**TODAY ONLY! 28/11/2014** Asus Radeon R9 290X ROG Matrix 4GB & Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 2

OcUK Staff
Asus Radeon R9 290X ROG Matrix 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (MATRIX-R9290X-P-4GD5) @ £299.99 inc VAT

GX-340-AS_400.jpg

The ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) Matrix R9 290X is a new graphics card that squeeze breathtaking performance from the latest R9 290X graphics-processing unit (GPU).

ROG Matrix R9 290X has been built on the renowned and highly-trusted ROG Matrix legacy as the coolest, quietest and most-readily-overclocked graphics cards available. DirectCU II cooling and CoolTech fan technologies combine with the brand-new Memory Defroster feature to create the perfect balance between spectacular power and out-of-the-box simplicity - all dressed up in the seductive ROG wardrobe.

With support for next-generation 4K/UHD (ultra-high-definition) gaming resolutions of up to 4096 x 2160 pixels, the Matrix R9 290X delivers an incredible gaming experience today and far into the future.
It benefits from hand-chosen cores to deliver clock speeds that are streets ahead. Respectively, the cards speeds along at 1050MHz and 1072MHz (boosted) - that's an incredible 50MHz and 144MHz faster than reference designs.

For serious games-players this means a significant performance boost of up to 13% for super-smooth frame rates that refuse to stutter. With up to 4GB of high-speed DDR5 video memory on board the Matrix R9 290X enables gamers to enjoy very high resolutions and detail levels.

This new ROG Matrix series card is brimming with advanced and exclusive hardware and software features designed to make overclocking as simple and safe as possible.

Memory Defroster is a brand-new feature that's designed to excite extreme overclockers. This clever technology quickly defrosts the graphics card's memory during below-zero overclocking to ensure sustained stability. Extreme overclockers will also appreciate the Matrix series' liquid-nitrogen (LN2) jumper switch, as it enables even more overvolting options - allowing the most adventurous users to unleash maximum greater power from their graphics cards.

The ROG Matrix series' Safe Mode allows users to overclock with complete confidence, as a single button push will restore default BIOS settings instantly.

To support stable overclocking, this card is also equipped with exclusive DIGI+ voltage-regulator modules (VRMs) with Super Alloy Power technology. The DIGI+ VRM delivers 14-phase power and digital voltage regulation, while Super Alloy Power's Japanese-made 10k black-metallic capacitors, 14 ultra-high-amperage full-molded chokes and extremely-efficient MOSFETs all withstand much greater stress and heat due to the application of specially-formulated materials.

The combination DIGI+ VRM and super-strength Super Alloy Power components means that the Matrix R9 290X is forged for high-load performance and extreme overclocking without annoying whines and buzzes noises - so hardcore overclockers can enjoy plenty of headroom for experimental performance tuning without creating gameplay distractions.

ROG Matrix R9 290X stays ultra-cool at all times, thanks some highly advanced and unique technologies - DirectCU II and CoolTech fan technology.

DirectCU is an innovative thermal technology that's exclusive to ASUS. It puts highly-conductive 10mm copper cooling pipes in direct contact with a card's GPU, so heat is dissipated quickly and with extreme efficiency. As well, the new ROG Matrix series introduces a new heat-sink that's finished in a stunning matt black, so the cards look as great as they're kept cool.

This card also features CoolTech fan technology. The CoolTech fan employs a hybrid blade and bearing design, with inner radial blower and outer flower-type blades to provide multi-directional airflow that accelerates heat removal to ensure high-end graphics performance that's highly stable. The fan's ramp is carefully tuned to ensure minimal noise.

For a final dash of style that's loaded with substance, ROG Matrix even features a gorgeous color-coded LED: this shines brightly and changes shade to reflect the GPU's load level, providing a useful visual guide for both casual and hardcore gamers.

The new ROG Matrix card includes GPU Tweak, an easy-to-use utility that gives users intuitive control over GPU and video-memory clock speeds and voltages, cooling-fan speeds and power-consumption thresholds, so they can overclock easily and with high confidence.

The exclusive ROG edition of GPU Tweak adds detailed GPU load-line calibration and VRM-frequency tuning, allowing incredibly fine control over multiple parameters for maximum overclocking and the potential to break world records.

As well, the GPU Tweak Streaming tool lets users share on-screen action over the internet in real time - so others can watch live as games are played. It's even possible to add a title to the streaming window along with scrolling text, pictures and webcam images.

