MSI OC Genie Trouble

Associate
Just bought and installed a Corsair H-50 and wanted to try the OC Genie on my MSI GD65 P55 motherboard and let that do all the work and see what it would overclock to. The thing is when i enable it it says its enabled but goes into a constant reboot loop, and never passes post :confused:

Has anyone used this before? im also running the latest bios version for this board

Associate
OP
Thanks for your reply. Yes it runs fine with it disabled :( ive had this board almost a year and put of pushing that button all that time til i had good cooling . AND NOW IT DOESNT WORK :mad::(

Associate
Go into the Bios like normal and see if you have accidently disabled it this could cause the system boot to loop. I know it's possible to disable the button I'm not sure what effect this may have.

Associate
OP
Thanks again for your reply, just had alook in bios and it is enabled :(

also just a heads up on your sig, i think your only allowed 4 lines of text, so you may want to change it before mods do mate :)

Associate
First time I powered onup I got no screen display and the lights and fans kept flashing on and off but that was because the PSU had only just been plugged in and took a bit of time for power but then I got a black screen with no boot up but this was just my GPU out of place. After 2 hours standard us I tried the OC genie the only difference was the post screen and the blue light from the button.

You should only press the OC genie while the sytems powered down it should not have to restart since it was not powered on this could be your problem.

Soldato
Did you ever make it work? I've just got a GD65 and having never OC'd before I thought I'd try it since all I had to do is push a button but I have the exact same reboot cycle problem :(.

Back
Top Bottom