• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC Driver for Windows available for download

Caporegime
Windows 7. He has a Windows 8 key and I have told him to wipe and restart but he would rather not for now.

He used Display Driver Uninstaller as per my instructions but now just BSOD all the time on installing.

Get a few of his mini dump BSOD files and post them on this forum here. Follow their posting instructions to do it correctly, see the sticky at the top of the thread. They can analyse the mini dump file and give you a good indication of what's causing it, if it's hardware related or driver related.

If it's as a result of using DDU, id suggest it's deleted something and is causing Windows to throw a hissy fit. No need for driver uninstallers for the everyday user.

Is his cpu or memory overclocked?

Last edited:
Associate
With AMD I have learned to leave driver updates alone. When I bought My R9 270 a few weeks ago I installed 14.4 and I am leaving it at 14.4
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thanks Woodsta and Matt but not going to mess about and tell him to wipe and go with Windows 8. If he has any issues from that, I will come back to ya.

Just out of curiosity, is it a BF4 thing, as he said everything else was running fine? He is a big WoW addict.

Soldato
BF4 wouldn't cause the BSOD on driver install I guess.

BF4 for me requires a reinstall of the drivers if the game receives a patch. Otherwise my game will lock up.

BF4 is to gaming as AMD is to Gfx cards. Most of it works most of the time but not all of it works all of the time but all of it may work some of the time.

BF4 has never run properly for both AMD & Nvidia often with either party having their own issues.

BF4 and AMD and CF.

Disable core parking on CPU. Disable ULPS if using Xfire (this maybe only 7990) I take it he has actually enabled Xfire once the driver installs - should be prompted. Is he running in mantle or DX11? If mantle then

Before the last 2 game patches my 7990 found BF4 a bit stuttery for the first few minutes of gameplay then sorted itself out for the evening. I'm also finding that normal servers with high ping players making gameplay awful where it stutters when you are head to head and you die. I'd recommend finding servers that are adminned and start by testing on infantry only servers and maybe hardcore where there's less spray and prey tactics used with more bullets in teh air. Also don't choose 64 player servers that are full up.

My mates play normal mode and choose any server, usually unadminned, with peple with girt big pings. If you are a hardcore player and visit a clan run server with regular admoins that will bin off players with over 100 pings - the game experience will be much better. I'm unsure as to whether all servers are patched to 30 hz tick rate or selected few. But to be sure - select a server with it advertised and turn up the network connection to high if you have a good connection.

Hope he sorts his rig soon.

Soldato
I haven't played BF4 in a while. However, in my CF 270x's, there was a lot of flickering on far away textures (EG: Fences) back on the 14.3 driver.

I'm curious if this has been fixed with the new 14.7 drivers, I hope it is though. I need to have a lookski.

Associate
I haven't played BF4 in a while. However, in my CF 270x's, there was a lot of flickering on far away textures (EG: Fences) back on the 14.3 driver.

I'm curious if this has been fixed with the new 14.7 drivers, I hope it is though. I need to have a lookski.

That's z-fighting. I doubt that the drivers will make any diffrence I'm afraid.

Soldato
It didn't fix them for me.

Not sure if they have for me or not either, haven't played State Of Decay yet and FM 2014 is fine since I switched it to software rendering. When I have finished Watch_Dogs I might just use 14.4 until something patches games that I need it too.

Soldato
Warsam, good to see you guys working quickly to address issues, but I think you need to spend a little time concentrating on whether or not your new updates are mucking Eyefinity about.

Last couple of drivers have been a bit temperamental on that front. Usually starting in single screen until I invoke a preset, or starting in extended mode when eyefinity was last enabled.

Also, what happened to the nice vertical adjustment options for Eyefinity several drivers back (I honestly can't remember which version). Actually, on that front, it would be nice to have an option to simply type in a resolution, rather than having to click the arrow several times.

Also, presets are hit and miss. Sometimes they will simply stop working altogether.

I'm glad I am not the only one experiencing Eyefinity issues.

My issues are:

- Eyefinity profile doesn't work after restart - requires setting everything up again.
- System refuses to switch back to Extend mode once in Eyefinity (linked to presets). Win+P also doesn't work at this point. I have to delete and set the profiles up again.
- Often on a restart my monitors are in a different order to when the computer was shut down. It is almost as if CCC has "forgotten" my extend profile.

I have now got to the point where I enable and disable Eyefinity manually (sometimes having to setup the bezel compensation), I don't bother with the profiles anymore.

Honestly I am tempted to give up some performance & move back to Surround. For me it just *works*.

Soldato
is this temp thing the reason why im seeing 43c as an idle temp on my new tri x 290 ? :/

Probably a combination of that and the higher in general seasonal temperatures we are experiencing. My 290X is idling in the mid 40's (undervolted). I havn't gamed on the system for about a week so I don't know what my loads are.

Soldato
My Tri-X got delivered today, will install it when i get in, will give it the usual DDU uninstall, currently running 14.6, worth upgrading to 14.7? or do peeps recommend a specific driver for the 290 Tri-X?

Soldato
Never heard of the term z-fighting before, but it makes sense. Would this be an error in the games coding (Bug?) or is it more related to the drivers?

Some games do it (Not many) while in crossfire, whereas others don't do it at all.

Soldato
I'm glad I am not the only one experiencing Eyefinity issues.

My issues are:

- Eyefinity profile doesn't work after restart - requires setting everything up again.
- System refuses to switch back to Extend mode once in Eyefinity (linked to presets). Win+P also doesn't work at this point. I have to delete and set the profiles up again.
- Often on a restart my monitors are in a different order to when the computer was shut down. It is almost as if CCC has "forgotten" my extend profile.

I have now got to the point where I enable and disable Eyefinity manually (sometimes having to setup the bezel compensation), I don't bother with the profiles anymore.

Honestly I am tempted to give up some performance & move back to Surround. For me it just *works*.

Yeah, is rather bad on recent drivers.

Funnily enough, I only moved to amd for eye finite because at the time, surround was a pain as disabling surround disabled the side monitors...

Sometimes I don't know why I make my life complicated. Three monitors and three cards... Just makes for headaches really.

But I just can't help myself sometimes :)

OcUK Staff
Ok guys benching abit this week. Heaven single card WR 14.6 driver 1600/1725. Heaven two card WR 1500/1700 Crossfire both Z97.

Move to 11 on X79 which is an easier bench to complete than Heaven. I get massive stuttering at anything above 1400/1700. Same temps, same volts etc.

I tried the latest driver, 14.6 as I said before which is amazing with heaven both single and Xfire and also 13.11 Beta 8 which is the most efficeint Xfire driver to date for benching all same problem. You guys seen any stuttering in 11???

Back
Top Bottom