Garry's Mod

Associate
i bought this on steam a few days ago when it was reduced but i wont be able to install it for a few days

i used it a long time ago back when it was free and i just wanted to know what has changed since then? :)

Soldato
You have to see it to believe it. :p

I've used it since version 2.x I believe, and the differences are absolutely immeasurable. The tool set is much more vast, and a lot easier to use, there are a fantastic amount of props at your disposal (those of any Source game you've got installed), and everything just moves along at a much better rate. It's much more of a pleasure to use, and less of a chore to get your ideas out.

Soldato
thanks for the replies :D
i cant wait to use it now and that companion cube is a must have for me! :p

Only works if you have Portal installed unfortunately, but damn is it scary... i mean cute, yeah the lovable companion cube that does not talk or move.... or stab you in the back... yeah...

Man of Honour
Just bought this as it was half price. Glad there is now a thread for it! Loading up the spacebuild server first (taking an age to download) - first read about this in PCgamer and it sounds like fun. Any tips/comments that might help me get into this mod?

Soldato
+1, preferably spawn it in a dark place.

Alternatively if you are feeling particularly masochistic you could say go into CS office and spawn about 50.

I believe 1 suggestion was to load up the Ravenholm map and play through with a companion cube keeping your... er... spirits up. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Just bought this as looks like could be fun.

Anything you can tell a newbie with it to help me get started? I have hl2 and im installing portal atm, i took tf2 off few weeks back due to needing hdd space for other stuff so dont think ill be using tf2 stuff in it for awhile or least till i get a new hdd.

Associate
I am always playing trouble in terriost town on garysmod, the game chooses traitors to silently kill the other players, its like cludo but in a fps game,it works well and addictive,listening to people on mic is funny to when there trying to lie there not a traitor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom