Corsair H100 Review

Soldato
Hey guys

I cracked the whip and got the king of overclocking to bench the shiny new H100 sample from Corsair. The results were quite good.

The biggest shock is that the fans are much better than the H80 fans meaning the results are better than expected. This is the quiestest closed CPU loop we have used so far. WE used the stock thermal gunk, no 3rd party aftermarket paste was used. This was all test in an Antec 1200 case.

What really stands out is the fact that Rjkoneill normally doesn't like the closed retail kits as he is a massive fan of "proper" custom watercooling loops, but he is quite happy with the performance of this and would be willing to use it in his system.

Well a screen shot says a million words. 5GHz on a 2500k with fans on medium settings and it doesn't go above 77 degrees.

h100.JPG

The stock will be arriving next week, so get your orders in now!

Corsair Hydro H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1366/LGA2011/AM2/AM3) @ £94.99 inc VAT

HS-009-CS_400.jpg

Featuring a full 240mm radiator and two performance matched 120mm fans, the Corsair Hydro Series H100 extreme performance liquid CPU cooler is designed to deliver cooling performance that meets the needs of even the most demanding performance enthusiast.
The H100 fully supports Corsair Link Digital connections, so you can be in complete control of your cooling. Monitor a wide range of parameters, including pump speed, coolant temperature, and fan speed, and customize your own performance profiles*. (*Requires the Corsair Link Commander, sold separately). The low-profile integrated pump and cold plate includes push-button control so you can select the fan speed and cooling performance setup that best suits your needs. The cool blue LED display lets you know at a glance which profile is being used.

- Dual length 240mm radiator for increased surface area and cooling potential.
- Corsair Link™ Digital compatibility means that you can be in complete control of your cooling.
- Push-button fan control so you can select the fan speed and cooling performance that best suits your needs.
- Two all-new 120mm fans optimize static pressure and airflow for amazing performance.
- FEP tubing provides extraordinarily low coolant evaporation levels.
- A new improved micro-channel cold-plate design more efficiently transfers heat.
- Quick and easy installation brackets make it easier than ever to upgrade to watercooling.
- Includes mounting hardware compatible with all modern CPU socket designs
- Radiation Dimensions: 120mm x 275mm x 27mm
- Fan Dimensions: 120mm x 25mm
- Air Flow per Fan: 46 - 92 CFM
- Combined Fans Noise Level: 25 - 42 dBA

Only £94.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
They do when the temperatures are more than acceptable and the voltage and core speed are both well above what most people are achieving.
it shows the cooler is capable even when a big overclock is applied.
I am not a reviewer, thats not my job. this was a quick test on a sample but the results were good so we thought it would show people the capability of an as yet unreleased product.

posted in the news section but I will post it here too:

heres the same 5ghz overclock after a few hours testing to show the progress
h1002.jpg

and as requested, a screenshot of a more achievable overclock on conservative volts.
h10046.jpg

as you can see, even when pumped up to silly vcore the cooler handles it well with only a marginal increase in temperatures.

Soldato
What I was getting at was that you might have achieved something similar with a cheaper option. There's no doubting it's a capable cooler but how is it better than say a cheaper high end air cooler like the noctua or thermalright? That's what people would probably like to know afterall.

It wouldn't take long to test an NH-D14 for a quick comparison and I'm sure many will appreciate that :).

Associate
Thanks for the review on the cooling uint, it would be nice to see it on a 2600k as well as I believe they run hotter. Plus I can then compare it to my custom watercooling and to other low end all in one units I have fitted to other ppls pc's.

Associate
Would you need a full tower case to house this beast or will it fit in midi cases too? Specifically, I was wondering if it would fit in the Fractal f3 or arc midi.

Associate
How does it compare to a H50?? I was thinking of getting one but not much point if it wont make much difference.

Associate
It will fit in any case that has two 120mm fan mounts next to each other.

I did a quick google search and certainly the pictures I saw it doesn't fit in Antec 1200 where the 2 rear 120mm fans are. The guy had to mount it in the roof of the case and remove the 200mm (or whatever size it is) fan.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
it does fit in the antec 1200

Thanks for the review on the cooling uint, it would be nice to see it on a 2600k as well as I believe they run hotter. Plus I can then compare it to my custom watercooling and to other low end all in one units I have fitted to other ppls pc's.

the 2600k would be at most 5'c hotter. it really doesn't add as much as you would imagine

Soldato
Think it'd fit in the Antec Lanboy Air? Certainly won't fit in the rear exhaust due to that only being one fan, but perhaps on the side panel? Whats the weight of it vs the weight of two 120mm fans?

Could maybe go mounted on the top providing you buy some fan gaurds, are the fans led or replaceable with led fans?

I'm seriously considering something like this :)

Soldato
This would take a lot less room in my case than my Noctua NH-D14 but with push pull i dont think it would fit at the top of my Cooler Master CM-690 II Advanced and i cant take out the hard drive bays as i need them.

Back
Top Bottom