• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 3 test: GPU and CPU benchmarks with DX11

Soldato
Looks very demanding. About 35 fps on either a 7970 or a 680 at 1080p with 4xMSAA. About 15-20 fps better off without AA. Will need to wait and see what the image quality is like. Can't see very many playing this maxed out with any level of AA.

Soldato
May "run" the final version of the Shooters liquid, the experience of recent years, but talk about it. All in all, Far Cry 3 does indeed look quite good, the hardware is hunger in the review version available is simply too high given the necessary optics.

My thoughts exactly :D

What would we do without google translate?

Soldato
I'm perversely pleased. Been looking for a reason to ease the conscience/ justify going SLI GTX 670's and this could be it. It takes me back to the original Far Cry which was a total graphics card killer.

Unless it's just badly coded ;)

Soldato
I'd be willing to put money on that it's abysmally 'optimised' for the PC. From that videos it looks pretty much identical to the console version and apparently it runs like a dog.

Not impressed.

Soldato
Maybe My eyes are just far worse than I thought, but to me it looks rather good.

I though FC2 looked really good, and I don't imagine this will be a step in the wrong direction. Looks-wise at least.

Mind you, gameplay-wise, it would be hard for them to take a step in the wrong direction, while I loved the game world in FC2, I do agree with the majority that there were some boggling design decisions, such as the malaria, constantly respawning checkpoints, etc.

Am looking forward to giving this one a chance. I am sure I will get many hours fun out of it regardless, as I just love wandering around jungle environments.

Soldato
Take a look at the 2500k graph, its running stock speeds.. I bet theres some more performance to be squished outta that puppy. Also in the same graph look at the performance between the 7870 and the 7950. Almost identical which to me atleast indicates a cpu bottleneck to some degree.

Soldato
It's to good to game developers are finally making use of the extra threads on modern day CPU's as there's some nice scaling going from a traditional dual to to a quad core processor in this game.

^^What he said. We need games to push the limits of our hardware(as long as it is because of demand and not poor optimization) else we might as well be stuck with the same hardware for ages and where is the fun in that for us geeks? And for those who doesn't care well they can just set the settings a bit lower and enjoy on their older hardware. Everyone wins..

Soldato
You think so? I think it looks really nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBjnx9I-YrQ

I think its safe to say that they are using a controller and not Keyboard + mice and are most likely also using a console version to show. But if this is how the console looks and that's DX9 if im not mistaken then I cannot wait to se all the glory they put into to proper DX11 on the PC.. Im very thrilled

Associate
I have got this on order and cant wait to play it. I should be able to run this at a decent level using my graphic cards @ 1440.

Associate
I think its safe to say that they are using a controller and not Keyboard + mice and are most likely also using a console version to show. But if this is how the console looks and that's DX9 if im not mistaken then I cannot wait to se all the glory they put into to proper DX11 on the PC.. Im very thrilled

I'm almost 100% sure that's not console. No existing console can do that. I think they're using the PC version but with an Xbox controller.

Back
Top Bottom