Corsair TX 650 help needed

Soldato
Guys,

RMA'd my first TX650 after 3 months form new as it blew (taking out the mobo too). Had this one for 7 monhs now from March I think.

The other day I turned the pc on at the mains and heard a 'pop'. A bit like when you turn a speaker off at the mains. My speaker was not on mind.

Anyway the PC is working byt I can smell what can only be described as 'electrical' burning. I've given the psu a sniff and it appears to be coming from the psu, sniffed the extraction bit at the back. I've checked the mobo for blown capcitors and can't see any.

Any ideas guys? I'm worried the psu is dying but its currently powering the system so no sure I can rma it yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
My spec

mobo - Asrock Extreme 3 770
cpu - AMD BE 965 (with baram cooler)
Ram - 4gb abit ram
gfx - Asus 5770
1 cd wirter + 1 640gb western digital black drive

All housed in an Antec 300 case and all running at stock

Soldato
OP
I fitted a Thermaltake 550w modular but can't find a lot of info on it.

Guys are Thermaltake PSU's any good? And bearing the above spec in mind if I upgraded fomr the 5770 to a 6870 would this poer it?

Soldato
OP
Well my Corsair was indeed faulty and was rma'd in record time by ocuk.

Just want to give a quick shout out to ocuk and in particular James Bailey who sorted my problems mega quick! Sterling servcie chums - well done!

Soldato
I fitted a Thermaltake 550w modular but can't find a lot of info on it.

Guys are Thermaltake PSU's any good? And bearing the above spec in mind if I upgraded fomr the 5770 to a 6870 would this poer it?

have a look here.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page680.htm

It would be OK for your current rig but as its an older PSU I would have doubts. If you plan on upgrading the graphics card I would upgrade the PSU to something like this.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-117-AN

Back
Top Bottom