**TODAY ONLY! 08/04/2014** Graphic card goodness! MSI Radeon R9 280X & 290X Lightning

OcUK Staff
MSI Radeon R9 280X Gaming Edition OC 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £199.99 inc VAT

GX-225-MS_400.jpg

R9 Series Graphics
The AMD Radeon™ R9 280X graphics processor harnesses visionary GCN Architecture. This GPU is primed to enable astonishing performance and breathtaking image quality, making it a top choice for gamers who expect the best.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN
A graphics card is the single most important element for more FPS. As gamers, we understand that not just any graphics card "will do". That's why we bring you the best of the best. We don't want to bug you with noise and heat, but we DO want to give you more performance. With MSI GAMING series graphics cards you get just that.

MILITARY CLASS 4 COMPONENTS
Military Class 4 is the next step in high quality components. The Hi-c CAPs, Super Ferrite Chokes and Dark CAPs will make sure that your PC runs more stable under extreme gaming conditions.

ADVANCED TWIN FROZR IV
MSI's Twin Frozr has been the industry defining graphics card cooler. The first Twin Frozr kicked off the dual-fan trend and today MSI stays true to its dual-fan dual-slot design where others have to resort to less effective means.

AFTERBURNER
MSI Afterburner has quickly become the favorite overclocking software for media, overclockers and end-users. Because of its simple interface, it's easy to learn, but it packs a lot of powerful features like an integrated benchmark utility called Kombustor that can check your system performance in benchmarking mode, or run as a stability test.

GAMING APP
EASY TUNE, EASY PLAY - OC Mode, Gaming Mode and Silent Mode available at a click of a button. You decide!

PREDATOR
A built-in screen and video capturing tool named Predator which captures your screen as still images or videos with the push of a button and allows you to capture and record your coolest, goofiest and most awesome gaming moments on your PC!

Ultra Resolution Gaming
Leave HD in the dust by gaming on displays much, much larger. Whether using a 4k monitor or combining multiple HD monitors, you’ll get an expansive experience that’s truly out of sight.

GCN Architecture
Primed to enable astonishing performance and breathtaking image quality, making it a top choice for gamers who expect the best.

AMD CrossFire™ Technology
With outstanding performance scaling, a system equipped with AMD CrossFire™ technology keeps you fragging while everyone else is reaching for an upgrade.

AMD Eyefinity Technology
Enjoy the ultimate immersive gaming experience with innovative “wrap around” multidisplay capabilities.

AMD HD3D Technology
Play 3D games, watch Blu-ray 3D videos, and edit 3D photos on your 3D monitor, TV or projector.

AMD App Acceleration
Improve performance of everyday tasks such as Web browsing, office applications and video rendering.

AMD PowerTune Technology
Enables intelligent power monitoring to enable higher clock speeds and better performance in your favorite games.

AMD ZeroCore Technology
Allows your AMD Radeon™ GPU to consume virtually no power when in idle state.

Specifications
Interface: PCI-e 3.0 (backwards compatible with 2.0)
Core Speed: 1000MHz (1050MHz Boost Speed)
Memory Buffer: 3GB GDDR5
Memory Speed: 6000MHz
Memory Interface: 384-bit
Connectivity: 1x DVI, 1x HDMI, 2x Mini-DP
Stream Processors: 2048
HDCP Support: Yes
Max Resolution: 4096x2160
DirectX Support: DirectX 11.2
CrossFire: Yes
Monitor Support: Up to 4 displays
Power: 1x 6-Pin + 1x 8-Pin (250W TDP)
Dimensions: 269 x 128 x 34 mm

Only £199.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

_____

MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning Edition 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £499.99 inc VAT

GX-237-MS_400.jpg

The MSI R9 290X Lightning is a genuine contender as a powerful gaming card. Not quantified by "for a Radeon", this thing is fast, full stop. Easy, and rewarding to overclock with a fantastic cooler and every option you could want. It's Brilliant. It's Rapid. It's Yellow. It's a worthy winner of our OC3D Gold Award and the best Radeon card on the market today.

Features:-
- Triple Level Signals: Show the real time GPU load by different colours
- TriFrozr Thermal Design: Triple PWM fans with independent control system on
- Pure Digital PWM Control: Digitally controlled GPU, Memory and VDDC.
- Twin BIOS: Seperated BIOS chips for regular use and LN2 overclocking.
- Enhanced Power: 12 GPU phases and 3 memory phases on a custom designed 12 layers PCB for amazing overclocking potential.
- Military Class 4 Components pass MIL-STD-810G certificatiomn for best stability and quality.
- Equipped with CopperMOS, Hi-C CAPS, New SFC and All Dark Solid CAPs.
- Triple Overvoltage: Total control with GPU, Memory and PLL voltage adjustment.
- Triple Temp Monitor: Real time monitoring of GPU, Memory and PLL Conditions.
- V-Check point: For direct and accurate read-out of GPU, memory and PLL voltage.

Specification:-
- Radeon R9 290X
- GPU: Hawaii XT
- Stream Processors: 2816
- ROPS: 64
- Core Speed: 1080MHz
- Memory Speed: 5000Mhz (Samsung IC)
- Memory interface: 512-Bit
- Memory capacity: 4096MB GDDR5
- PCI-Express X16 lane required
- 750W or greater PSU required
- Power Connectors: 2x 8-pin + 1x 6-pin required
- Warranty: 3yr
- Download PDF Presentation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kkxjuw2a0n421v/R9 290X LIGHTNING Infokit 1_0 - PDF Version.pdf

Only £499.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
I have an i3 with a GTX 550Ti, 16Gb 1600mhz RAM and a 480Gb SSD, would the 280x be a good upgrade or would people suggest CPU and GPU upgrade?

Associate
Would that 280x be a worthwhile upgrade to a GTX770, assuming I can recoup the majority of the costs of the 280x by selling my 770? or would it be a pointless side-grade?

Associate
Cheers guys, I'll wait awhile till 770s are even cheaper aand SLI in that case.

Its still a silly good price for a very powerful card. Good job OCUK.

Associate
So tempted by that 290X... May order if there are any left when I get home from work.

If I do, would you be able to delay delivery by a day but still use my free next day delivery? Would need it to arrive either Thursday or Friday.

Back
Top Bottom