No longer allowed to bump in bumper-cars at Butlins, say what?

Permabanned
I was always a right **** on these things and targeted people and full on tried to hit them at the best places possible to spin them right out.

Soldato
I went to a Kingswood activity centre last year with my class of 9-10 year olds. One of the activities was quad-biking (they were SO excited!)

We got to the quad bike track - they were allowed one lap of a little flat, sandy, fenced in track, children in a helmet obviously, the bike went at about 5mph, WITH AN INSTRUCTOR RUNNING ALONGSIDE holding a string attached to the quad bike meaning they could cut the engine at any point.

Fun much? After the first couple had a go, the rest of the children weren't as enthusiastic about it any more!

Associate
OP
But then if everyone dodged and no one actually bumped, the only fun would be in going round and round like an ice rink. Maybe it's just me and my hooligan tendencies but that doesn't seem like much fun at all :(

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Not being allowed to bump the cars in dodgems is like not being allowed to cop a feel in the swimming pool!

What's the point? :(

Associate
When ever I've gone on them in the past people were allowed to bump anyone as much as they want... Christ we were even doing head on collisions and not a word was said...

Granted i had a sore neck the morning after :)

Soldato
What would be the point of even getting on one if your not allowed to bump into people? Thats the basic concept of dodgems!

I used to love going on them with my cousins. I was lilke a little demented phycho behind the wheel of one. I only lamented that bumping didnt cause the other car to explode! >=)

Caporegime
If they don't want 'bumping' take off the big massive shock absorbers surrounding each car and make it clear that any damage will come out of the drivers pocket.

Set up a few speed cameras too while they're at it for a bit of extra income. :p

Soldato
I thought the whole trick was to have a mate with you in another dodgem and you chase after one other dodgem, hit them full on the front with one dodgem and when it bounces backwards hit the rear with the other one, guaranteed neck pain and a result.

Back
Top Bottom