Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Life > General Discussion

Old 5th Jan 2012, 16:43   #121
Booner!
Sgarrista

I sent out over 1000 large consignments with them and had a very mixed service. Whilst the vast majority delivered over 1-4 working days, I still don't know what happened to the small quantity that went missing (25ish) and this dispatch was back in November.

Still not sure what to make of them.

|Fun = C6 Corvette, 6.0l V8 - GONE |
|Daily = 320d M Sport |
Booner! is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2012, 18:08   #122
Vonhelmet
Caporegime

I've ordered something from LegoShop and DHL have assigned the delivery to HDNL I placed the order on Monday and it allegedly shipped on Tuesday... I doubt I'll see it before next week.

Wife, children, roof over heads, food in bellies.
2015 cycling goals and progress
Vonhelmet is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2012, 18:26   #123
Calabi
Wise Guy

I ordered a Kindle from Amazon and these guys, never delivered it, no confirmation or anything it just disappeared without a trace. Amazon delivered another though, that did get delivered like the day after they confirmed they were going to be sending another one.
Calabi is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2012, 18:45   #124
khemist
Mobster

Delivered mail to a guy today and saw an Amazon package laying on the ground outside his door, soaked (must have been there all night).

Knocked his door and let him know it was laying there and he opened it infront me and it had an expensive looking book in it totally ruined... i was just glad it was from Yodel and not RM as he was slightly annoyed.

..GTX 980Ti|4790K|EVO 500GB|16GB HyperX|Define S|Custom Water.
khemist is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2012, 19:01   #125
Morgoth
Soldato

Was supposed to have a new printer delivered today by Yodel, I decided to check it had been loaded onto the van this morning when I discovered that it had been "delivered" yesterday. I hope whoever has it enjoys their free printer!

Q6600 3.78GHz | GTX 670 | Corsair HX650 | 4GB PC8500 | LT X48-T2R
Morgoth is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2012, 19:04   #126
Twentyone
Mobster

All I can say is put your work addresses as delivery address.
Then they can't leave it anywhere and the "no one present" excuse can't be used. Once at work we had a "company closed" at a delivery in a hospital Had to send a extra car out for that

Being on the other side of delivery companies I do feel for the drivers too. They have some ridiculous deadlines and often get delayed because a customer opening the door has a go at them for something the guy who tried to deliver before did. Or have a huge discussion on why he can't just drive by another address when it's on another route. As he can't just leave or hang up the phone then he just has to stand there until some sort of "agreement" is made. And people are stubborn...

Last edited by Twentyone; 19th Jan 2012 at 19:07.
Twentyone is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2012, 19:14   #127
Armadillo
Mobster

Got a monitor delivered by them them a few days ago. No problems again, came on day on was meant to, no issues .

Armadillo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2012, 19:41   #128
Pez
Mobster

Had a Kindle develop a fault. Called the rainforest who immediately sent a new one with Yodel - Who also collected the faulty one at the same time. Booked the job on Monday evening, collected Tuesday morning with no problems.

Can't complain
Pez is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2012, 20:29   #129
GTAMADDOG
Hitman

Still haven't had the delivery I ordered two weeks ago. I've emailed Yodel twice, but had no reply both times. Infact going by my tracking information I think what I ordered has probably been returned to the people I bought it off, if that's the case then I'm not bothered. I'll give Yodel a call soon to see what they've done with it.

I think I'll support a local business by going to a local motor-factors to get my brake pads instead, would've been a lot easier in the first place. Website I bought the pads off was fine, their customer service was fine, infact they even got Yodel to deliver again, but as I explained to them, I won't be at home at certain times, but they chose to ignore that. I'll steer well clear from anything that uses Yodel as a delivery service from now on, I've never had such a faff from any other delivery company before.

GTAMADDOG is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2012, 22:07   #130
memyselfandi
Soldato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyone View Post
All I can say is put your work addresses as delivery address.
Then they can't leave it anywhere and the "no one present" excuse can't be used. Once at work we had a "company closed" at a delivery in a hospital Had to send a extra car out for that
Ha ... I've had Yodel try and use the excuse that no one was in to take delivery when it was to our office, (we have the entire building and security man the reception 24/7 as access can be required at any time). Didn't go down well ... I don't bother with free next day deliver by them any more as they'd always deliver after I'd gone home anyway, and I'd get the package by RM 1st class quicker anyway ...