Specification:-
- GPU: Hawaii XT
- Litecoin Hash Rate: 850-1000
- Stream Processors: 2816
- ROPS: 64
- Core Speed: 1050MHz
- Memory Speed: 5400Mhz
- Memory interface: 512-Bit
- Memory capacity: 4096MB GDDR5
- PCI-Express X16 lane required
- 600W or greater PSU required
- Power Connectors: 8-pin + 6-pin required
- Display Outputs: 2x Dual Link DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort
- Warranty: 3yr

Only £299.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

______

Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System - 232 Watts RMS @ £124.99 inc VAT

SP-003-CS_400.jpg

Since you have only one PC speaker system, you don’t want to make sacrifices. That’s why Corsair has created the SP2500.
At its heart are six Class D amplifiers driven by an ultra-efficient power supply. The 8” subwoofer driver is housed in a fourthorder bypass enclosure for clean, tight bass response that can seriously shake the room. The bi-amplified satellites use specially developed 3” drivers and custom-designed, ferrofluid-cooled 1” silk dome tweeters for detailed audio reproduction across the entire spectrum with great stereo imaging and a generous sweet spot. A programmable digital signal processor lets you craft the audio to your liking. It’s all under your command with the 1.8” (4.6cm) color display desktop controller.
- 232 Watts RMS of continuous power delivery through six Class D amplifiers
- 8” subwoofer with durable rubber surround in a fourth-order bandpass enclosure
- Bi-amplified satellites with 3” drivers and 1” ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeters
- Clean, high-fidelity audio reproduction with excellent stereo imaging
- Programmable digital signal processor for advanced dynamic audio processing
- Wired desktop controller with 1.8” (4.6cm) color TFT display and multi-lingual interface

Specification:
- Frequency response of 35Hz – 20kHz +- 3dB
- 232 Watts of total power (measured via FTC “RMS” method)
- Subwoofer: 18.1” x 10.2” x 11.7” (46 x 25.8 x 29.7cm) enclosure with fourth-order bandpass design for accurate bass reproduction
- Subwoofer: 8” subwoofer driver with durable rubber surround
- Subwoofer: Bridged dual 60 Watt class-D amplifiers with integrated DSP for 120W of power (measured via FTC “RMS” method)
- Subwoofer: Ultra-efficient integral power supply with 100V – 240V AC input
- Satellites: Bi-amplified, two-way design with detachable audio cables
- Satellites: 3” midrange drivers
- Satellites: 1” custom-designed, ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeters
- Satellites: 4.25” x 4.7” x 6.25” (10.8 x 12 x 15.9cm) enclosures with asymmetrical tweeter placement for superior stereo imaging
- I/O, Controls, and Programming: PC input on subwoofer
- I/O, Controls, and Programming: Dual 3.5mm auxiliary inputs (one on subwoofer, one on desktop controller)
- I/O, Controls, and Programming: 3.5mm headphone out with digital signal processing
- I/O, Controls, and Programming: Wired desktop controller with 1.8” (4.6cm) color display and multi-lingual interface
- I/O, Controls, and Programming: Digital signal processor with active crossover capability
- I/O, Controls, and Programming: Mod X™ theatrical audio processing for Blu-Ray and DVD audio that recreates the theatre experience
- I/O, Controls, and Programming: Dynamic DSP programs and EQ curves for late night listening, environment simulation, and optimal enjoyment of games, movies, and music
- Package Contents: x1 subwoofer, x2 satellites, x1 desktop controller with 6’ (1.8M) cable, 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable for PC input, 6’ (1.8m) satellite cables with ATX connectors, Power cable, User Guide
- Retail box dimensions: 22.75in L x 19.75in W x 15.75in H (57.8cm x 50cm x 40cm)
- Weight: 30.75 lb (13.9 kg)

Only £124.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
Gutted, just as I went to pay for the SP2500 instead of paying it refreshed the page and put the price up to normal price... Been looking at it for so long and was so happy to find it on offer!

Associate
13 lucky people picked them up at that price, I hope you all enjoy :)

I was one! :)
I actually grabbed the speaker set this morning expecting to pay full price along with the "Black Friday only" sale item I was already ordering...
Turned out it had dropped its price as I was going through the sales process!
Needless to say I was very happy to receive a savings I hadn't even anticipated! :D

Excellent stuff OcUK! ;)

Soldato
Well Corsair offered me a deal so I took it with black friday in mind :)

The speakers are being made end of life too so it was a good send off for one of the best 2.1 speakers in the market

I get my last shipment before christmas

Soldato
No one in their right mind should buy the ROG 290X, I had it for 1 day and sent it back to you guys, It's terrible, Doesn't overclock well compared to any other 290X, EVERY reviewer said the same, And the temps on it suck so much they make an oven seem cool as all they did was get the 780 Ti ROG MP block and dumped it onto the 290X, Worst card I ever owned.

Now Sapphire, They are the shizznitz !

Associate
Wow, Was looking to buy these for Christmas just saw these and there gone :,(

Edit, The Corsair SP2500's.

Last edited:
Associate

The speakers are being made end of life too so it was a good send off for one of the best 2.1 speakers in the market

I assume they're being replaced since theyre nearing EOL? Needless to say, I love my SP2500's. Payed £180 about 2 years ago and still think they're quality 2.1's/

Associate

No chance of a repeat offer for cyber monday? :D

I know myself and a perhaps a few others would be very keen to place an order for a set of these if a little discount could be applied :)

Back
Top Bottom