• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Intel i7 4790K Owners thread***

Associate
I wished intel would release binned cpu's that will deffo go over 5ghz at low volts.

Or even if overclockers tested oem cpu for golden ones

I would pay an extra £100 over retail price knowing that the chip im buying will hit 5ghz easy at low volts

+1 Great idea. Removes the chance of getting a terrible clocker

Associate
Been asked many times before.

8 Pack systems take the über chips, Infinity the very good ones, and so on. OcUK get much more value from them that way, and of course they control all the elements/components to make sure they get the best speed/reliability ratio.

Associate
Been asked many times before.

8 Pack systems take the über chips, Infinity the very good ones, and so on. OcUK get much more value from them that way, and of course they control all the elements/components to make sure they get the best speed/reliability ratio.

Whilst this is great for 8pack systems it only takes a competitor to offer binnded CPU's and bespoke systems will fall by the wayside.

Associate
Just waiting for that magic email telling me my order has been shipped. Quite looking forward to building my new box, my old QX6700, Asus P5Q and 4GB of RAM are a bit long in the tooth now!

I wonder when they're getting more stock in...

Soldato
OP
Boomstick, could you please put a summary in the first post? How better is the 4790k compared to the old 4770k? 10% for temps?

Results seem to be subjective, mobo, cooling used etc. The thread is for each user to post their overclocks and user experience not just mine.

I reach 4.9Ghz stable, with much lower temps than my 4770K. At stock settings my chip doesn't even go much past 60c. Results can be found throughout the thread.

Awesome lil chip imho, highly recommend :)

Associate
Results seem to be subjective, mobo, cooling used etc. The thread is for each user to post their overclocks and user experience not just mine.

I reach 4.9Ghz stable, with much lower temps than my 4770K. At stock settings my chip doesn't even go much past 60c. Results can be found throughout the thread.

Awesome lil chip imho, highly recommend :)

When you say stable boom at 4.9ghz what tests have you run?

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
Something just dawned on me.
The current crop of 4770k chips are mostly awful clockers.
4.2-4.3 if your lucky.

Well it's no wonder if Intel has been keeping the good ones for DC for 10 months.

Seems that buying DC guarantees you an easy 4.6GHz+ OC.
Most top out at 4.7 -4.8
Unless your Boomstick and you get a CB r15 stable 4.9.

BTW
None of the ES chips could do 4.8 CB r15, so you got a cherry.
That's why I asked you to run it.

Permabanned
Something just dawned on me.
The current crop of 4770k chips are mostly awful clockers.
4.2-4.3 if your lucky.

Well it's no wonder if Intel has been keeping the good ones for DC for 10 months.

Seems that buying DC guarantees you an easy 4.6GHz+ OC.
Most top out at 4.7 -4.8
Unless your Boomstick and you get a CB r15 stable 4.9.

BTW
None of the ES chips could do 4.8 CB r15, so you got a cherry.
That's why I asked you to run it.

^^^^
This.

My 4790k hits 4.6ghz without any volts and I never OC.

Caporegime
Got my k2 cooler back on. So far just ran intel XTU. vcore showing as 1.248 @load, (1.216 idle). Max temps of 67-69-68-62. Ill need to retune the cpu fans in ai suite as they werent spinning all that fast. Though normally with benches like that ill have them running full speed.

Back
Top Bottom