Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
OP
btw you notice pretty much all the old soviet republics are now arming up?

Rightly so, its going to save them in case Russia decides to invade them.

Especially the Baltics, those guys are truly lethal

103594988_getImage__14_.jpg

Soldato
Yeah so Michael Fallon says in today's papers. Bit of a reckless thing to come out with in my opinion. Especially for a defence secretary.
Headline grabbing speculation.

Caporegime
Baltics and Belarus next.

Thought Belarus was already part of Putin's customs union? i.e. under his control.

Yeah so Michael Fallon says in today's papers. Bit of a reckless thing to come out with in my opinion. Especially for a defence secretary.
Headline grabbing speculation.

You call it speculation but others including myself would see it as identifying possible future threats so we can start to plan for them. IMO first thing we should do is increase the defence budget significantly.

Soldato
These "rebels" need to tread carefully, some of the flags they fly are dangerously close to the LGBT community's Rainbow flag. One misplaced stripe and Putler'll turn on them at the drop of his rather camp Stetson hat! :eek:

Associate
Here we go again:

Russia's UN ambassador Vitaly Churkin has denounced Ukraine's call for the deployment of UN peacekeepers in eastern Ukraine as a destructive move.

The leadership of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic described the call for peacekeepers as a violation of the Minsk accords.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31530252

Maybe if the rebels werent expanding during a ceasefire this wouldnt have happened, not sure how this is Ukraines fault? Very rich of the DPR to point out others violations, "people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones".

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
There is only 3 options. Western goverments will take option B,

Option A - Full out war

Option B - Increase spending on Defence, get more in NATO flex muscles, back room conflicts, cold war scenerio. Worthless sanctions that mean nothing as we still need GAS.

Option C - Invest in alternative energy sources that is not reliant on GAS, Oil so we are not held to ransom every winter.

Soldato
Option C - Invest in alternative energy sources that is not reliant on GAS, Oil so we are not held to ransom every winter.
western Europe isnt too bad, but as russia has for years given eastern Europe gas on a "ah no worries pay it back in a bit" scheme for political leverage they are stuck at the moment. baltics in particular. even energy dependence wouldn't counter his movements though.

I would put C at "do nothing, watch as he takes everything"

sum of Debaltseve cost according to ukraine forces is

2500 evacuated, 2000 vehicles taken with them.
82 missing, 90 captured, at least 22 confirmed killed (in the treaty weekend and collapse) with at least 112 wounded.

Battle for Shyrokyne on the road to mariupol is the new focus point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom