• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anything happen with Mantle yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
lol at your analogy Setter :D
It's one i live by mate tbh, i work for a guy, (insert your own insult) who never tells us anything, wether we have work next week, wether we'll even have a job next week. Im gonna re christen him mantle. Finally went loopy tonight and bought a gtx 780wf. Bargain on mm at £290.00.:D

Caporegime
It's one i live by mate tbh, i work for a guy, (insert your own insult) who never tells us anything, wether we have work next week, wether we'll even have a job next week. Im gonna re christen him mantle. Finally went loopy tonight and bought a gtx 780wf. Bargain on mm at £290.00.:D

Sweet deal and nice one. Do you work with me by any chance, as you just hit the nail on the head with our Bosses. Work is plentiful but when you ask about new work and possibilities of this and that, you get a strong "Nothing is coming" and then 2 days later, you get told of new work :D

Caporegime
Well that explains you getting the 290Xs warmed up (or is it cooled down).
Well 8 Pack does like to rock the ln2. But seriously, mantle sounds like a good thing. But we know nothing about it tbh. And amd's record on big promises isnt great. Bulldozer cpu's were hyped big time, they turned out more dissapointing than a wet fart.

And Greg, ive been working for the same guy for 20 years now, money is poor tbh. I make far more doing my own private work. Money in wallpapering is insanely good. £50.00 a roll easily.

Last edited:
Caporegime
lol.. ain't that the truth.
Humbug, iirc a while back you said your triple channel ram kit wasnt working properly? Cant remember the exaxct issue you had. But i have a tri channel ocz reaper kit here, (7-7-7-24-1.65v). One stick is dead but im not sure which, and tbh i cba to test on my x58 rig. Your welcome to take the whole kit if you can weed out the bad one. Besides ocz are gone and i cant rma it. Hopefully it will be of use to yourself mate.:)

Caporegime
Humbug, iirc a while back you said your triple channel ram kit wasnt working properly? Cant remember the exaxct issue you had. But i have a tri channel ocz reaper kit here, (7-7-7-24-1.65v). One stick is dead but im not sure which, and tbh i cba to test on my x58 rig. Your welcome to take the whole kit if you can weed out the bad one. Besides ocz are gone and i cant rma it. Hopefully it will be of use to yourself mate.:)

Thats very nice of you.

I can't overclock the RAM past ~1500Mhz as one stick is bad, i know which one it is by way testing them individually.

The question is will they work along side Corsair?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well mate, fling me your adress via trust and ill post em out to you. Id rather see them being used than threw in the bin. Dont think the dons will mind this as it's not strictly a members market thing.

Soldato
None of you will care anyways...You are all coining (literally) it in with that Bitcoin thingy that us Nvidia users can't do :p

Nvidia user: "Coming for some BF4 fun?"
AMD user: "Nah, I am 2 days away from a coin down the pit"

:D

Early morning chuckleworthy Greg well done :)
I feel so dirty on the red side its just not natural but the coin is where its at for me :cool:

Caporegime
Guys a lot is happening with this!!! The performance is nothing short of amazing. Watch this space!!

IIRC Gibbo said something about going to an AMD conference the other day, and now 8 pack is saying it's nothing short of amazing..........

Maybe AMD finally showed it off a bit to give retailers a chance to stop buying Nvidia high end cards and place orders for more 290's :p

I'll laugh pretty hard if a £290 290 spanks a 780ti in BF4 and/or many more Mantle games. I'll laugh exceptionally hard if a 7970 matches or beats a Titan or Ti. I'll merely chuckle a little if the 290 only beats a 780ti comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom