Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Games > PC Games

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jun 2012, 08:07   #12961
Archy
Wise Guy

Well I got the Infernal Whimsyshire staff built up last night after a few AH sales. As expected however, champion packs in there hit like a truck and are pretty much impossible at my gear levels! Back to progressing through Act 2 and the odd farm run of Act 1 for now it seems!
Archy is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 08:09   #12962
flibby
Sgarrista

Quote:
Originally Posted by apatia77 View Post
I bought some 3 items which gave me 45 I think attack speed just for testing, this improved me dps by a very low margin, is it mainly attack speed you need to stack to get to some ridicules dps figures or do you stack more attributes? If it's attack speed only then how much do you need?
Gear: http://i46.tinypic.com/nb9mpu.jpg

Only one ring on it, other is near identical. Can't just straight up stack Attack Speed, you need Crit and Crit Damage. Attack Speed will only get you so far and unless you're making a lot of use of the extra speed you are just inflating your DPS figure for the sake of it. Don't sacrifice Int to get Attack Speed.

Check out this post on the official forums. It has a spreadsheet linked that is a calculator for a Wizard. You can enter your stats and then check the Auction House for stuff. Just put your current item in the item comparison part and put the new one in and it'll tell you how much DPS you're gaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brok View Post
Prowlers have movement speed which is unique in that slot, hence their popularity. Well rolled prowlers can have crit chance and high base stat as well but will cost you an awful lot of gold!
Yeah mine only have movement speed and 50 Int. If I could get some with crit they'd be better for sure.

Steam: Teaf / Battle.net: Diablo / Overwatch
flibby is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 09:50   #12963
Berger
Sgarrista

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibby View Post
Nightmare Mode down, level 51 still, increased DPS to around 3500 though.

Beat Diablo down pretty easily, just dodge his caging attack and the fire breath on his third and final stage, and lay the smack down.
Berger is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 09:56   #12964
iamtheoneneo
Sgarrista

Whilst I was running act 4 first boss last night on hell ( which everyone seems to now be doing ) the amount of level 52s I saw was mental - no wonder people are struggling if there so low down on levels and as a result gear or their area!

Still trying to beat Diablo on hell, just need to find a decent group

iamtheoneneo is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 09:57   #12965
Berger
Sgarrista

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheoneneo View Post
Whilst I was running act 4 first boss last night on hell ( which everyone seems to now be doing ) the amount of level 52s I saw was mental - no wonder people are struggling if there so low down on levels and as a result gear or their area!

Still trying to beat Diablo on hell, just need to find a decent group
I ran him a few times at level 50 to get me up to 51, easy 26k exp on NM mode, 60k a time on hell isn't it?
Old 5th Jun 2012, 10:06   #12966
Lithon
Hitman

Am I right in thinking that ~30-40K DPS without any bonus passives or buffs is what to expect at end game with roughly the best items on the market? Seen some crazy stats like 200k+, but I imagine that's with buffs and passives.
Lithon is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 10:16   #12967
kmax86
Wise Guy

My first legendaries drop within 2 minutes from each other.
One from a normal chest and a torture rack. Have to say Im very disappointed. When i saw an orange item I was on the moon but when I identify it was meh
kmax86 is online now   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 10:31   #12968
Roadkillv1
Hitman

not bad if you wanna make a goldfarming set...for some reason
Roadkillv1 is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 10:32   #12969
starmanwarz
Wise Guy

It's a shame that most legendaries are so weak.Hopefully Blizzard will buff them in the next patch.

4770k@4.6|EVGA 780 Classified|Gigabyte UD4H|Noctua D14|Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB|X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro|Seasonic G-650|CM Storm QF TK|Zowie FK1
starmanwarz is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 10:34   #12970
Gackt
Soldato

Gear upgrades are now getting significantly more expensive. I'm at around 112k damage and trying to find upgrades that are below 2m are kinda difficult.

Quote:
Somebody has to make the tough choices that get people killed. I guess that somebody is you.
Gackt is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 10:35   #12971
King Damager
Capodecina

Legendaries will disappoint a lot of the time, but it shouldn't stop you getting excited about them dropping. My two are **** and I still can't wait for more....

I got my first ever recipe yesterday. A Exalted Sovereign Mail. Apart from being basically the worst chest recipe which bugged me slightly, I got the exact same recipe about two hours later...

Could have at least given me a better recipe the second time -.-

kd

King Damager is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 10:53   #12972
orderoftheflame
Capodecina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmax86 View Post
My first legendaries drop within 2 minutes from each other.
One from a normal chest and a torture rack. Have to say Im very disappointed. When i saw an orange item I was on the moon but when I identify it was meh
Quote:
One could withstand the fires of Hell itself wearing armor such as this.
Quote:
+24 Fire Resistance
I'd get trading standards to have a look at that.

orderoftheflame is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 10:57   #12973
kmax86
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Damager View Post
I got my first ever recipe yesterday. A Exalted Sovereign Mail. Apart from being basically the worst chest recipe which bugged me slightly, I got the exact same recipe about two hours later...

Could have at least given me a better recipe the second time -.-

kd
I have that recipe as well plus 2x helm versions. I just left them on the stash as upgrading the blacksmith to make use of them seems a waste at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by orderoftheflame View Post
I'd get trading standards to have a look at that.
haha it if was +100 fire resist the description would fit nicely
kmax86 is online now   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 10:58   #12974
PikeyPriest
Hitman

Anyone got advice for what im doing wrong?

I got to the end of act 3 nm playing on my own without too much hassle, but now im getting constantly raped by elite packs (heart of sin area). As soon as they are fast & vortexing with heavy hits, i die in <1s even with 13k hp (lvl 48 DH). All the other enemies go down in 1-2 hits, but the elites are harder than the act bosses IMO.

I've bought new items from AH, tried farming earlier parts of act 3 (which seem to give hardly any XP), but it's not helping me get past these areas.

Anything else I should be doing?
PikeyPriest is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:13   #12975
Brok
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archy View Post
Well I got the Infernal Whimsyshire staff built up last night after a few AH sales. As expected however, champion packs in there hit like a truck and are pretty much impossible at my gear levels! Back to progressing through Act 2 and the odd farm run of Act 1 for now it seems!
What class?
Brok is online now   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:14   #12976
Brok
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeyPriest View Post

I got to the end of act 3 nm playing on my own without too much hassle, but now im getting constantly raped by elite packs (heart of sin area). As soon as they are fast & vortexing with heavy hits, i die in <1s even with 13k hp (lvl 48 DH). All the other enemies go down in 1-2 hits, but the elites are harder than the act bosses IMO.

I've bought new items from AH, tried farming earlier parts of act 3 (which seem to give hardly any XP), but it's not helping me get past these areas.

SS+Vault+Tactical advantage - distance is what keeps you alive.

Also youtube for stutter stepping videos.
Brok is online now   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:22   #12977
arekgreenman888
Registered

Apparenlty Kungen died few times while attempting at hardcore inferno. Only one alive is still Kripperian and I think Athene but am not sure.

∞∞∞∞ Epicfirsts888 - doing fun firsts on global scale ∞∞∞∞
arekgreenman888 is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:32   #12978
Astaeri
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arekgreenman888 View Post
Apparenlty Kungen died few times while attempting at hardcore inferno. Only one alive is still Kripperian and I think Athene but am not sure.
Kungen's barb died because he stupidly alt+tabbed to change stream settings whilst in fire. His monk died because he got lag issues due to his ISP.

Kripp also had a barb which died due to lag.

Quote:

Link me your skill tree using http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter
and what's your current dps?
Astaeri is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:33   #12979
Apok
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arekgreenman888 View Post
I think he lost his barb through being silly - thought he stood somewhere safe after a champ pack but didn't realise he was getting damaged by desecration or swomething

Died on his monk yesterday due to a dc.

Poster above is a wizard
Apok is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:38   #12980
apatia77
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibby View Post
Gear: http://i46.tinypic.com/nb9mpu.jpg

Only one ring on it, other is near identical. Can't just straight up stack Attack Speed, you need Crit and Crit Damage. Attack Speed will only get you so far and unless you're making a lot of use of the extra speed you are just inflating your DPS figure for the sake of it. Don't sacrifice Int to get Attack Speed.

Check out this post on the official forums. It has a spreadsheet linked that is a calculator for a Wizard. You can enter your stats and then check the Auction House for stuff. Just put your current item in the item comparison part and put the new one in and it'll tell you how much DPS you're gaining.

Yeah mine only have movement speed and 50 Int. If I could get some with crit they'd be better for sure.

Thanks for the help.

I suppose you have act 3-4 on farm with this gear?

PSN - apatia7
apatia77 is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:38   #12981
arekgreenman888
Registered

That makes only Athene alive on first try?

∞∞∞∞ Epicfirsts888 - doing fun firsts on global scale ∞∞∞∞
arekgreenman888 is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:40   #12982
Berger
Sgarrista

Quote:

Run around!

Try and draw them one by one or if not concentrate all your attacks on one of the group, once you have killed one it makes it a lot easier.

Illusionist & Arcane and Extra Health is the worst!
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:41   #12983
Kippered
Gangster

Anyone got a decent idea of resistances needed to progress through Act 2 inferno as barb?

I managed Act 1 with none, just stacked vit & str, sword n board. Had about 65k hp and 10k dps. Wasn't to bad....Act 2 was a diff story, i crawled my way to Magda and had to kite to kill. Gave up after that as it was clear i was undergeared.

Now im sitting on around 250 resist all (300-400 with warcry), 50k hp, 11k dps and can cruise Act 1 champs DW'ing. Just curious if I'll still get my arse handed to me in act 2 with those resists. I should really just wait until i get home to find out but heh....saves me wasting time dying tonight if anyone knows.

Kippered is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:42   #12984
GraveYard
Wise Guy

well after the whole hacking situation ive finally got my gold and gear back...
GraveYard is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:46   #12985
flibby
Sgarrista

Quote:
Originally Posted by apatia77 View Post
Thanks for the help.

I suppose you have act 3-4 on farm with this gear?
Act 3 on farm, Act 4 is "ok", but some mobs just make not worthwhile to do (looking at you Oppressor).

Steam: Teaf / Battle.net: Diablo / Overwatch
flibby is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:50   #12986
Archy
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippered View Post
Anyone got a decent idea of resistances needed to progress through Act 2 inferno as barb?

I managed Act 1 with none, just stacked vit & str, sword n board. Had about 65k hp and 10k dps. Wasn't to bad....Act 2 was a diff story, i crawled my way to Magda and had to kite to kill. Gave up after that as it was clear i was undergeared.

Now im sitting on around 250 resist all (300-400 with warcry), 50k hp, 11k dps and can cruise Act 1 champs DW'ing. Just curious if I'll still get my arse handed to me in act 2 with those resists. I should really just wait until i get home to find out but heh....saves me wasting time dying tonight if anyone knows.
Resists for act 2 should be around 600/700+ at least with warcry. My barb is sitting at 750ish resist, 40k hp and 10k dps - still feels squishy but its doable in Act 2. Act 3 is a different story! Have rolled WD anyway as one of my mates plays a Barb now so didnt want 2 in same group!
Last edited by Archy; 5th Jun 2012 at 14:58.
Archy is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:51   #12987
Slinkie
Wise Guy

Hi all,

Currently playing DH in act 2 hell. I am level 54 and am starting to think a bit more about my build. I use the following with a 2h bow and quiver. Traps and vault are lifesavers, I know a lot of people use smoke screen but I never know how to use it best. It doesn't seem to last long enough to make a getaway!

Fan of knives comes in handy in act 4 and when surrounded by enemies and multishot is always good for clearing groups.

Can you let me know where your builds differ and why? I have never used a turret or companion so not sure to include them and have stuck with entangling shot since normal!

Also, is there any reason to change my passive skills?

Slinkie is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:52   #12988
Hastarius
Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveYard View Post
well after the whole hacking situation ive finally got my gold and gear back...
That's good to hear. Any clue how it happened?

Hastarius is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:53   #12989
churchhawk
Hitman

Anyone getting disconnects today? Just been disconnected 3 times now
churchhawk is offline   View trust for
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:54   #12990
orderoftheflame
Capodecina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifröst View Post
That's good to hear. Any clue how it happened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottJames View Post
First person to quote me gets 500k

orderoftheflame is offline   View trust for
Closed Thread