Nivforever
Gangster

Yup

£2 or so on my usual £16 domino's.
Nivforever is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2011, 23:28   #92
Huw
Wise Guy

All you people complaining that pizza costs enough as it is...why buy from Domino's then? It's absolutely ridiculous what they charge. Every town I've lived in has had several independent pizza places that do pizzas for £4-6 that are no worse than Domino's. I don't know how Domino's stays in business.
Huw is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2011, 23:30   #93
Moses
Capodecina

I don't bother tipping delivery drivers... I mean the service is normally rubbish, with food taking FOREVER to arrive. That's on top of the fact I normally pay online, or go and collect food (as it's far quicker/there's free stuff if you pick it up, lolstudentmode).

I'll give taxi drivers a round number, and in restaurants 10%'s the way forward.
Moses is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2011, 23:55   #94
orbspeed1
Gangster

May be some some of you should think about what a tip is or means.

T.I.P.S To Insure Prompt/Proper Service

I work for a couple of diffrent chinese take-a-ways on diffrent nights the drivers range from 17-75 years of age some have other jobs some are retired but we are all the same if we go out with more than one delivery at a time and we usualy do the ones who usually give a tip are the ones that allways get their food first.
You dont have to give much but a little makes a big diffrence to me and the other drivers do you think with fuel costing a fortune we are gonna race to the tight fisted gits house that waits for thier 50p change or the one that give a quid each time.
A typical night I will use £5 to £10 of fuel and that come out of my wages plus the extra wear and tear on the car.

The best tippers are usualy the ones with the least IE those on council estates and the worst are those well of with a 1/2 million quid detached house or similar.

But at the end of the day its your money spend it how you like but if you want you food hotter and faster give a little tip

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
orbspeed1 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 00:04   #95
Morgoth
Soldato

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbspeed1 View Post
a little makes a big diffrence to me and the other drivers do you think with fuel costing a fortune we are gonna race to the tight fisted gits house that waits for thier 50p change or the one that give a quid each time.
If you don't like it get another job.

*shrug*

Q6600 3.78GHz | GTX 670 | Corsair HX650 | 4GB PC8500 | LT X48-T2R
Morgoth is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 00:16   #96
Brian8bit
PermaBanned

Or a moped. Much better fuel economy.
Brian8bit is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 00:24   #97
Deific
Mobster

If a pizza man had to fight off a pack of wild foxes, then pack of knife-wielding hoodies to get your pizza to you, would you tip then?

PII x4 965\ Xfire 5850 PCS+\ 8GB RipjawsX DDR3\ M4A79XTD Evo
F3 500GB\ Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2\ Truepower 750W\ Lancool PC-K62
Deific is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 00:25   #98
Jambo
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAM View Post
Is this prison talk ?
Tip, not top.
Jambo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 00:26   #99
Morgoth
Soldato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deific View Post
If a pizza man had to fight off a pack of wild foxes, then pack of knife-wielding hoodies to get your pizza to you, would you tip then?
Possibly, but not because he realised that his car ran on conventional fuel and not vespene gas.

Q6600 3.78GHz | GTX 670 | Corsair HX650 | 4GB PC8500 | LT X48-T2R
Morgoth is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 00:31   #100
Sycho
Mobster

Yeah i always give £1-2 but i do not order from overpriced pizza places and they deliver fast.Costs me £10 for 2 pizzas size of Domino's large pizzas and a lot nicer which isn't too bad.

4770k@4.5ghz/16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz/MSI GTX970 Gaming Edition
Asus Maximus Hero VI/RV02W-EW/Samsung 840 250gb SSD
OCZ 1250W/CatLeap Q270 120hz/Western Digital 2TB/Corsair H80i
Sycho is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 00:39   #101
Maz
Soldato

Always, always tip Pizza delivery actually any food delivery drivers, Taxi Drivers, Barber and when we eat out at any decent restaurant where you are waited on.

Because I'm not a tight stingy ass for the sake of a few quid here and there.

We eat out, order takeaway or use Taxis about 5/7 evenings.
Maz is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 01:21   #102
SCMRubix
Gangster

Depends on how much I'm paying for the pizza.
Over here in oz we get really cheap pizzas from Dominos. The other night got 3 pizzas for $18 dollars

SCMRubix is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 01:42   #103
orbspeed1
Gangster

Morgoth I like my job (my gf works mainly evenings so I work a few nights as well as my full time job for extra cash + I get free grub)i get paid if I deliver and I get paid if I dont but not as much(i can read a book if its quiet or chat to the other staff either way better than sitting at home doing bugger all) just saying think what a tip means to the driver its the difrence between an ok night and a good night for others it may mean paying or not paying the bills at the end of the month are you realy that hard up/tight/selfish/rude that you would wait for your 50p change.

Ps
Your average customer I would not call rude etc as I said before it's your money spend it how you want but I get the odd one who spends £50+ on food then waits for 10p change

Pps
Speed of delivery is proportionate (spelling not good with vodka at 2am) to the size of tip the dude who lives in the middle of nowhere and tips i burn some rubber the tight gits I drive like a granny and save some fuel

Also domino's sucks its like macy d's of the pizza world.

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it
orbspeed1 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 02:03   #104
benneh
Sgarrista

I pay online and tip, you cheap cheap bunch!.

benneh is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 02:41   #105
EdGey
Sgarrista

Never ordered a pizza to my house before, so no.

EdGey is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 02:53   #106
Dave85
Sgarrista

Dont tip dominos or pizza hut because only time they are ordered is if I have no cash in house. Local pizza guy from kebab shop etc always gets whatever is needed to round it up. So usually about 50-60p

Dave85 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 03:15   #107
Aod
Sgarrista

God no! my last pizza delivery was nineteen pounds. I'm not made of damn money!

