Sky Updated Epg

Soldato
Forced update finally worked here too :) slight issue though. It won't let me change to Dolby on HDMI. It bounces back to normal when I come out of the settings? Likewise with the optical, won't let me change it to normal from Dolby, any ideas?

This update is welcomed because I use the second hdmi out on the amp for sky tv upstairs :)

Associate
Just done a forced update on my DRX895 and it's now on R006.058.55.00P.

And MagicBoy & Nathan, I had the same embarrassing mistake with the sound settings! :D

Associate
It should be, R006.058.60.00P

I've just had another look and it's now on the 60 version, must have updated last night since I did the forced update.

I discovered earlier that the Dolby Digital over HDMI is useless as I connect my Sky box via HDMI through a splitter to my TV and AV amp, whilst this works just fine when watching TV through the AV amp, but when I can't be bothered with powering on the amp and various connected power amps, the TV is unable to deal with the Dolby signal, so I'll leave the amp connected through HDMI and coax digital.

Soldato
Did a forced update on mine this morning, upgraded to the latest version as above. Box feels a bit less responsive now, but hopefully it'll sort itself out after a couple of days.

Dolby over HDMI seems to work well, makes no real difference vs having it via optical but it's nice to see the HDMI indicator on my AV receiver light-up.

Haven't changed the setting for the box's standby mode, 'Active' was the default setting doesn't seem like there's any actual disadvantage to using 'Eco' though as the box will wake itself up for recordings anyway, so I'll change that at some point. Not going to make any real difference to your electricity bill either way.

V F

V F

Soldato
Haven't changed the setting for the box's standby mode, 'Active' was the default setting doesn't seem like there's any actual disadvantage to using 'Eco' though as the box will wake itself up for recordings anyway, so I'll change that at some point. Not going to make any real difference to your electricity bill either way.

Don't change it. I've found ECO makes the UI a lot more less responsive.

Associate
I've not had any issues on the DRX890 and 895. I normally get 3 months without a restart.

I'm positive the DRX890 had another small update after it had the Sky logo moved to the left of the screen. As the box one night while watching TV restarted and came up with the Sky intro. But the DRX895 jumped to the latest.

Thanks, been away for a week.

Forced update last night straight to R006.058.60.00P

;)

Associate
Just tried a force update and no HDMI Audio option still.

Do you sometimes have to force update a few times? my box is currently on version R005.054.17.00P which is on an Amstrad box.

Back
Top Bottom