Steelseries Dai-Sensei

Soldato
Well here it is probably the best mouse I have used in a very long time.

D2ppOl.jpg

Got the Sensei and the Xai and both are great mice. Trouble is neither is quite what I wanted. The Xai feels really nice but the firmware is trash and the acceleration on the Boogie Bug quite surprisingly noticeable. So ordered a Sensei and it was much better couldn't notice the acceleration and everything is great...apart from the silly metallic finish and pointless light that gets covered by your hand. Solution switch the covers and sell the Xai with the Sensei cover to a friend who wanted a new mouse (don't worry I did tell him it was a Xai in Sensei clothing).
n.b. this almost certainly voids your warranty but I have fired an email over to SS just to double check as if it doesn't then this mod is even more win than it already is.
edit: Turns out it doesn't void your warranty :)

haZFOl.jpg

Quite possibly the best and easiest mod I have ever done for anything. And when you consider that It cost me no more than the price of a regular Sensei after I sold the Xai a pretty good deal.

pCf3Il.jpg

Yes I do know that Steelseries have literally just brought out the Fnatic Sensei which is pretty much my Dai-Sensei but frankly I think it looks like *** and the Fnatic logo is ****.

EdOe6l.jpg
Bleugh

So basically what I am trying to say is if you have a friend who is willing to buy a Xai with a metallic finish and you want the best gaming mouse do this. If not then your loss.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
pfft not bothered by that. Same way I am not bothered by voiding the warranty on my PSU to change the fan or braid the cables or void the warranty on my graphics card to change the crappy cooler.

Soldato
OP
Until your PSU and Graphics Card go.

Unless you buy a EVGA GPU ;)

That is the gamble everyone takes every day. May as well buy a new [insert anything here] every time it goes out of warranty. TBH by the time this breaks I will have bought a new mouse and if it breaks before then it will be as a result of something that would not be covered by it anyway.

Soldato
OP
But not risking throwing away their money :p

Bah money is overrated :D Also what about the entire section of the forum on case mods? Are they throwing away their money (admittedly many of them are old cases but a lot of new ones getting modded)?

"Dai-Sensei" - welsh master? ;)

Ha maybe I should do a welsh dragon graphic for it :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Also what about the entire section of the forum on case mods? Are they throwing away their money (admittedly many of them are old cases but a lot of new ones getting modded)?

There's not really much that can go wrong with a case to require an RMA.

Mice, power supples, GPU's etc. are a different matter.

Soldato
OP
There's not really much that can go wrong with a case to require an RMA.

Mice, power supples, GPU's etc. are a different matter.

This is a silly conversation to have on a computer forum you are basically saying that anyone who changes the cooler on their GPU (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=57&subid=787 http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=962&catid=1520) or braiding their PSU cables (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18280993) or any other form of mod (see my OP) is wasting their money...good luck with that :rolleyes:

Caporegime
This is a silly conversation to have on a computer forum you are basically saying that anyone who changes the cooler on their GPU (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=57&subid=787 http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=962&catid=1520) or braiding their PSU cables (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18280993) or any other form of mod (see my OP) is wasting their money...good luck with that :rolleyes:

No.

I'm saying that if you carry out any modifications which void the warranty, and then the product fails, you've wasted your money.

If people want to take that risk then that's their choice but people shouldn't be advised carry out modifications without warning them of the risk of voiding the warranty.

Soldato
OP
No.

I'm saying that if you carry out any modifications which void the warranty, and then the product fails, you've wasted your money.

If people want to take that risk then that's their choice.

And I am saying that I have made that choice to take the risk and if others make that choice then they too can end up with what is IMO a fantastic mouse much much better than either stock mouse.

Fair enough I should put something in the OP to state that but I would have thought it obvious and if you think that buying two mice to end up with one is a good idea then voiding the warranty is the least of your problems.

Last edited:
Caporegime
And I am saying that I have made that choice to take the risk and if others make that choice then they too can end up with what is IMO a fantastic mouse much much better than either stock mouse.

And I didn't disagree with you.

I just pointed out that what you've done has likely voided the warranty on both mice which takes us back to where we started.

If you're going to suggest people carry out modifications then advise them of the risks in doing so.

Soldato
OP
And I didn't disagree with you.

I just pointed out that what you've done has likely voided the warranty on both mice which takes us back to where we started.

If you're going to suggest people carry out modifications then advise them of the risks in doing so.

Point taken and...

done and I have emailed Steelseries just to see if it really does void the warranty and you never know maybe they will make an all black Kana as a result :D

Back
Top Bottom