My delivery idiocy this week came courtesy of Royal Mail who were supposed to redeliver two packages on Tuesday but only delivered one ... fortunately they admitted that they just didn't send the other out and another delivery attempt has been scheduled (last time they tried to claim it was sent out and no one was in ... harder to do when you've had one successful delivery at the address that day ...)
memyselfandi is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2012, 22:26   #131
Barks
Mobster

From listening to an interview with the CEO or someone high up, they said that Yodel have been completely inundated with consignments and have been unable to get everything delivered. Something like 50,000 parcels a day were going undelivered. They turned up at my work place at 6.30 to deliver something a few weeks ago!
Barks is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 17:23   #132
WingZero30
Soldato

I bought a monitor from a competitor who is using Yodel as delivery service. I was expecting my item today. However this is the current status lol:

Quote:
Passed to courier for delivery. (VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE) 2nd Feb 2012 16:13

Consignee Cannot Be Reached (VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE) 2nd Feb 2012 16:03

Out for delivery (VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE) 2nd Feb 2012 07:42

Arrived At Depot (VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE) 2nd Feb 2012 04:15

Departed Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB) 1st Feb 2012 21:09

Arrived At Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB) 1st Feb 2012 21:07

Parcel Picked Up (CAPEL HENDRE SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Jan 2012 00:01

Parcel data received awaiting coll. (CAPEL HENDRE SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Jan 2012 00:00

Hmm I wonder why that is

WingZero30 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 18:28   #133
Jaymond
Capodecina

Used Yodel this week, faultless service, once again

Item collected Tuesday 3pm, arrived 12.45 Yerterday.

48 hour turn around, not bad for 7.80 inc vat.

I still don't know why theres so muss fuss and hatred about these guys
Last edited by Jaymond; 2nd Feb 2012 at 18:30.
Jaymond is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 18:38   #134
Cosimo
Man of Honour

Yodel delivered my O2 beer and pies without a hitch today.

Cosimo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 17:32   #135
Pav89
Wise Guy

RAGE!!!!

Parcel has been out for delivery all day and I've been waiting anxiously. Tracking states that no one was in and a card has been left. NOT TRUE!

Waited on the phone for 25 minutes. The guy said that the driver had trouble finding the house and he expected me to phone the delivery man and sort it out, not happy!

Phoned the delivery man. He said.. 'Oh yeah, I popped round and there was nobody in'

'Err, no you didn't, I've been waiting all day...'

'Ah ok well I'll be down in half an hour after I've had my tea...'

WTF. This company is a joke!

Київ, Львів - душа та серце України!
13" MBP 2010 2.4Ghz | XBL: oO Pav Oo
Last edited by Pav89; 6th Jun 2012 at 17:35.
Pav89 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 17:39   #136
mrbell1984
Capodecina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonhelmet View Post
Don't be a nob.
At least spell it right, it begins with a K

mrbell1984 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 17:41   #137
vicisthebest
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pav89 View Post

'Ah ok well I'll be down in half an hour after I've had my tea...'
And people say this company isn't full of consummate professionals...?!

vicisthebest is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 17:44   #138
Bennie-Mac
Capodecina

Not yodel related but i haven't seemed to have much luck with couriers recently. I ordered a jacket which was supposed to be delivered in 48hrs, yet it took them 7 working days and was delivered while I was on holiday (wanted the jacket for the holiday) that was through Hermes.

Now I'm waiting for a bbq which was supposed to be delivered today from Parcelforce, tracking says its been collected from the shop, processed and waiting at their depot to be delivered since Thursday, but they sent someone out to pick up the bbq again today, despite them already having it. Now my order status has changed to "order failed" because there was nothing for them to collect from the shop.

I'm now giving good odds on its delivery.

Lost evens
Will arrive tomorrow 999/1
Will arrive before or on Friday 998/1
Will arrive at some point next week 3/1

Last edited by Bennie-Mac; 6th Jun 2012 at 17:46.
Bennie-Mac is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 17:55   #139
Twentyone
Mobster

Are you tracking it via the site you purchased it from or Parcelforce?

It's not uncommon that shops/whatever say they have sent the item to the courier when they haven't. That way the couriers get the bad service and not the shops

Old 6th Jun 2012, 18:08   #140
MrKeeno
Wise Guy

Happens all the time. I was asked to scan a barcode as collected today by a local shop, it wasn't stuck to a box but the guy wanted it scanned so he could tell his customer he had sent it. I was told to pick it up tomorrow. I told him where to go

Intel Core i5 2500K 4.40GHz | Asus P8P67 PRO | Corsair XMS3 8GB | Corsair A50 CPU Cooler | ATI Radeon 6950 2048MB | BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 900W | HAF X Tower | Windows 7 64 bit
MrKeeno is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 18:11   #141
Bennie-Mac
Capodecina

It's on parcelforces own site so there's no dodgy goings on, just a massive derp from parcelforce

Old 6th Jun 2012, 18:52   #142
Twentyone
Mobster

Even so, for example if it's a big shop that would regularly have items picked up maybe even with a truck instead of a normal driver, the scans might not be a real one just a general one of everything collected. So the missing piece(es) wouldn't be noticed until they start sorting it at the depot.

Or it can even be that the shop placed your label over another persons shipment, or the driver did it. Or the shop sent the wrong item. The things that can happen...

