** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Soldato
Anyone got one from OcUK yet? Do they have stock yet? :confused:

It is still listed as a pre-order which doesn't look terribly promising. I should also note that I still haven't heard anything regarding a review sample of any of the SA units (only a TA unit which I turned down as it would be a waste of my time reviewing this). Somebody asked earlier on this thread whether I will be reviewing all four units (both SA750s and SA950s). I will take whatever I can get to be honest but it takes a lot of time and effort to review a monitor in the kind of depth that I strive for - even more so given that my helpful colleague and 'cowriter' is sunning himself on extended vacation at the moment. Given other commitments and my uncertainty about what Samsung's people can give me I can't make any promises. What I will promise is that I will review at least one of the monitors (acquired personally or otherwise) in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes s**** and eshopbrokers had it for 30th delivery, makes me wonder if they were misleading to get sales, or where too quick on releasing an estimated stock time.

Associate
I don't think there's a conspiracy behind it but I think I'm right in saying that you're not allowed to accept paypal payment for anything that won't be available within 1 month, Openpandora and project zomboid both got hit with that, that might have been the reason.
Went on say 27th may, eta 27th june :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

66 units are arriving with us tomorrow, were told this is all of the first UK batch, so all backorders will ship tomorrow and we have some spare left over. :)

Soldato
Are there any decent reviews of these yet that talk about 2d performance? I'm toying with the idea of a full on monitor upgrade and have had my eye on these for months.

Hitman
Soldato
Hi there

66 units are arriving with us tomorrow, were told this is all of the first UK batch, so all backorders will ship tomorrow and we have some spare left over. :)

Any idea if you'll have any spare 27" 750d's left over? I may place an order now and come in and pick it up if so when they're in. Been waiting 2 months for these :D

Associate
Thanks for the link :D
That was more like an advert than a review though :S
He didn't even say whether or not the 2d>3d mode introduces input lag when he was bigging it up.

Are there any decent reviews of these yet that talk about 2d performance? I'm toying with the idea of a full on monitor upgrade and have had my eye on these for months.

This is as good as we have at the minute

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/gadgetry-electronics-discussion/8220-samsung-s27a950d-review.html

Last edited:
Associate
One of the first video reviews I belive.

although they seem very impressed, they are clearly relying primarily on the 2D->3D. It seems to be more aimed at AMD HD3D than any nVidia solution, which is strange in a way for the 950 as it has the dual DVI connection.

Associate
although they seem very impressed, they are clearly relying primarily on the 2D->3D. It seems to be more aimed at AMD HD3D than any nVidia solution, which is strange in a way for the 950 as it has the dual DVI connection.

They are aiming it to be video card agnostic by using TriDef which works with both vendors. I bet the reason TriDef is currently unable to use frame sequential with nVidia is because nVidia are keeping their info and drivers closed to try to keep the anti competitive, proprietary 3D Vision going for as long as possible.

Soldato
OK I'm starting to get confused.

Will the 950D allow a Nvidia card to watch 3D Bluray movies and use TriDef3D?

To get 120Mhz on this monitor working I need to use dual DVI connection or a display port?

Associate
OK I'm starting to get confused.

Will the 950D allow a Nvidia card to watch 3D Bluray movies and use TriDef3D?

To get 120Mhz on this monitor working I need to use dual DVI connection or a display port?

I don't see there being an issue with watching 3D movies with an nVidia card as that uses side by side rather then frame sequential. I can't categorically say it can though so maybe someone else can confirm it.

Either a display port or dual dvi will let you get 120Hz with full resolution.

Associate
Apparently only dual link DVI will display 120hz. The full specs and user guide are available to download from the Samsung product page. The manual gives some good tech info. I guess I will let you know tomorrow when I pick my screen up.
Very little reviews and solid info is a little un-nerving for £600 but tomorrow will hopefully put the mind at rest!

Back
Top Bottom