Dipped headlights not functioning on 207, advice please.

Soldato
First time posting on the motors forum, be gentle.

My dipped headlights since this morning no longer appear to be working. they were fine yesterday evening driving home. I drive a Peugeot 207 desiel, and on closer inspection my sidelights appear to be functioning fine, as are the full beam, but switching between sidelights and dip results in nothing happening bar the dashboard green dip light coming on.

I automatically thought it may be a fuse, and had a look in the book but it appears that each dipped front light has a separate fuse of its own, so I thought it would be odd for both to go at once, same for the actual bulbs. Its dark now and I don't have any light by which to work, but wonder what peopels thoughts are, what is likely to be causing it, and if i should attempt to self fix or get down the dealers tomorrow after work?

Soldato
OP
No, I've no light to go looking, it will be my first port of call, ID them and hopefully swap out for same size of fuse, they are 15's i'll have a trawl thru the rest of the fuses and see if i can ID one of the same size to swap over.
Just wondering if it isn't 2 bulbs going at same time, and the onboard radio not beeping to tell me the bulb is out as it has done in the past, and isn't 2 fuses blown at the same time, then what could it be?

Permabanned
what year is it?

check fuses, if not it could be the headlight stalk.

can you 'feel' if the stalk is 'ok', ie does it still click and slot etc as it did before? (if you noticed/paid attention that is)

if it is the fuses there is a wiring fault, pretty rare for both bulbs to go together. I'm not sure if I've heard of it tbh.

Soldato
OP
The stalk on a 207 is a twist click, the indicator stalk move to indicate and to flick between full beam on and off, and a rotatry section twists to switch on sidelight and a second click for the dip to come on.

It appears to be functioning fine, as one the second click the green dashboard light to indicate dipped lights active comes on as one would expect, just the lights don't come on.

Soldato
OP
Right, checked the fuses, they appear intact and swapping for others didn't help.
The stalk appears to be functional. All other lights and features are working correctly.
Bulbs seem to be intact also, can't see any issues, but I don't have an alternative to stick in and try.

Soldato
OP
Well went and got it checked out, strangely enough, it was the simplist solution, both bulbs had blown at once.
Certainly something that isn't common given they are on separate circuits and separate fuses, and the onbaord system not reporting either as broken.

Still job sorted, and just in time torrential rains in Ni today, damn sure I need my headlights :)

Back
Top Bottom