Fractal Design arc mini

Associate
Has anyone got a Fractal Design acr mini or owned a arc mini i was thinking of getting one for a powerful small pc but i havnt seen any genral reviews

Associate
What information are you after? It's not a small case when compared to something like the Silverstone TJ-08E but with extra room you can get a lot in

Associate
Soldato
there is no window for the arc mini

fyi its just as good for air cooling.

62337_10151482039750864_1584488810_n.jpg

my 7970 fits in just fine, you could fit 2 7970's in however it will be tight and watercooling will be the only option to keep them cool

Last edited:
Associate
I emailed fracal about the mini window they basically said no , so I did my own ( plexiglass is a pain get a rectangle cut but make sure it aint too long as the side panel will not go on )

the light strips are off a popular auction site theres some real nice ones with a black layer on the top of the strip with a see through gel that look great when its lit or not other strips you tend to be able to see all the circuitry etc )

mine consists of a black ice stealth 240 up top ( there wider than normal 240 rads so you have to mess around re adjusting the mounting holes in the case for it to fit but it leaves you plenty of room for ram to go in the mobo when you fit the 120mm fans.

next up is liang pump + ek top and the mini ek res , a 120mm ek rad up front with a couple of xspc rad mounts can only use one side but its fine, fans pulling in on the top rad out at the back and front, lots of 90 degree and 45 degree fittings and 2 60 degree fittings on the top rad also the ek res mounts that you get with the res kit are fine )

biggest pita was doing the window cut out all I can say is cover it all in scotch body panel tape measure it then dremel it and then finish with a file after measuring and marking it up again take your time at this stage, then stick the plexi glass on with 1mm thick scotch foam dlb sided tape

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom