Fallout: New Vegas

Soldato
Bug Alert

There is currently a bug caused by Steam Cloud which causes your quick/auto-saves to be replaced by the first occurrences of these items on launching New Vegas.

This can be fixed by deleting everything in your Steam\Userdata\[unique numbered folder]\22380 before launching Fallout: New Vegas, this will ensure that the quick/auto-saves that show will be your most recent ones.

Standard saves are not affected.

Taken from the steam forums, tested by myself and it does fix the issue, I've just stuck a shortcut to that folder next to where my steam pops up so I remember to delete them before launching the game.

Soldato
Bug Alert
Taken from the steam forums, tested by myself and it does fix the issue, I've just stuck a shortcut to that folder next to where my steam pops up so I remember to delete them before launching the game.

Isn't it easier to write a batch file to delete the files then launch the game? You won't ever forget then? :p

Man of Honour
Bug Alert

There is currently a bug caused by Steam Cloud which causes your quick/auto-saves to be replaced by the first occurrences of these items on launching New Vegas.

This can be fixed by deleting everything in your Steam\Userdata\[unique numbered folder]\22380 before launching Fallout: New Vegas, this will ensure that the quick/auto-saves that show will be your most recent ones.

Standard saves are not affected.

Hope that gets fixed soon!

Caporegime
PERFORMANCE TWEAK!!!

First download the dx9.dll from the following link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6LHPT9ZC

Has been virus scanned!

Copy the DX9.DLL file into your root Fallout 3 vegas directory , run the launcher it will detect new hardware 7800gs. Go into your options and wack everything back up to what you had it before. Ultra in my case! ( Don't touch the hardware type , leave it as 7800GS )

Run the game , apparantly this has fixed many peoples frame rate problems and stutter problems. From further research it seems there is a bug between the game and DX10/11 cards and directx.

If you notice no difference , just delete the file!..

Frame rates have shot up for me with no difference in quality

Last edited:
Soldato
Well im getting this but its not via steam will be normal copy bought from a purple store its been despatched (yesterday to be precise) Will it go via steam then anyway??

Soldato
How can it not work? Surely turning it off prevents it from doing anything :confused:

You could just play it offline... i find it hard to believe steamcloud could screw with it then.

Associate
PERFORMANCE TWEAK!!!

First download the dx9.dll from the following link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6LHPT9ZC

Has been virus scanned!

Copy the DX9.DLL file into your root Fallout 3 vegas directory , run the launcher it will detect new hardware 7800gs. Go into your options and wack everything back up to what you had it before. Ultra in my case! ( Don't touch the hardware type , leave it as 7800GS )

Run the game , apparantly this has fixed many peoples frame rate problems and stutter problems. From further research it seems there is a bug between the game and DX10/11 cards and directx.

If you notice no difference , just delete the file!..

Frame rates have shot up for me with no difference in quality

Thanks for posting this, its made a massive difference. Still stutters a tiny bit, but largely runs very well at 1080P now. It was getting unplayable in big firefights.

Back
Top Bottom