Not saying Parceforce are saints or anything, I just feel like couriers get unnecessary flak a lot of the time

Old 6th Jun 2012, 19:27   #143
toon_mad
Mobster

Wasn't Yodel on Watchdog a few weeks back talking how rubbish there service was?

toon_mad is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 20:10   #144
hibernian1875
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by toon_mad View Post
Wasn't Yodel on Watchdog a few weeks back talking how rubbish there service was?
Was back in March from having a quick look, link

Also previously on it back in Nov 2010 under their old name, link

Z68A-GD65|+|2500K@4.5GHz|+|Khler 620|+|8GB XMS3
HAF-X|+|GTX 570 2.5GB|+|M4 128GB|+|2 x 2TB F4
Lepa 750W 80+|+|Dell UltraSharp 24"|+|Corsair HS1
hibernian1875 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 21:03   #145
Bennie-Mac
Capodecina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyone View Post
Even so, for example if it's a big shop that would regularly have items picked up maybe even with a truck instead of a normal driver, the scans might not be a real one just a general one of everything collected. So the missing piece(es) wouldn't be noticed until they start sorting it at the depot.

Or it can even be that the shop placed your label over another persons shipment, or the driver did it. Or the shop sent the wrong item. The things that can happen...

Not saying Parceforce are saints or anything, I just feel like couriers get unnecessary flak a lot of the time
Well I've just checked it again and its gone from "order failed" back to "in progress" and apparently the bbq is now at the main hub. It could actually be a case of something you have described above as it now seems back on track. I'm sure their system is smart enough not to send a driver back round for something that's already been processed and in their possession. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Old 20th Jun 2012, 13:24   #146
PiKe
Capodecina

Ordered a pick-up by Yodel from Parcels2go but two seperate Yodel guys came round, now Parcels2go don't know where the parcel is.

They don't even believe it's been collected even though I have a collection reference.

Fantastic.

Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 (rev 2.0) Intel i5 2500k Xigmatek Gaia Sharkoon 120mm Case Fans 8GB Crucial Ballastix DDR3 PC3-10600 ASUS EAH5850 Crucial M4 128GB WD20EARX Cooler Master RealPower 520w Pioneer DVR-219L all in a Lian Li PC-7B Plus
PiKe is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jun 2012, 13:37   #147
smoove
Soldato

Absolute cack the lot of them tbh.
smoove is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2012, 14:55   #148
EddScott
Soldato

Had a delivery made by the local Yodel lad. Turns out its the wifes cousin. He recognised the name and address and all was cool.

Had to arrange for a package to be returned to the rain forest. They chose Yodel for pick up. Arranged on the 18th for collection on the 20th and its still here. Called the cousin and he hasn't had instruction for collection. Can't speak to Yodel so used online chat with Amazon who have arranged City Link to pick up tomorrow but can't say how much more its going to cost me. To be fair it really shouldn't cost me any more than what Yodel would have (4) as its not me that chose to use Yodel.

EddScott is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2012, 15:16   #149
Pestilence
Capodecina

City Link did a good one the other day with us -- about 500 worth of stock and other materials left in the "safe place" that is the "side of the house" -- ie. sandwiched between my car and the garage, clearly visible and easily reachable to anyone walking past.

Considering how dodgy the neighbourhood is (we had to stop River Nene veg deliveries as the local chav scum decided to chuck them all over the road when they saw them behind the bins), and the fact that I was working in London that day and we didn't get back to the house until 7.30 in the evening it was extremely surprising that nothing was either missing or vandalised.

Please read the FAQ regarding signature sizes
Pestilence is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2012, 18:10   #150
Tobes
Soldato

I want somewhere to vent so this seems like a good place.

I was expecting a delivery for my mobile on Wednesday. Was watching the tracking site all day and at 8pm I get a text from the mobile company saying it should be with me before 9pm. Well I keep checking the tracking site and at 10pm it tells me that at 9pm an attempted delivery was made and a card left. Well with 4 people in the house, a doorbell and a working door which you can always try knocking on I know this was not the case.

So rang them the next morning asking what's up. He said the driver might not of been able to find the house (if Google Maps can then I think the driver should be able to). The package should be with me today. So this is the second day I am taking off work now. 5pm comes and I ring them again. She gives me the mobile number of the driver. I ring him up and sure enough he tried to find my house but couldn't and tried to find it again today. It's really not hard people, you could always ring up your depot and ask them for help. He told me he wouldn't be able to deliver it today as he is in Roche. "Will someone be in tomorrow morning?"

So what's the problem?

Phoned them up again to tell them this and they say there is nothing they can do about it. Ask to speak to the complaints department and she tells me I will have to email them (done) or write to them.

I'm trying to put my feet in the drivers shoes, but then the only explanation I can come up with is if I put my feet in the drivers shoes, sniff a whole bunch of cleaning products, smash my head with a brick and to have a learning disability. Then, maybe then might I not be able to find a house for a second day.

Yodel you are a very terrible company.

Steam :::
Last edited by Tobes; 21st Jun 2012 at 18:15.
Tobes is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote