Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Hardware > Optical Storage & Writing

Old 21st Sep 2011, 20:59   #1
RPC2 Auto-Reset

Any firmware experts about?

I've just flashed my LG GH22LS50 with a custom (MCSE-generated) firmware that has RPC2 auto-reset enabled. However, at that time, I had the region set to 5.

Turns out, the RPC2 reset not only resets the region change count, it also resets the region to what it was at the time the firmware was applied. As I use R2 discs 90% of the time, this is a bit of a pain!

What I'd like to know is, can I get back to R2-as-default by the following procedure:
  1. Flash back to standard TL03
  2. Reboot
  3. Set region to 2
  4. Flast to custom TL03
  5. Reboot

OK, I could just try this, but, as there are always risks involved with this sort of thing, it would be good to have confirmation that my plan should work before I go ahead and try it.

Thank you!
_SBradley_ is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2011, 10:05   #2
That sounds fine to me, the kind of thing I used to do way back when RPC1 firmwares were being knocked out for all kinds of drives. (I seem to remember the last time I did this was when Pioneer had slot loading DVD drives on the market)
Have you considered a software alternative such as AnyDVD?, that way you will always have RPC1 capabilities regardless of the drive and its firmware.
BloodyL is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote