Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Point worth considering - you don't have to take the lock home, just the key. Attach the lock to the empty post when you leave it.
It can be as heavy as you want unless you want to take it other places too.

Fair point.

352n5p3.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kryptonite-York-Fahgettaboudit-Mini-Lock/dp/B000OZ9VLU

:)

Looks pretty solid. I'll go read some reviews but what do you think of it, I assume you have one? :cool:

Soldato
I have been looking at getting a 5.2 and all the reviews really rate this bike and state they can't believe the quality for the price of £200....

Just watched the Gadget Show which compared 5 budget bikes under £100 of which the Rockrider 5.0 was one of them. MBUK helped in the test and everyone agreed that the RR was by far the best bike of the bunch.

Guess what I am trying to say is that Rockriders appear to be very good bikes...

I bought a 8.1 second hand for £210 (was selling for £500 at the time) and I'm chuffed to bits with it. So much so that I bough my girlfriend a 5.1 and for her skill level it's great. I love mine and will do me well for a good while yet.

Also worth noting that when buying my girlfriends the guy mentioned to me that they come with a lifetime warrenty or something? Some French thing. :)

Soldato
He was crawling, she was barely moving.

Her fault, but he should have expected/pre empted it being on a downward sloping XC trail, there are bound to be a lot of beginners around.

He did however do very well at keeping calm and really sounded genuine while apologising.

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
What the ....? I'm not even sure how she got hurt tbh, imagine if she had a proper off!!

He wasn;t going fast at all, was very humble and calm in his apology though! :D

Didn't stop her moaning for a solid 5 mins even getting passerby's roped in on it.

Ok, he hit her but FFS she only had a little tumble which she then milked the death out of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom