*** Official Dead Island Thread ***

Soldato
I can't get the game to look good on my system no matter what I do, I might just go get it on 360 or PS3, the lighting is terrible, I have tried manually editing the video.scr and setting it to read only but it doesn't seem to change anything,

Here are a few pics so you can see what I mean, they are at full resolution so click the links to see them

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4

Soldato
Unfortunately I cannot buy it on GMG because I see prices in euros and those are much higher (36 euros even after applied discount codes!).

I have one spare steam key of Deus Ex HR.

If someone would gift me Dead Island steam key from GMG, I would PM you the Deus Ex HR key in exchange :).

Associate
I can't connect to anyone else's games, I get this error:

"Connection Failed

You have been disconnected from the game"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkItwL1kAeA

If you listen carefully I can actually hear the others players microphones while im on the loading screen so it does manage to connect then just pops up with connection failed.

If people join my game (in exactly the same place of the story, standing in the same place etc) we can talk, we get loot everyone else picks up but we can't see each other.

Any ideas? I can't find anyone else with this problem.

No firewall, no proxies, connected directly to modem, tried verifying steam files and reinstalling.

Bump! I still can't play with anyone else, £23 for single player Dead Island? No thanks :p

Permabanned
I'm suprised no one has said anything about the FOV (Field of View) When you are playing. Everything looks really zoomed in.

It's because the FOV is set as 65 rather than 90 which almost most games have.

See here how to change it, it makes the game so much better just check the screenshots out.

There have been people claiming to have a FOV fix that involves hex editing some *.dll files which is a big no-no for VAC, which can result in you being banned, there is a much easier way to edit the CameraDefaultFOV cvar located in Data0.pak/Data/Skills/default_levels.xml

To do so, simply extract the file, locate your Dead Island folder in your user's documents folder, where your audio and video settings are already saved, and create a "Data" folder, a "Skills" subfolder, and place the default_levels.xml in the skills sub folder. Open the file, edit away.

Screenshots:

90 degree FOV: http://i.imgur.com/ZG9pe.jpg

62.5 (default) FOV: http://i.imgur.com/w8H3e.jpg

To be clear, your DeadIsland folder should have this structure:

DeadIsland

->out

->->data

->->->skills

->->->->default_levels.xml

->->logs

->->settings

Associate
I can't get the game to look good on my system no matter what I do, I might just go get it on 360 or PS3, the lighting is terrible, I have tried manually editing the video.scr and setting it to read only but it doesn't seem to change anything,

Here are a few pics so you can see what I mean, they are at full resolution so click the links to see them

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4

God that looks bad, what's going on with the shadows?
Hope you can sort it out.. Must be others with same problem.

Soldato

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4

Set your gamma to default fella, see how you get on there.

Soldato
I'm suprised no one has said anything about the FOV (Field of View) When you are playing. Everything looks really zoomed in.

See here how to change it, it makes the game so much better just check the screenshots out.

There have been people claiming to have a FOV fix that involves hex editing some *.dll files which is a big no-no for VAC, which can result in you being banned, there is a much easier way to edit the CameraDefaultFOV cvar located in Data0.pak/Data/Skills/default_levels.xml

To do so, simply extract the file, locate your Dead Island folder in your user's documents folder, where your audio and video settings are already saved, and create a "Data" folder, a "Skills" subfolder, and place the default_levels.xml in the skills sub folder. Open the file, edit away.

Screenshots:

DeadIsland

->out

->->data

->->->skills

->->logs

->->settings

Be careful when editing the FOV.

Whilst it is and improvement, it can result in a VAC ban.

Soldato

Screenshots:

DeadIsland

->out

->->data

->->->skills

->->logs

->->settings

Thank you. 85 is better for me - 90 looks a bit like a fishbowl.

Man of Honour
Anyone have a list of the optimal settings to edit the video file with?

Be careful when editing the FOV.

Whilst it is and improvement, it can result in a VAC ban.

No this is safe, you are not editing any of the games files. The out folder reads your files and changes the settings without editing the actual game files.

Soldato
Anyone have a list of the optimal settings to edit the video file with?

No this is safe, you are not editing any of the games files. The out folder reads your files and changes the settings without editing the actual game files.

A page or two back someone posted ideal settings.

Soldato
I already have a account on steam! Can remember using it now about 6 years ago and hated it.

Looks a lot more refined now and i actually figured out what to do.

1 thing though, why did i get 2 product keys from greenlantern site?

Soldato
I already have a account on steam! Can remember using it now about 6 years ago and hated it.

Looks a lot more refined now and i actually figured out what to do.

1 thing though, why did i get 2 product keys from greenlantern site?

1 is the game CD key and the other is for the Bloodbath DLC.

Soldato
Yeah I know they Prolly aren't needed, borderlands was ok in that sense. But does it have sads?. I'm being asked to host one if we can and can't seem to find much info.

Back
Top Bottom