Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Life > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 31st Aug 2013, 13:21   #1
justjoe
Associate
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10
DPD saturday?

Placed an order yesterday.

Still hasn't turned up, tracking says its "At Delivery Depot".

Anyone know what the cut of point for DPD are, I don't want to waste a Saturday waiting for something that's not going to turn up.
justjoe is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2013, 13:28   #2
Traffic_Warden
Wise Guy
 
Traffic_Warden's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,421
DPD 10:00 & 12:00
DPD 10:00 & DPD 12:00 Ensure your parcels arrive by 10am or noon the next working day.

DPD NEXT DAY
DPD NEXT DAY For parcel delivery in the UK before close of business the following working day

DPD TWO DAY
DPD TWO DAY For those non-urgent parcels which can accept an extra day's transit

Saturday (Specifically ordered for Saturday)
Saturday We will deliver Before 10 am or Before Noon parcels on our saturday service

2015 Subaru WRX STI - WR Pearl Blue
2010 RS Twingo 133 Cup - Glacier White
Traffic_Warden is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2013, 13:33   #3
Duke
Man of Honour
 
Duke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 31,835
Did you specify a Saturday delivery? It should say on van if out for delivery.

Duke is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2013, 13:42   #4
justjoe
Associate
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
Did you specify a Saturday delivery? It should say on van if out for delivery.
Yep guess its not turning up now then.
justjoe is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2013, 15:17   #5
marc2003
Capodecina
 
marc2003's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: England
Posts: 18,472
i guess you've not used DPD before then? you usually get a 1 hour time slot mailed to you first thing in the morning so you don't have to wait about.

the failure of that to arrive would let me know the parcel wasn't coming. obviously this is something you'd have to take up with whoever sent it if you paid extra for saturday delivery. note that any standard "next day" orders means next business day so any order placed on a friday will come monday.

Gigabyte Z97-D3H :: i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz
16GB Corsair Vengeance LP :: 2 x 250GB Samsung 850 EVO
Bitfenix Merc Beta :: Superflower HX 550W
Sapphire Nitro R9 380 :: BenQ BL3200PT
marc2003 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2013, 15:22   #6
justjoe
Associate
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc2003 View Post
i guess you've not used DPD before then? you usually get a 1 hour time slot mailed to you first thing in the morning so you don't have to wait about.

the failure of that to arrive would let me know the parcel wasn't coming. obviously this is something you'd have to take up with whoever sent it if you paid extra for saturday delivery. note that any standard "next day" orders means next business day so any order placed on a friday will come monday.
Ive used DPD before not receiving an email doesn't mean its not going to be delivered that day, there could be a dozen reason that email never turns up.

I paid for Saturday delivery.
justjoe is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2013, 15:22   #7
Hyburnate
Capodecina
 
Hyburnate's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: NN4
Posts: 12,284
When did you order, and at what time?

Hyburnate is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2013, 15:24   #8
Skillmister
Capodecina
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Wales
Posts: 16,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoe View Post
Ive used DPD before not receiving an email doesn't mean its not going to be delivered that day, there could be a dozen reason that email never turns up.
It pretty much does. Not once have i used DPD and not had both the email and text the morning of delivery.

RIP: i5 3570k-Z77-D3H-16GB DDR3-7850 Twin Frozr III
Skillmister is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2013, 15:51   #9
justjoe
Associate
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillmister View Post
It pretty much does. Not once have i used DPD and not had both the email and text the morning of delivery.
Like I said there could be many reasons why it didn't turn up. Any number or problems could stop you not reviving and email. Its irrelevant anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyburnate View Post
When did you order, and at what time?
10:08 yesterday left OCUK at 13:00.
justjoe is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2013, 15:57   #10
atpbx
Capodecina
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 21,145
I would hazard a guess that its not been sent Saturday delivery.

IE manifested incorrectly.
atpbx is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2013, 16:18   #11
justjoe
Associate
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by atpbx View Post
I would hazard a guess that its not been sent Saturday delivery.

IE manifested incorrectly.
Dunno mate its possible. Would have been nice to have my GPU for the weekend. But as long as I get it by Tue I'm happy.

Hopefully will be able to get a refund.
justjoe is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2013, 16:21   #12
Hyburnate
Capodecina
 
Hyburnate's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: NN4
Posts: 12,284
Yeah, open a CS Thread and get your money re-imbursed.

Hyburnate is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2013, 19:19   #13
justjoe
Associate
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyburnate View Post
Yeah, open a CS Thread and get your money re-imbursed.
Yea did that last night.

Should turn up tomorrow. Luckily the missus isn't working so I don't lose a days wages.
justjoe is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:46.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Overclockers UK (Ocuk Ltd)