What is the point of this.....

Man of Honour
But surely if you're going to the effort of knocking a whole building down you'd do that as well.

It seems more effort to convert it than just remove it with everything else.

Perhaps it was the beginning of some sort of footbridge that used to be roughly where the photo was taken from, with the "wheelchair ramp" being the beginning of the bridge, which doubled back on itself to keep the slope shallow enough without taking up too much space. A drained and filled canal, maybe, or a disused road. If so, the foundations for the bridge would have been pretty substantial and it might have been easier to simply cut it off near the base and add a few steps to the higher end.

I'm curious now. Tineye shows nothing. Does anyone know where this is and what it used to be?

Man of Honour
2WaCMvv.jpg

A wheelchair ramp that leads to a set of stairs (or a set of stairs that leads to a wheelchair ramp depending on which was you look at it).

Apparently it's in Burnley.

I was going to give a smart ass answer like everybody else and then realised something is not right.
For instance at work we have a main entrance virtually identical to that however on the right side at the top of the stairs would be an opening to a set of doors but on the above picture the railings are all around :confused:
THIS DOES NOT SENSE MAKE.
There is no opening anywhere in that fence leading to anywhere.
It could be some arty farty piece that the Council paid half a million for.

Man of Honour
It's a drive-thru Repent-n-b-Saved. A heavy set, black, Louisiana man stands at the far side, the customer wheels up in their wheelchair, they testify to the Lord, repent their sins and after a few minutes of shaking and of being entered by Jesus, they get up and walk down the other side.

Back
Top Bottom