MSI P67A-GD65 POST question

Associate
Ok, so I got round to building the new rig last night based on the MSI board and overall it seems to be running fine. Not really had time to get to grips with the overclocking yet.
I have a question for anyone with this board. What happens at POST?
I get a cursor at the top left with a series a beeps with some codes at the bottom right. No traditional POST screen with the single reassuring beep. No lines of text about the CPU and RAM and no 'press del to enter setup'.
Is this what everyone else is getting?

Associate
I'm not getting that. I'm on the 1,7 bios and get a screen with '99' in the bottom right for 2 seconds, then onto loading marvel drivers for 2 more seconds, onto the point where it says press delete to enter bios/setup, then MSI flash logo (now disabled) and on into windows. I've not had a speaker connected so can't comment on the beeps.

Soldato
I get '99' at the bottom and a black screen followed by 3 bleeps then a pause then a 4th bleep.

Wasn't exactly a reassuring sign when I first powered up after building.

But it is normal.

Associate
OP
Sounds familiar.
Coming from previous boards lots of beeps were a sign that something wasn't right. Must be normal for this board.
The codes at the bottom appear to be normal steps in the boot up. Here's a link to AMI's list of boot codes.

I get...
Black screen with a cursor, the numbers at the bottom and lots of beeps...
Marvell bios screen...
Intel raid screen...
MSI splash screen...
Windows.

Associate
At post I see a message saying 'No hard drive detected' but it then boots into Windows fine and in the BIOS it shows the HDD fine, very strange

Associate
Glad i found this thread, was starting to get worried about all the bleeping at start-up, although sometimes mine does have a large pause before the last beep :s

Back
Top Bottom