Prison Architect

Associate
It is very good, I've put in around 25 hours alone since getting it in the Steam sale. I'd say just get it at the current sale price, well worth it and its a good time waster.

Soldato
From what I've seen thhe the game time passes far too slowly

Has there been any word from the devs on this at all before I commit to buy

As I honestly think it would bore me to tears if there wasn't an option to give a faster day cycle

Soldato
Thats just made me realise something, i did quite a lot of work on a prison using alpha 10->12 and got it up to about 150 cells and 100+ inmates, all nice and stable, unfortunately due to changes in the game since then if I resume the prison I get riots within about 8hours... :(

So, after loading and checking the prisons valuation, I've now sold that prison and I'm building a new one, with a starting budget of $650k... lovely. :)

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I have been keeping an eye on this and every now and then pop in here for a read. It does looks good but I am still thinking I will wait on the full release. So what do you reckon wait for full release or dive in?

Soldato
I have been keeping an eye on this and every now and then pop in here for a read. It does looks good but I am still thinking I will wait on the full release. So what do you reckon wait for full release or dive in?

Dive right in because its on offer for $15 (£9.39) at the humble store: https://www.humblebundle.com/store
also, judging by nerdcubed's recent video of it, it seems to be reasonably bug free and very enjoyable

(although its taking FOREVER to process my transaction)

Associate
Definitely worth picking up from the Humble Bundle sale, which expires at 7pm tonight.

It's one of those games where you glance at the clock, it's 11pm, so just one more 'turn' before bed... next thing you know the dawn chorus is disturbing your thought process as you plan out your next cell block! :)

Soldato
Finally made it to a 1mill valuation... Tried out several different styles of cell block and this plan has evolved quite well. Having to do a shakedown or full cellblock searches every couple of days to stop the tunnels growing too big. Also the 6x Workshops are yielding a health 20k+ per day which is nice.

Associate
Day 132 and I've just hit a 1.5m valuation with this, my 6th attempt at a prison

Would do some things differently now, so time to sell up and start a new monster-sized prison :)

Last edited:
Associate
I got it earlier in the week from the HB store, i'd seen screenshots and it looked a bit meh, but with the new store i figured i'd 'try before you buy' and it was bought before i'd even finished the tutorial.
If i'd made a ruddy effort and looked for youtube vids i probably would have understood better cos the layouts alone dont really say much for the game, but its brilliant, extremely addictive, rather frustrating (which isnt a bad thing), and has this knack of turning 'just a quick tweak' into 3hrs more gameplay.

Does anyone more knowledgeable about its development know roughly where we are in the process, if there are certain unavailable features known to be planned, stuff like this? Im aware from this thread they're a good 1yr into the alpha, im just wondering if this is 80% feature complete or if the dev's have given an insight into stuff like this?

Is there somewhere which would have this info, or is the best place the steam forums, and lastly... how do i gain access to the official wiki, all i have is a steam key. I guess it probably doesnt have much that the unofficial ones dont.

Back
Top Bottom