Xonar DX & iTunes

Associate
Does anyone have a similar issue when using a Xonar DX PCI-E card and iTunes?

Basically, when changing tracks using iTunes, there is a skipping/repeating of approximately half a second of the track before the next one. It's really odd as it doesn't happen in Zune.

I'm assuming it's a driver issue but ASUS seem to be pretty poor with driver updates. I tried the Unified driver package but couldn't get it to install due to them not being signed.

Any ideas anyone?

I'm using a Gigabyte EX58-UD5.

Soldato
Just tested with my Xonar DX and iTunes and I notice no skipping/repeating of anything when changing tracks or when leaving iTunes move to the next one by itseld. I'm also using a EX58-UD5 although I can't think why that would be important. I use driver 7.12.8.1792 (I think) which was the first I tried.

Does it do this when you use WMP or something else to play the music?

I'm using an older iTunes version though version 9.20.61.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'm using iTunes 10.1.1.4 and the same Asus driver version. It doesn't affect WMP so it seems like it might be an iTunes issue.

Associate
OP
Update: I've been searching for any other similar issues with iTunes and stumbled upon selecting iTunes in the Add/Remove Programs list and clicking 'Repair'.

I didn't think that this would work but it has. Weird.

Soldato
Itunes on Windows is an abomination from the pit of Hades. Never has so many problems with any other software. I've come to the conclusion that it's just not meant for people that tinker with their PCs. Changing practically anything seems to break it.

Back
Top Bottom