GTR or Spec R or Type R?

Man of Honour
Not everyone can drive, hence your comment is rubbish lol

You can't say you can keep up with Car X because of how good Car Y is if the driver was rubbish though, thats just daft. It's like me claiming I can leave an SLK55 AMG for dead because a few weeks ago I was stuck behind one for a while before overtaking it..

Man of Honour
I had a run in with a Seat Leon on my way to Fighting Torque in 2007, turns out we were both going to the same place but on the road it was bloody quick, but then it should be because it was in excess of 300bhp and very nicely sorted. We did a bit of follow the leader and in traffic there was little in it really, but then I wasn't pushing it really hard, no need to prove anything so it was little more than a couple of touches of throttle, hardly a really competitive analysis.

When we got to the event however I did open the taps properly and the performance gap was shown and this was a bloody lovely little thing, bright yellow, really nicely done, high quality build and I suspect closer to 400bhp than 300bhp and it was very light, but no match for my GT3. Now the reality is he was quicker than a CSL there by a small amount but then he was certainly much lighter and I suspect not far off the same power, perhaps more. The test was a standing start 3/4 mile run so a good test of performance and I was crossing the line at circa 160mph.

I don't care how much you protest about the epic performance and the arse handing you have dealt, to suggest your car could slay M3's and (proper) Evo's with the statistics you are sprouting is ludicrous but also typical of people who long for the big toy but have to make do with the small toy, feel left out even. I know how well a quick hot hatch can go, I've had a few and in most situations there would be little in it but that is down to road conditions and driver much more than the cars performance. If your only 'evidence' is a race down to Maccy D's then I think we can park its value right there. If you have some nice videos (on track) or some statistics from a timed session then I'll listen, but if not it's just a bloke with a chipped hatch trying to big up his motor, something we've all done at some point in our life.

None of these cars would come close to my Mini 1000 with Peco twin pipes, FACT!

Soldato
This thread is Hilar!

Got blown away by an ibiza today, just down understand how this could be.

I thought the S-Line kit was meant to make my 140 A4 faster??

Soldato
Lap it up n00bs, fact is it happened as Jewish will confirm.

I can well believe it, a DS3 nailed me yesterday.

My DC2 has no passenger Recaro or any interior, but he still got me. I still can't fathom how. I was calmly sitting behind an Agila 1.2 at 30mph and he flew past in the 2nd lane :confused::confused::confused:

The Agila then nailed me when I moved into the 2nd lane and came off the roundabout.......... Mr annoyed bald man in a crappy car thinks I was trying to overtake and proceeds to fly past at 50+ and over the next roundabout nearly losing it, whilst I complete my turn right :D

From the above situations I can only deduce that the DC2 is all hype, with a DS3 and Agila being far superior!

Soldato
I absolutely adore the Nissan Skyline GTR models. However, I couldn't have one as a daily as I'd hate even getting a little stone chip on it.

Be a man, buy the ultimate Nissan Pulsar GTR. It has the same engine as the Silvia IIRC SR20DET. Scary car.

Caporegime
The only thing that lets the 15 down over the gtr is the pathetic brakes that come standard, theres a guy called dan who owns a buisness on sxoc who works with 200sx brakes and offers a good selection of upgrades depending on your budget.

I thought the brakes on the S14/15 were the same as the GTR with the only difference being that the GTR's calipers were aluminium and the Silvia's cast iron. This is a common upgrade for my car and general gist of it is that they are the same. It is just some sets are lighter. S14a being cast iron with the likes of 300zx (Not all) and GTR (R33 GTST too) getting aluminium ones.

Man of Honour
lol, I know it's a measurement of torque, I'm just curious how it's of relevance

I love statistics, I believe there is something called a 'Spreadsheet' and you can FILL those with numbers and even produce charts AND graphs (are they the same?....meh) and I've seen torque mentioned on one of those, usually alongside something called 'diesel' or 'turning powers'. I suspect if you add 35 of them it takes you to a whole new level of epic, like adding a sidewinder to a go kart....which I feel I need to do one day soon.

Man of Honour
lol, I know it's a measurement of torque, I'm just curious how it's of relevance

well, it has 35lb per sq foot of torque MORE than the other car he compared it to*, thats how its relevant :p

*ive not read the thread ive no idea what he compared it to :)

Caporegime
Not everyone can drive, hence your comment is rubbish lol

This is actually a very good point, I thank you for making it. One of my cousins is a toddler and she is not able to drive yet.

Are you sure you 'had' an Evo and not just a Lancer? I am quite intrigued because you don't even know the difference between PCD and offset so are you sure you're not mixing up Evolution X with Lancer GS2?

Last edited:
Soldato
This is actually a very good point, I thank you for making it. One of my cousins is a toddler and she is not able to drive yet.

Bah dum tish :o

Are you sure you 'had' an Evo and not just a Lancer? I am quite intrigued because you don't even know the difference between PCD and offset so are you sure you're not mixing up Evolution X with Lancer GS2?

Yes it was an Evo, and of course I know the difference between pcd and offset, I also know the difference between banter and being rude, unlike you it would seem?

Back
Top Bottom