*** SAMSUNG SSD CASH BACK PROMO - UP TO £50 BACK! ***

Soldato
10155410_10152287139638349_686258364_n.jpg

Turbocharge your system with a super speedy Samsung 840 Series SSD with up to £50 cash back!

Enjoy read speeds of over 500MB/s and write speeds of over 400MB/s with a full 3 Year Warranty.

More info HERE

Samsung 1TB SSD 840 EVO SATA 6Gb/s Basic - (MZ-7TE1T0BW) **£50 CASHBACK** @ £389.99 inc VAT

HD-171-SA_400.jpg

Only £389.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
Why do they not just lower the price by £50, never liked Cashback or any other incentives and started in USA AFAIK and some were/are a con.

OcUK Staff
Why do they not just lower the price by £50, never liked Cashback or any other incentives and started in USA AFAIK and some were/are a con.

A price drop does not get the same level of marketing, prices drop, etailors just move prices down and don't have a strategy or plan behind it. So with a cashback it forces all of Samsung's partners to participate and market to the fullest which gives Samsung more reach, their goal.

Plus then as you say, not everyone will claim, so it cost them less as a company to offer a cashback promotion.

As to a con, with Samsung no such thing, follow their rules to the book and you will get your cashback. :)

Permabanned
I know Sammy one is legit but you do need to dig heels in to get the cash and they obv hope many do not apply.

OcUK Staff
I know Sammy one is legit but you do need to dig heels in to get the cash and they obv hope many do not apply.

Yep but as I say, any activity must have a return on investment.

Just dropping prices, gives zero return, you might sell more, but you make less.

Samsungs method is likely and will give their product more reach as it will be marketed heavily by Samsung and their partners, vastly increasing sales and earning them more market share. Which for them gives a better ROI than just lowering prices....

Associate
I'm curious why the mSATA drives are so much more expensive than the 2.5" drives, given the materials/production/packaging cost should be much cheaper for Samsung.

Is it the usual new product premium, or are economies of scale & bulk buying making the difference?

OcUK Staff
I'm curious why the mSATA drives are so much more expensive than the 2.5" drives, given the materials/production/packaging cost should be much cheaper for Samsung.

Is it the usual new product premium, or are economies of scale & bulk buying making the difference?

Supply and demand, I suspect the 2.5" drives sell 10x more so they mass produce more, for us we sell 100x more 2.5 than we do mSATA.

Associate
Yep but as I say, any activity must have a return on investment.

Just dropping prices, gives zero return, you might sell more, but you make less.

Samsungs method is likely and will give their product more reach as it will be marketed heavily by Samsung and their partners, vastly increasing sales and earning them more market share. Which for them gives a better ROI than just lowering prices....

I understand why companies do cash back/rebates. You don't always have to compete on price and sometimes its impossible for what ever reason however you can win on perceived value, or value added.

Certainly Samsung are very good at this as they also trade on the name and reputation and as you say its a great marketing tool and allows the company to mass market there cash back promotion while not having to be linked to any one retailers price.

Which in turn is great for the retailer as they are receiving a national marketing campaign free from Samsung without spending on advertising and in my view paid for marketing doesn't have a huge cost benefit compared to other free media options.

Oh and there great drives anyways at any price

Associate
Hope its made much easier than last year for your sanity. With the cashback for my 840 PROs it took 3 emails and a dozen phone numbers to find the exact department to help process the claim. Even though its meant to be done automatically via email I never got a response. Also they changed the warranty for the 840 PROs (on the website listing my product registration) from 5 years to 3 years without any explanation. I bought it from here last year in June and my attempts at contacting Samsung (again) have failed to ask why it states 3 years. Truly hate dealing with Samsung despite their excellent products. I need a spare day to try and contact them again! :mad:

Soldato
Never got my cash back from the last Samsung promotion..

No I didnt either, in fact I never even heard anything back from them, total con wont be doing it again, love samsung drives and will by them again but it will be on my terms and not with these "offers"

Back
Top Bottom