**TODAY ONLY! 15/01/2015** LG Flatron 29UB55-P 29" WideScreen Super-Wide & TeamGroup Vulcan RED 8GB

OcUK Staff
LG Flatron 29UB55-P 29" WideScreen Super-Wide LED Monitor @ £239.99 inc VAT

MO-129-LG_400.jpg

The 21:9 ratio is the perfect professional fit for software engineers, video / sound editors, and graphic designers. Imagine 2 conventional high quality monitors attached for multi-tasking, but their screens connect and extend seamlessly. Now you can use a program with long-range panoramic view in full length, without any bezel in the middle or dragging cursors. No longer divide your focus into separate monitors, the 29UB55 is the perfect companion for your profession.

Like other smart devices, the 29UB55's Pivot & Height Adjustable feature allows you to simply rotate the screen to fit vertically long images or files. When pivoting, you can easily adjust its height too. Leave dragging and scrolling behind. Let the monitor adjust to your images and needs.

Connect two devices to a single monitor with Dual Link-up that allows an HDMI + HDMI link. Now you and your colleague can simply bring each other's devices and connect to a single monitor to share and compare information. Freely show and control your screen while watching your partner doing the same on the opposite side of the monitor. Don't bother installing annoying projectors in your small room or worry when your conference room is occupied, the 29UB55 is here for you.

With its wide screen ratio, now you can open 4 programs on a single screen to see your information in a single glance while working. The size of sub screens is user-controlled. The 29UB65 is compatible with Mac® and not only provides convenience but also productivity in a single click, you can split your screen into 2 to 4 subscreens.

Reducing blue light to protect your eyes, Reader Mode provides optimal condition for reading. With just a touch of a button, you can comfortably read on the monitor for as long as you would like to.

As LG IPS Monitor features consistency and less changes in colour temperature, it offers a colour impression identical to that of the original image. You can enjoy lifelike picture picture quality without any colour shift whether you are standing or lying down. It allows you to enjoy any content, such as action movies, web surfing and RPG games for a long time in comfort.

Protect your eyes from exhausting flickers and blue lights. LG's new Flicker Safe system is always on to reduce the flicker level to almost-zero. In addition, activate the Reader Mode to minimize harmful blue lights with a simple touch of a hot-key. Spend as long as you want working, gaming, or watching movies without burdening your eyes. Use the convenient and easy hot keys for more satisfaction.

The joystick is a harmony of accurate menu controls and analogue sensitivity. With the fun control of a conventional joystick, its modern technology and design allow for simple control with a pleasant touch. In addition, intuitive UI with no overlapping is easier to understand and select menus.

Specification:-
- Screen size (inches): 29"
- Panel Type: IPS
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 2560*1080
- Brightness (cd/m2): 250
- Contrast Ratio: 50000000:1
- Viewing Angle (°): 178/178
- Colour Depth (Num of Colours): 16.7M (6-Bit +FRC)
- Colour Gamut: sRGB 100%
- Surface Treatment: Hard Coating (3H), Anti-Glare
- Connectivity: 1x DVI-D, 2x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort
- Speakers: 2x 5W
- Height adjust stand
- Warranty: 2yr

Only £239.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

_____

TeamGroup Vulcan RED 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-19200C11 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit (TLRED38G2400HC11CDC01) @ £49.99 inc VAT

MY-061-TG_400.jpg

Named after the god of fire in Greek mythology, the Team Vulcan is the combination of high-end craftsmanship and top-notch technology. The short version heat sink of Team Vulcan prevents difficulty in installation due to large and bulky heat dissipation device of motherboard. The arrow-shaped opening design helps increase heat dissipation. In addition, the explosively red color combined with diamond cut pattern not only shows great texture but also the crazy sensation of over-clocking speed.

Made of chips from major manufacturers, Team Vulcan passes series of harsh testing and verification procedures which have proven its stability and durability. Currently, DDR3 2400 CL10, DDR3 2133 CL11, DDR3 1866 CL9/10/11 and DDR3 1600 CL9 are available to cover the mainstream Dual- and Quad-channel specifications that pretty much satisfy the demands of players of all levels.

Features:-
- Module Type 240Pin Unbuffered DIMM Non ECC
- CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS 11-13-13-35
- DRAM Density 128x8 / 256x8 / 512x8
- Data transfer bandwidth 19,200MB/Sec (PC3 19200)
- Heat Sink Aluminum heat-sink
- Working voltage 1.55V-1.65V
- Warranty Lifetime warranty
- Haswell & AMD Richland compatible

Only £49.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
Lovely monitor at an amazing price, but I think I'll see what freesync brings to the table before making the plunge for a new screen and GPU

Soldato
Because I've not put it in there yet, will appear in there later today. :)

Mainly asking because I regularly check out the super wide section, I think the chances are that my next monitor will be 21:9, but I'm trying to hold out to see what g-sync free-sync editions come out...

If the "auto adjusting" random popup for ~1-10 seconds in the middle of my iiyama E2403ws does not drive me insane while racing!

Was this LG a brand new release to the UK market and/or new to OCuk? When I googled it yesterday, there was not much useful links coming up.

Might have made some more tempted if you it had been stated that the today only price was £239.99, but today it is £299.99! ;)

Associate
How does the monitor compare to the 29UB65 ?
A friend has the 29UB65 and its great ive been on the look out for something similar.

Associate
LG Flatron 29UB55-P 29" WideScreen Super-Wide LED Monitor @ £239.99 inc VAT

MO-129-LG_400.jpg

The 21:9 ratio is the perfect professional fit for software engineers, video / sound editors, and graphic designers. Imagine 2 conventional high quality monitors attached for multi-tasking, but their screens connect and extend seamlessly. Now you can use a program with long-range panoramic view in full length, without any bezel in the middle or dragging cursors. No longer divide your focus into separate monitors, the 29UB55 is the perfect companion for your profession.

Can I get some info on this monitor please? Very interested.
At the moment my only concern is the 6bit+frc colour vs 8bit in the next one up, the LG 29UM65.

Is the 8bit panel a superior screen?

Associate
That monitor is very tempting but am undecided on getting a TV and using it as a monitor as well or just getting a bigger monitor.

Back
Top Bottom