Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Life > General Discussion

Old 26th Jun 2012, 23:12   #1
haaammit
Mobster

CRB check - what does it show?

I have to have an enhanced CRB check. What will it show up? I've not #really# been in bother with the police here, but had a small issue abroad a while ago.

What stuff shows up?

Cheers

Sliced bread - the best thing since ripped up bread.

Last edited by haaammit; 26th Oct 1985 at 01:22.
haaammit is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2012, 23:16   #2
Fenris
Sgarrista

An enhanced CRB shows pretty much everything related to your criminal record.

Generally unimpressed.
Fenris is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2012, 23:19   #3
Moses
Capodecina

Quote:
Standard CRB checks will contain details of all spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings from the Police National Computer (PNC).

The enhanced CRB check will include any information from the PNC and may also search:

* information held by local police forces
* lists of people barred from working with children and vulnerable adults which are kept by the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA)
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/employme...wjob/dg_195809
Moses is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2012, 23:27   #4
haaammit
Mobster

OK - I 'found' (Me and a mate set them on fire but the policeman turned up whilst we were watching the aftermath - we said we found it like it :/) some outbuildings on fire - a policeman took our names and address details, but we never heard anything more about it - will that show?

I got arrested in Germany for shoplifting. When the Police searched me, they also found a load of car badges/emblems that I had taken. I never heard any more regarding either of these offences.

Both of the above happened about 20 years ago if that makes any difference? Thanks.

Old 26th Jun 2012, 23:30   #5
Drake5
Capodecina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quink View Post
OK - I 'found' (Me and a mate set them on fire but the policeman turned up whilst we were watching the aftermath - we said we found it like it :/) some outbuildings on fire - a policeman took our names and address details, but we never heard anything more about it - will that show?

I got arrested in Germany for shoplifting. When the Police searched me, they also found a load of car badges/emblems that I had taken. I never heard any more regarding either of these offences.

Both of the above happened about 20 years ago if that makes any difference? Thanks.
Drake5 is online now   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2012, 23:37   #6
haaammit
Mobster

^^ balls - does that mean those things will show on my enhanced CRB? Bugger.

Old 26th Jun 2012, 23:40   #7
Blue160
Wise Guy

If the foreign police took it no further they may not have informed the UK police, in which case you'd be ok. If they did inform UK police it'll definitely show up.

Blue160 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2012, 23:49   #8
haaammit
Mobster

Regardless of what happens, can I get a copy of the CRB check?

Old 26th Jun 2012, 23:50   #9
Blue160
Wise Guy

I have to do enhanced CRB's for two places I work, and I always get a copy.

Old 26th Jun 2012, 23:59   #10
haaammit
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue160 View Post
I have to do enhanced CRB's for two places I work, and I always get a copy.
OK - many thanks

Old 27th Jun 2012, 00:00   #11
Blue160
Wise Guy

No worries

Good luck.

Old 27th Jun 2012, 00:07   #12
Moses
Capodecina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quink View Post

The former could, I suppose. I don't really know, though. The best thing to do is to ask the police, tbh.
Moses is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 07:27   #13
arknor
Caporegime

i doubt either of those will show up.

cautions , conditional discharges etc wont show up on a standard but will an enhanced.
doesnt sound like you have had either of those in this country so your file is probably empty

whats the job anyway? i was under the impression companies are only allowed to do a standard one unless your working with kids , security etc

arknor is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 08:26   #14
Von Smallhausen
Don

The German incident will not show up on a standard CRB check but I'm not sure about an enhanced.

Von Smallhausen is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 08:31   #15
Pawnless Endgame
Sgarrista

Quote:
Originally Posted by arknor View Post
whats the job anyway? i was under the impression companies are only allowed to do a standard one unless your working with kids , security etc
I work with vulnerable adults, and even though it's only over the phone, I still had to have an enhanced taken.

Pawnless Endgame is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 08:35   #16
iamtheoneneo
Sgarrista

germany will show the other wont - though were you formally charged? I feel like your only telling half the story.

it was 20 years ago **** happens - as long as your not like that now its all cool but you will have to explain it to your employer should you have the job. providing your telling the truth now that is.

iamtheoneneo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 09:29   #17
MeEsH BaKkA
Mobster

When I had my ECRB it had all the stuff from when I was a young I.e <17 they won't tell your employer what you have on your record but they will inform your employer that it has been flagged providing its something minor and expect a meeting with HR if you suspect something might show.

I'm ECRB cleared and can work in schools and govt buildings and I have assault, criminal damage and obstruction on my record from when I was about 15/16. Providing you have nothing serious or recent (will straight up fail the crb) and can show you are not a risk then your employer should be fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Williams View Post
they found I was a retard...
MeEsH BaKkA is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 09:35   #18
Burnsy2023
Man of Honour

What was the outcome of the shoplifting incident?

Burnsy2023 [at] ocukdons [dot] co [dot] uk
Burnsy2023 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 09:42   #19
Tunney
Capodecina

ECRB means the police contact Tefal and he digs up dirt on the person. Posting your crimes on here probably wasn't the best idea.

