creative z card

Soldato
Pleased to say that after 2 weeks I'm still loving the Creative Z.

Even though I'm using some cheap Sennheiser HD201 headphones, I'm finding the sound lovely and 'warm'. I just add a little bit of the 'Crystalizer' and it's spot on for me when playing music.

I've had budget £40 headphones and a Xonar DG but, when on a budget, I much prefer the better and more expensive sound card paired with cheaper headphones. Can definitely recommend the Sennheiser HD201's at £18 along with the OEM Creative Z. A nice pairing for the £65 I paid for both.

Still, I can't wait until I have £100 to blow on some headphones though. :)

I'm right in thinking the Creative Z has an amp aren't I? Are there any settings somewhere for this like there was for the Xonar DG?

Associate
Anyone bought recently and can confirm the kind of capacitors the Z OEM has?

I saw some reviews state it has G-Luxon and Fujicon capacitors but then seen pictures showing Nichicon's Fine-Gold ones.

I've seen conflicting reviews on this and want to move of ALC889.

Unless people have a better alternative for around £50-60.

EDIT: Bought it and an confirm I got Nichicon's Fine-Gold capacitors. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Yep Nichicon's Fine-Gold capacitors
I recommend the SoundBlaster Z £53 (OEM ver ) For Playing Games, Music Mp3s/cds - watching Movies
and the Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-Express High Performance Sound Card £199 for Audio Editing ,Re-sampling Ect..watching movies .games. music

myself I placed a order for another Z OEM ver for My Other PC
13032013063_zps2996249f.jpg

13032013062_zpsa846dcfe.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Strange that there are pictures of the Z with G-Luxon caps. I've seen a few comments from people who bought a Z and got Nichicon FG caps. I thought only the Zx/ZxR has Nichicon caps. For those that got a Z with Nichicon caps, I wonder if Creative made an error and shipped the Zx instead of the Z; or, I suppose they may have just done away with the G-Luxon cap variant of the card.

Associate
that's is strange, I only seen the retail Z with red cover Shield with G-Luxon caps
I guess zx with mic mod same. I know reviews on youtube show Retail Z and ZX with G-Luxon Caps
all the sale pics of people salling the Z retail I seen just the normal G-Luxon caps in the sale pics.

Last edited:
Associate
well all I know I stick to oem for gaming & movies ,MP3s
but if you got the cash go for the ZXR, I say

wonder if anybody on here that got the Z retail & ZX with Audio Control Module (ACM) Retail can tell us if they still G-Luxon caps on them .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom