Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Im going to view two FN2 tomorrow and blag a test drive. I know enough to go for the GT model for the extras. Anything else to consider? Best colour - red or black? :D

I sworn never to have another red car after my Milano EP3, it always looked pink/orange in certain sunlight. Has to be Nighthawk Black on the EP3.

On the premium edition EP3, was the only difference the Recaro seats?

premier edition, momo steering wheel, red carpets and privacy glass

Permabanned
NathWraith You got some bad luck man

I have not been around the forum for a while.
After that ****ing Curb incident. I ended up without my DC2 from November 16 till day before new year !!!!
I ended up with cat D + 2.2k for fixing my ITR
15mph into hole in road(or drain) that was covered with water and doing extra 5 miles to get off the road with tyre off the rim:
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4418/img537g.jpg

5 weeks later when insurance decided to do cat D and drop car off by my house just before new year after i had to put my spare on ****ers did not even bother to do that in 5 weeks !!!!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2222/img550i.jpg

Few days later wehn i got my custom drilled wheels with tyres. And sprayed my lip with black hammerite yet agan.
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/736724_586806944668497_791939954_o.jpg
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/735763_590527184296473_1503660611_o.jpg

Took me 6 days to get set of new wheels sprays lip and do mot and wheel alignment that was not off LOL.
Anyway for spare cash i got myself Tegiwa high flow cat
307594_592729450742913_1435895665_n.jpg

It finally completes my exhaust system. Mugen header->Tegiwa->spoon n1
Sounds awesome and i got MASSIVE gains oO Old cat had 170kkm on it and it was blocked to hell.
Vero good buy if someone does not want decat cos he will go deaf in hes car like myself :D N1 is so loud that on track days in helmet i cant hear tyres giving up just exhaust. No wounder its rated 103db lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Doens't sound like fun.

I wouldn't touch a Tegiwa Cat a mate had massive problems with his one causing the MOT emissions fail. And yes he and the garage knew they had to be up to temp.

As soon as it was changed, flying colours through the MOT.

Permabanned
Well my mate is mot tester and he used to drive ukdm DC2 himself :p
He was like **** this **** man just put dcat on it i pass you anyway hehe. But once you do 100+ miles with N1 you dont want it to get louder thrust me :p
I still have standard cat that 'barely' passes mot anyway its so worn lolz. I can drop that in anyway for free at my mates if i need it lolz.

Next thing will be probably ODYSSEY PC680 battery
W8U6aFuqvDZki37cl-0_jKlVNxW4xbM1UoMCPP5Xf1lziGZupecfOo0Eh6L_uIhYqwFPXtIVPRwUr99QpHOONg-oGKilWOL726QPDRHvirlFhgwlz_FhCaKOPzwP6VZg3Tk5WXSx8IxbFkQjKC8bUQ

With kill switch.
Since I drive itr 2 times a week battery dies all the time. I got allot of static power drain --> car alarm with them motion sensors, car stereo + amp, Defi dials ect. And for last few weeks i just keep my negative terminal off the battery.
But for 110f i can get one of those and shave 6kgs off the car. And that is as much as you save on carbon **** lolz.

ps. -Ad----> Jazz jets i need to get some !!! Got myself 40f wipers some better jets would be good :D

Ps2. Since last mot in April till one in January my itr done 1834km barely driven lolz.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Just been Honda to confirm the Timing Chain is stretched and get my Valve clearances done. They also give you a nice form of whats wrong and how much to fix all the issues.

So..

Timing Chain
Valve Clearances
Clutch
Rear Brake light
Window Wipers
Two front tyres
Both rear suspension droplinks

Total Cost = £1805 :) I feel for the people who don't do any Car mechanics at all or those who don't shop around.

No, Honda won't be doing all of that.

Soldato
Nah thats expensive lol.

Are you in the midlands? For example Area Motorsport/Brosport charge 55 quid for valve clearances, Tegiwa even cheaper @ £47.

I'd contact those 2 for a quote, would be far cheaper :)

Permabanned
Nah thats expensive lol.

Are you in the midlands? For example Area Motorsport/Brosport charge 55 quid for valve clearances, Tegiwa even cheaper @ £47.

I'd contact those 2 for a quote, would be far cheaper :)

Yup, regretting the decision now. I just wanted something done whilst the car was at Honda all day and me at work. For the rest of the issues,
I'll be buying the parts and hopefully fitting; all apart from the timing chain unless my dad knows how to go about fitting it.

Soldato
Sold my 52 plate Ep3 this morning :(

115k and sold it for £2,800 which I thought was pretty good :)

IMG_0625_zpsef17de14.jpg

Only put it up for sale on Saturday so nice and quick!

Back
Top Bottom