Tunney is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 09:48   #20
HAz
Capodecina

yOU NAUGHT BOY.

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, i5 3570K ivy @ 4.8GHZ, 16GB Corsair Ballistic 1600, Msi 980 ti, 2x m4 128gb, custom water cooled, 2meg ATTH (aluminium to the home)
HAz is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 09:59   #21
wilber
Wise Guy

I had a caution for assault when i was 18. I was told by the police i would not have to mention this to an employer.

However i had to have an enhanced CRB check and it was flagged (also didn't receive a copy of the CRB check). Personnel asked me why i had not mentioned it, told the truth of it and it was fine.

I really would not worry about it, unless you are charged/cautioned it wont flag up. Iv had my details taken numerous times, plus with what you said happening so long ago i would not worry about it damaging the chances of employment.

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.6 GHz Asrock Z68 Extreme4
Crucial M4 128GB // Antec P280 Gun Metal Black
Noctua NH-D14 // Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 16GB
GTX 970 // XFX 850W XXX Edition Modular
wilber is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 10:01   #22
anything I don't mind
PermaBanned

That time when you were caught running around the public park showing off your junk. That will come up...
anything I don't mind is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 10:07   #23
jas72
Sgarrista

Had to do one for the scouts camp I was going on with my kid but since I'm as good as gold I had no worries. I got a copy though.

Dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen.
jas72 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 10:25   #24
Gilbert89
Wise Guy

A Mankini..

Sigs are bad for you.
Gilbert89 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 13:10   #25
haaammit
Mobster

It's working with pre-school children, so hence the enhanced check.

The fire incident, thinking back on it, was more like 23 years ago - I must have been about 13 years old or so. The bobby just noted down our names and addresses in his pocket book. We helped him stamp out the last few flames and he told us to be on our way!

Germany happened 20 years or so ago. Like I said - I was detained in a shop for shoplifting. The police were called and searched me. They also found a load of car badges I'd been nicking too. They took my name and address details down of the place I was staying at in Germany and also my home address. I got a latter several months later saying (it was in German - I did my best to translate it myself - I wasn't going to ask my parents to do it ) and from what I could work out the police said that the shop did not want to press charges (or words to that effect) and that the police were not going to investigate the theft of the badges any more. I can't remember if it said anything about reporting the matter to the UK police. I was 15 or so at the time.

I've not been in any bother since Germany though.

Old 27th Jun 2012, 15:01   #26
Diesel
Wise Guy

The fire one isn't going to show, I've had my name taken when I was that age for simply playing football in the wrong place, you get the feeling they just write your name and address down for effect.
Diesel is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 15:09   #27
tamzzy
Mobster

for the enhanced disclosure, they'll look at
police records of convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings
information from the list held under section 142 of the education act 2002
isa children's barred list
isa vulnerable adults' barred list
other relevant information disclosed at the chief police officers discretion (whatever that means)
tamzzy is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 15:52   #28
-BA-
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeEsH BaKkA View Post
When I had my ECRB it had all the stuff from when I was a young I.e <17 they won't tell your employer what you have on your record but they will inform your employer that it has been flagged providing its something minor and expect a meeting with HR if you suspect something might show.

I'm ECRB cleared and can work in schools and govt buildings and I have assault, criminal damage and obstruction on my record from when I was about 15/16. Providing you have nothing serious or recent (will straight up fail the crb) and can show you are not a risk then your employer should be fine
It is worth noting that violence related crimes, no matter how minor, can often bar you from working with vulnerable people but it does rather depend on the company. Also once you get your copy back you will know for sure what does and doesn't need to be declared.

A former colleague had a client who declared some quite serious offences but overlooked a comparatively minor one. However when her ECRB came back showing the minor one she had forgotten to mention she was instantly dismissed because she had 'technically' lied on her application and they were left with no option but to dismiss.

www.apextrust.com can sometimes be of use too.

i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz * ASRock Z68 Extreme 7 * 16GB Kingston HyperX Grey * Sapphire HD 6970 2GB * Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 HD * Corsair AX860 Modular PSU * 2 x 128GB & 1 x 512GB Crucial M4 * Dell 2407WFP 24" * Antec Kühler 920
-BA- is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 16:42   #29
lomez
PermaBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BA- View Post
It is worth noting that violence related crimes, no matter how minor, can often bar you from working with vulnerable people but it does rather depend on the company. Also once you get your copy back you will know for sure what does and doesn't need to be declared.

A former colleague had a client who declared some quite serious offences but overlooked a comparatively minor one. However when her ECRB came back showing the minor one she had forgotten to mention she was instantly dismissed because she had 'technically' lied on her application and they were left with no option but to dismiss.

www.apextrust.com can sometimes be of use too.
This, I worked as a Volunteer Youth worker for quite some time and had to go to several meetings with managers regarding a Drunk and Disorderly Caution received in 1997 you then are expected to explain all your cautions which isnt a nice experience at all. In the end I was deemed okay to work with young/vulnerable people. Moral is if you have anything on their tell the future employer they will find out anyways also be prepared to have to explain them all.
lomez is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote