**TODAY ONLY! 10/09/2014** Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Fx OEM & Edifier Spinnaker 2.0 Speaker Syst

OcUK Staff
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Fx OEM (CL-30SB157000001) @ £9.95 inc VAT

SC-094-CL_400.jpg

The perfect Sound Blaster upgrade The Sound Blaster Audigy Fx is a half-height sound card that's powered by SBX Pro Studio technology. It instantly converts your system to a 5.1 entertainment system that delivers cinematic surround sound - perfect for bringing out the best in your movies, music and games! The Sound Blaster Audigy Fx also features a 24-bit 192kHz digital-to-analog converter (playback), 106dB SNR and a high-end 600-ohm headphone amplifier for studio-grade monitoring. Interchangeable full-height and half-height metal brackets are included to give you the flexibility of installing the sound card in small form factor desktop PCs.

Enjoy multi-channel cinematic sound The half-height PCIe sound card is just the perfect size for your home theatre PCs. You can now upgrade your cinematic experience with Sound Blaster audio fidelity. Sound Blaster Audigy Fx comes with 5.1 channel outputs so you can connect to your existing multi-channel speakers with ease.

Independent input sources Sound Blaster Audigy Fx comes with independent line-in and microphone connectors, which allow you to plug in two different audio sources to your PC.

Specifications:-
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 106dB
- Sound Output Mode: 5.1
- Standards: SBX Pro Studio
- Sample Rate: 16-bit to 24-bit playback sampling rates: 44.1, 48, 96, 192kHz‚16-bit to 24-bit recording sampling rates: 44.1, 48, 96kHz
- Compatible OS: Windows Vista‚Windows 7‚Windows 8
- Package Type: OEM

DAC Data Width : 24 bit

Interface: PCI Express x1

Connectivity: Headphone/Front Out: 1 x 3.5mm jack‚Rear Out: 1 x 3.5mm jack‚Centre/Subwoofer: 1 x 3.5mm jack‚Microphone In: 1 x 3.5mm jack‚Line In: 1 x 3.5mm jack

Special Features: 5.1 PCIe Sound Card with SBX Pro Studio‚Enjoy multi-channel cinematic sound‚Independent input sources‚Headphone Amp up to 600 Ohms‚24-bit 192 kHz Stereo Direct

Only £9.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

________

Edifier Spinnaker 2.0 Speaker System - Black @ £79.99 inc VAT

SP-016-ER_400.jpg

The award-winning Spinnaker by Edifier is an iconic system, standing 15 inches tall the abstract shape is designed to be visually striking as well as a facilitator to enhance the audio performance. The shape projects sound towards the listener with a 19mm silk domed, front facing tweeter, a 23/4 inch mid-range driver, reinforced with a downward firing 4 inch subwoofer in each satellite. The Spinnaker is Bluetooth enabled, allowing audio connectivity to any Bluetooth device that supports both A2DP and AVRCA profiles for versatile track navigation, play/mute and volume adjustment through the multi-functional dome-shaped remote control. The remote control operates on a 433Mhz radio frequency up to a 10M radius making all control options easily accessible without the disturbance of inanimate objects. An optical and auxiliary input port is also available for connectivity to other external multimedia devices simultaneously. A speaker-output port allows an external subwoofer/speaker to be connected for additional base performance, making the Spinnaker a versatile system for both home and office use.

Frequency response: 68Hz - 20kHz +/-3dB on reference axis
Frequency range: 50Hz - 23kHz -10dB
Crossover frequencies: 135Hz -10dB
Distortion: 0 0.5%
Input sensitivity: 800mV±50mV
Audio input: Bluetooth, Optical, Auxiliary
Audio output: Bass expansion for outboard subwoofer
Adjustment: Wireless remote control
Power supply: Input 100V-240V AC, Output 20V/60W DC
Speaker unit: Treble: 19mm silk dome, Magnetically shielded, 4ohm Midrange: 2¾ inch (70mm), Magnetically shielded, 4ohm Bass: 4 inch (116mm), Magnetically shielded, 6ohm
Dimension: 140mm x 413mm x 189mm (W x H x D)
Weight: 4.3Kg (net) | 5.3Kg (gross)
Total power output: RMS 10W x 2 +10W x 2 + 25W x 2

Only £79.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
Would that soundcard be a noticeable upgrade over the stock sound on an MSI Z87 G45? I only use a basic headset and a 2.1 speaker system?

Its entirely dependent on your ears. For some people the difference will be very noticeable, for others subtle, and for some completely unnoticeable. If you're using a cheapo crappy headset and speakers then you will likely hear very little difference due to the limits in audio reproduction of your peripherals.

Associate
From what I can tell, that card is based on a ALC898 chip, which would be a downgrade from the ALC1150 on my motherboard. I am sensitive to sound quality of things, very much so but student budgets make being an audiophile nearly impossible :(

Associate
I'm assuming the wireless volume control doesn't adjust the volume from the source (eg Windows), but simply on the speakers themselves?

Wondering as a lot of the time I game with headphones on, and it would be lovely to adjust the volume of the game using the wireless remote that comes with these speakers. Alas my headphones are plugged directly into my sound card, so that may be wishful thinking...anyone know?

Would love to find a USB dial/knob volume control!

Soldato
I'm assuming the wireless volume control doesn't adjust the volume from the source (eg Windows), but simply on the speakers themselves?

Wondering as a lot of the time I game with headphones on, and it would be lovely to adjust the volume of the game using the wireless remote that comes with these speakers. Alas my headphones are plugged directly into my sound card, so that may be wishful thinking...anyone know?

Would love to find a USB dial/knob volume control!

Controls only the volume of the speaker, doesnt do anything to the output of the pc, I own/owned these. its also a bit unresponsive at times and does freak out. Have had times when it do nothing and then suddenly raise or lower the volume massively, also times when I lower the volume but it instead raises it and vice versa.

Generally though it works well and the sound quality is awesome.

Associate
Controls only the volume of the speaker, doesnt do anything to the output of the pc, I own/owned these. its also a bit unresponsive at times and does freak out. Have had times when it do nothing and then suddenly raise or lower the volume massively, also times when I lower the volume but it instead raises it and vice versa.

Generally though it works well and the sound quality is awesome.

Excellent, thanks for the reply. I was afraid it only controls the speakers themselves (only logical), will probably give them a miss. Besides, I own the Edifier R1600T speakers, very happy :)

Back
Top Bottom