If it's cash on delivery i'll round up to the nearest convenient amount so the guy doesn't have to fiddle around for change though. same with taxi-Drivers

Aod is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 06:23   #108
Skidder
Man of Honour

What a bunch of peasants. Just give the guy a quid or so - he's happy and it's hardly blown the budget.

Skidder is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 06:51   #109
Zefan
Don

Quote:
The best tippers are usualy the ones with the least IE those on council estates and the worst are those well of with a 1/2 million quid detached house or similar.
Have you thought that maybe this is because the people that have a larger more expensive house in a better area are generally more sensible with their money - for example refraining from tipping pizza delivery drivers?

Zefan is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 06:56   #110
Wicksta
PermaBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLOL View Post
No i don't tip

The idea that you should be tipped for doing your job is an american one.

The american's think you should tip everyone, Waiters, ****tail waitresses, taxi drivers, delivery men, hotel staff, and anything less than 20 % is being cheap.
This is even the case if you go to an American bar with paid entry but 'free' drinks - you won't get served if you don't tip!
Wicksta is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 07:46   #111
FNGsam
Wise Guy

i always give a nice tip such as "never wear socks with jandals" .

But seriously, no, i always find the service isn't to great around here..

FNGsam is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 07:49   #112
MrMoonX
PermaBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
That's to make up for their rubbish base line wages, though... so the tips are effectively part of their wage.
why should we be making up the crappy wage? they should factor that into the business margins and pay a living wage in the first place
MrMoonX is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 07:52   #113
Cosimo
Man of Honour

Only if I have donít have the right change. I could walk it if I wanted to.

Cosimo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 07:59   #114
shauncr91
Capodecina

Never. I serve food and don't get tips, because I already get paid by my employer. The delivery guy gets paid by his employer, why should I pay him more?

shauncr91 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 08:00   #115
~Divine~Wind~
Underboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TW]Fox View Post
What exactly has he done, other than exactly what he is paid to and nothing more?
I agree with this tbh.
Do I get tips at work for doing what Im meant to do? no
Do you tip your binmen? no

What absolutely boils my **** is these places that put on their receipts a "discretionary x% gratuity has been added"

If I see that on the reciept I have it removed, If I am gonna tip its for receiving fantastic service not just because they expect a tip.

~Divine~Wind~ is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 08:40   #116
Gackt
Soldato

Quote:
T.I.P.S To Insure Prompt/Proper Service

You dont have to give much but a little makes a big diffrence to me and the other drivers do you think with fuel costing a fortune we are gonna race to the tight fisted gits house that waits for thier 50p change or the one that give a quid each time.
As I said, my job is far more hazardous and unpleasant than yours, I work long hours, and get paid very little. I don't get tips, or extra money.

As someone with a decent work ethic, I expect and are expected to provide prompt and proper service AS STANDARD, not if I feel like it, or that guy has given me extra in bribe money.

A lot of waiters/delivery people think that they're entitled to that tip, that if they're not being tipped then it's "okay" for them to provide a crap service. That is a behaviour typical of your 'chav' 'scrounger' 'dole' culture, not one of a culture of hard-working individuals.

I have tipped before, but that is for EXCEPTIONAL service. i.e. Where a person has gone beyond the call of duty in order to provide that proper service. Not if they're a little earlier, or they say thank you when they hand me my pizza, but when they do something such as going back and get the right order, for example (which has happened to me in the past, albeit once).

The kind of attitude that people 'deserve' tips for DOING THEIR JOB is digusting and pathetic.

If you don't like the pay, get another job, otherwise you are propagating that kind of low-pay, tipping attitude by working it.

Quote:
Somebody has to make the tough choices that get people killed. I guess that somebody is you.
Gackt is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 08:40   #117
Moses
Capodecina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoonX View Post
why should we be making up the crappy wage? they should factor that into the business margins and pay a living wage in the first place
In practical terms, does it make any difference? You could pay $10 for the food, then $2 tip, or you could pay $12 for the food and have no tipping. If anything, doing it the tip way's probably more sensible, as then they don't have to pay tax on the tip, etc (no idea what American tax laws are like on that issue).

But yes, a genuine living wage would be a nice thing... however, I've got zero control over that, and was just pointing out why tipping's more of a done thing over there.
Moses is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 08:53   #118
dfarrall
PermaBanned

I used to work in a non-chain pizza joint,
What annoyed me was drivers got tipped for simply delivering it to the door plus theyre £6.50 wage, were as us staff making every part of it and preparing the order got £5 and no tips.
dfarrall is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 09:05   #119
Hastarius
Hitman

Quote:
but if you want you food hotter and faster give a little tip
You drive slower because you don't get a tip then people will look elsewhere. Less customers for the business you work for then more the chance you'll be out of a job. Stop throwing a hissy fit and expecting a tip and be grateful that people still use your business if you're driving slowly and giving them warmish pizzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarrall View Post
I used to work in a non-chain pizza joint,
What annoyed me was drivers got tipped for simply delivering it to the door plus theyre £6.50 wage, were as us staff making every part of it and preparing the order got £5 and no tips.
Exactly. You're the one doing the work in a hot kitchen and they expect tips for simply driving what you prepared to our doors....I hope your drivers aren't babies when they don't get a tip.
Hastarius is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 09:08   #120
uniQ
Mobster

I would tip except I never order pizzas they are too unhealthy.
uniQ is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote