Tools

Soldato
So im thinking of getting an air compressor and some air tools now that im starting to do a bit more DIY.

Theres such a big range in price, i really dont know where to start. Can anyone recommend a couple for me to research? Im really just a DIY user so nothing particularly industrial is needed.

Cheers

Associate
Yeah its mainly for working on the car. Spraying, some grinding/cutting, a wrench and possibly a sander.

Well my compressor was made in 1982, it's a wolf machine, 3hp, 100ltr tank, 12cfm. Dont' know how much it would cost to replace now as it's that old, but works well. As for tools i've got a blue point 1/2" impact wrench, a set of HVLP spray guns, and a lot of tools from aldi, cut off grinder, 3/8" air ratchet, air nailer, chisel, tyre inflator, and some other bits and bats.

If you keep an eye on aldi they normally do a compressor every 6-9 months, mates got one and is good.

But I have to agree it's a pain waiting for it to fill up from empty, mine doesn't suffer too bad once full as it's a large tank and high cfm. But I only use it when doing a clutch or other equally big job, rest of jobs get the old elbow grease out as it's normally quicker than waiting for it.

Soldato
I use to have a 12-14cfm compressor, with a 50ltr receiver bought it some 20 years ago from Machine Mart, back when I had a large workshop.:(
It could run any tool with ease, the nearest machine matching it today is the Airmaster Tiger 14/60 Air Compressor at £311.:eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
[Darkend]Viper;24200997 said:
If you keep an eye on aldi they normally do a compressor every 6-9 months, mates got one and is good.
Lidl have compressors and air tools coming up in their specials in the next week or so...saw them in their offer leaflet only this morning!!!

Edit: Compressor and air tools offer will be from Monday 6th May at Lidls.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom