**TODAY ONLY! 09/07/2014** Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo 7.1 & MicroLab SOLO1C 60W Speakers

OcUK Staff
Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo 7.1 PCI-E Soundcard @ £64.99 inc VAT

SC-017-AS_400.jpg

Exclusive ROG Command technology for clean, seamless in-game communication

Gamers often face noisy conditions that drown out voices during online multiplayer gaming. This creates lack of clarity and confusion within squads, leading to lower win ratios. Exclusive ROG Command technology offers the world's first design to specifically bring noise cancellation to a gaming soundcard set, as designed by the Xonar team. Intelligent sound detection algorithms and array microphones (two on the dedicated control box) enable up to 50% ambient noise reduction, effectively turning loud locations such as LAN parties into something as quiet as a lab. The technology works equally well whether using an external microphone or the microphones embedded into the ROG Xonar Phoebus control box. Gamers benefit from being able to communicate and coordinate with team members clearly and with greater precision, adding to enjoyment and win ratios.

Finest components and design for superior sound

ROG Xonar Phoebus utilizes a stylish and effective EMI shield and ASUS exclusive Hyper Grounding technology to ensure reduced electromagnetic interference. Based on the experience of Xonar professionals, Hyper Grounding technology brings ASUS motherboard expertise to audio products with a multi-layer PCB that helps block noise from nearby components and the power supply to render more lifelike and extra clear sound. The PCM1796 digital-to-analog converter on ROG Xonar Phoebus delivers clear and crisp 118 dB SNR high fidelity audio. The new soundcard's SNR profile therefore outperforms competing gaming audio products by a factor of four, and onboard audio by an impressive 32 times. It excels in total harmonic distortion (THD) performance, with a miniscule 0.00039% of sound output experiencing distortion.

Power for headphone users

Since many gamers choose headphones to refrain from disturbing others while insisting on the best sound quality and privacy, ROG and Xonar teams integrated the top-flight TPA6120A2 headphone amplifier on ROG Xonar Phoebus, driving up to 600 ohm impedance for genuinely impactful headphone output.

The latest audio technologies

ROG Xonar Phoebus includes one-click activation of Dolby Home Theater V4, helping enhance audio through complete compatibility with new sound processing technologies. The latest standard offers greatly improved surround, with smart sound enhancement and a more user-friendly approach to high end audio. The exclusive ASUS GX 3.0 game audio engine has also been integrated, offering EAX compatibility to ensure boosted game sound, a wider range of simultaneous sound effects, and overall clearer sonic performance in every PC game.

Product crossover benefits consumers

ROG Xonar Phoebus presents the first soundcard set from ROG, the ASUS division entirely devoted to gaming as a lifestyle and branch of pioneering technology. This launch coincides with ROG's fifth anniversary, and delivers the results of cooperation between ROG gaming philosophy and innovative Xonar PC audio experts. As such, ROG Xonar Phoebus offers gamers enhanced sound custom-tailored to improving in-game experiences.

Main
- 7.1 channel
- Mic in/Line in
- Headphone Out
- Box Link
- SPDIF Out
- Front Audio Header
- Aux In
- S/PDIF Header

HW EXT – GX 3.0
Dolby Features – Dolby PCEE V4(DHTV4)
OS Support: Win8.1/Win8/Win 7/Vista/XP

Only £64.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

_____

MicroLab SOLO1C 60W Bookshelf Stereo Speakers - Dark Wood Finish @ £44.99 inc VAT

SP-003-ML_400.jpg

High fidelity and definition Active bookshelf stereo speakers with beautiful wood finish. Designed with Microlab special care and audio expertise, this series is ideal for most living room setup. Listen to crystal clear and dynamic music with this stereo pair and witness the quality in its audio drivers.
High resolution and near perfect performances, simply stunning audio production quality.
Great sound and full range audio production. Comes with infrared remote control capability for wireless control. Special heritage range for Microlab's 2.0 system that employs high quality design techniques and speaker technology - perfect sound quality and near linear response. Incorporates IGBT OCL circuit for pure tones and dynamic acoustic production. Wireless remote control for attenuation. High quality sound and full range spectrum, ideal for all music lovers and audiophiles.

- Beautiful wooden cabinets with excellence sound quality, powerful 2-way speaker system
- Crystal clear dynamic highs, balanced mid range and deep bass
- Reference monitor quality, driven by high quality drivers
- Each cabinet with 1" tweeter for high notes and woofer for mid to low depths and bass. Includes wireless remote control.
- Ideal for high fidelity music, movies and digital media playbacks

- Output power: 60 Watt RMS
- Power distribution: 30 Watt x 2
- Harmonic distortion: < 0.3% 1 W 1 kHz
- Frequency response: 64 Hz - 20 kHz
- Signal/Noise ratio: > 75 dB
- Separation: > 50 dB
- Input sensitivity: 400 mV
- Nominal impedance: 4 ohm

- Tweeter driver type: 1"
- Tweeter rated power: 20 Watt 6 ohm
- Bass driver type: 5"
- Bass rated power: 30 Watt 4 ohm
- Frequency range: 64 Hz - 20 kHz

- Output: DIN jack
- Input: 2RCA jack
- AUX input: 2RCA jack

Only £44.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
I dont just use headphones I swap between them and my analogue 5.1 depending on im im using skype / teamspeak or in game chats

Soldato
I dont just use headphones I swap between them and my analogue 5.1 depending on im im using skype / teamspeak or in game chats
I myself wanting to upgrade my sound card as well, but it's even more difficult for me comparing to you, as I'm coming from a Xonar DX :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm, looks like it might be a good upgrade for the 600 ohm headphone amp alone and im sure my other speakers would benefit to a degree

Back
Top Bottom