Phanteks PH-TC14PE vs Carbide 300R

Associate
Has anyone installed a Phanteks PH-TC14PE into a Corsair Carbide 300R Case?

After checking the specs the case is 204mm wide and the cooler is 171mm tall with fans installed so gives me 30mm roughly for the mobo/risers/rear cable tray? Its going to be tight

Failing that is the PH-TC14CS any good? After a google search it looks like mixed reviews???

Soldato
No clearance problems if your have low profile RAM.

PH-TC14PE fits in Fractal Design R2 using Crucial Ballistix Sport RAM. I lowered the fans down a little on radiator.. which actually helps cool motherboard chips around CPU. Front fan fits over RAM no problem. Fractal Design R2/R3 spec says space for CPU coolers with height of maximum circa 165mm. Carbide 300R spec says 170mm

Crucial Ballistix Sport RAM is 30mm tall.

Last edited:
Soldato
You'll be fine. I've installed a Thermalright TS140 in one and that fits in without issues. The Phanteks heatsink is shorter and it's only the fans that extend its height so you can always just move the fan so they don't stand as tall. Just make sure you have low profile memory as Doyll has suggested.

The PH-TC14CS isn't worth it and isn't in the same league as the PH-TC14PE.

Soldato
Then you should be fine. Even if you only ran the middle fan it would only be 1c warmer. ;)

TS140 will not fit in R2/R3 case as it is about 5mm too tall.. taller than Phanteks for sure.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Do the clips allow you to mount other fans to the heat sink? SP120's? Im using Corsair fans throughout the case and would like to be able to continue that through the CPU cooler? The 140 Phanteks would be used as intakes so they dont go to waste

Soldato
It can be done. The spring clips will work but the clip pins won't be long enough. You can make some using zip-ties
inthefan.jpg

Soldato
I use that Cooler, and i chose not to use the fans that come with it as they are a little too tall for my case ( Lancool K-62)...So I use two ( with the clips that come with the cooler ) Xigmatek Crystal 120mm LED Fan...and the temps are actually better

Soldato
I use that Cooler, and i chose not to use the fans that come with it as they are a little too tall for my case ( Lancool K-62)...So I use two ( with the clips that come with the cooler ) Xigmatek Crystal 120mm LED Fan...and the temps are actually better
How do you know the fans you are using are better if the stock fans were too tall to fit? :confused:

Soldato
Thanks.
How much difference did you find? Idle temp and load temps?

As my sig shows I'm using TY-143 fans now and TY-140 before that. TY-143 perform the same as my fans never get above 1100rpm anyway. ;)

Soldato
ok well right now i have an idle temp of 25c....and under load? hmm well the only load I've been putting it under of late is by playing Ghost Soldier and getting about 34c....dunno if Black Ops 2 will put it under more load....but I'll find out later :)

i think the fans are running at about 550 rpm ..i think :)

Soldato
Pretty much like mine than... 660rpm is about as low as they want to go. When rendering at steady 100% CPU 50c @ 1050rpm is normal.. unplug cooler fans and 70c max. after about 30 minutes at 100% CPU. :)

Maybe I should OC but don't know anything about how to do it so probably won't bother.. and it's still plenty fast for my needs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom