**TODAY ONLY! 16/03/2015** Acer Predator XB270HA 27" G-Sync 144Hz Gaming Monitor & Dell UltraSharp U

OcUK Staff
Acer Predator XB270HA 27" G-Sync 144Hz Gaming Widescreen LED Monitor - Black/Red @ £359.99 inc VAT

MO-067-AC_400.jpg

Acer XB270HA gaming monitor as the world’s first 1080P 27" display featuring NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ technology to provide stunning, ultra-smooth, tear-free imagery and rich colors for outstanding gaming experiences. It features Acer’s flicker-less, low-dimming and ComfyView technologies that reduce strain on the eyes for smooth and comfortable extensive viewing.

The Acer XB270HA is intended to be paired with enthusiast PCs for immersive, ultra high-end gaming. It features a spacious 27-inch LED backlit display with True HD (1920 x 1080 pixels).

With a GeForce® GTX™-powered PC, NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ display technology synchronizes the display’s refresh rates to the GPU to eliminate screen tearing and minimize display stutter and input lag to deliver smoother, faster, more breathtaking gaming experiences. Scenes appear instantly, objects look sharper and more vibrant, and gameplay is more fluid and responsive providing gamers with significant performance advantages.

The Acer XB270HA features 170/160 degree viewing angles so that brilliantly-colored images can be seen from almost every angle. DisplayPort™ v1.2 transmits video signals and four USB 3.0 ports are conveniently located at the side and bottom of the display for connecting to keyboard, mouse or mobile devices.

The Acer XB280HA monitor is made with post-consumer recycled plastic and features a distinctive red ring on the base stand. The multi-functional ErgoStand allows the screen to tilt from -5° to 35° to ensure the best viewing angle; the base rotates 120° from left or right for easy screen sharing; the panel height can be raised by up to 150 mm for optimum comfort; and the screen pivots from horizontal to vertical for more viewing perspectives.

This eco-friendly monitor features a mercury- and arsenic-free panel, LED backlighting for reduced power consumption, and is ENERGY STAR®(1) qualified.

Features:

- Flicker-less technology – stable power supply eliminates screen flicker particularly beneficial for heavy users by helping to reduce eye strain.
- Low dimming technology – adjust to as low as 15 percent brightness in low light environments to make it easy on the eyes. Standard monitor settings start at 30 percent brightness level.
- ComfyView technology – the non-glare panel reduces reflection from light source.
Specification:

- G-Sync Technology
- 3D Vision Technology
- Flicker-less Technology
- Height Adjust stand with tilt, swivel and pivot
- Display Screen Size: 27"
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Panel Type: TN
- Brightness: 300cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (Typ)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 10,000,000
- Resolution: 1920x1080 144Hz
- Response Time: 1ms (GTG)
- Colurs: 16.7M
- Bits: 8 bits
- Viewing Angle (H / V ): 170 ° / 160 °
- Connectivity: 1x DisplayPort 1.2 (144Hz)
- USB Hub 3.0: Yes (1up, 4down)
- VESA: 100x100mm
- Speakers: No
- Warranty: 2yr (On-Site with Acer - 0371 760 1000)

Only £359.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

_______

Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" Curved Widescreen LED Monitor - Midnight Black **A01 Revision** @ £649.99 inc VAT

MO-081-DE_400.jpg

Discover one of the world’s first 34 inch 21:9 curved monitors with a panoramic view, cinematic WQHD resolution and superb sound.

Enter a new dimension of multitasking with a curved monitor that delivers an immersive, panoramic screen that surrounds your senses with amazingly detailed edge-to-edge WQHD (3440x1440) imagery and crystal-clear sound. More connectivity features allow you to multitask on-screen or game without interruption.

Your Dell UltraSharp 34 Curved Monitor – U3415W is designed to be pixel perfect. That’s why if you find even just one bright pixel, we’ll replace it under our Premium Panel Guarantee. Should you need help down the road, this high-performance monitor also comes with a 3-year Limited Hardware Warranty. Enjoy hassle-free convenience as you update your monitor’s firmware with the new Firmware Update Utility software.

Features:
- An immersive panoramic experience: The DellTM UltraSharp 34 inch Curved Monitor engages you in a new wrap-around viewing experience with a 21:9 ultra-wide curved screen that offers more display area and enhanced viewing comfort.
- Unrivaled usability: Navigate across multiple applications and video inputs with Picture by Picture and Picture in Picture features.
- Above and beyond reliable: Get the most from you monitor with our Premium Panel Guarantee, 3-year Limited Hardware Warranty and 3-year Advanced Exchange Service and the Firmware Update Utility Software.

Specification:-
- Screen Size Class (diagonal): 34" Curved
- Panel Type: IPS
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 3440x1440
- Color Gamut (CIE1931): sRGB 99%
- Brightness (typical): 300 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio(Original): 1000:1 (200,000,000:1 DCR)
- Response Time: 5ms
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): 178/172
- Colour Depth (Num of Colours): 1.07B (8-Bit+FRC)
- Pixel Pitch (mm): 0.2325
- Surface Treatment: Anti-Glare 3H
- Connectivity: 2x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort & 1x Mini-DisplayPort
- Speakers: 2x 9W
- Weight: 8.44kg
- Warranty: 3yr (On-Site with Dell - 0844 444 4699)

Only £649.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
I have had two of those Dells (Rev A00 and A01), and returned them both due to backlight bleed.

And yet here I am, still tempted to try my luck at the Dell Monitor Lottery, they really are gorgeous screens :(

Associate
I have had two of those Dells (Rev A00 and A01), and returned them both due to backlight bleed.

And yet here I am, still tempted to try my luck at the Dell Monitor Lottery, they really are gorgeous screens :(

Are you able to tell me if there is a noticeable improvement between the A00 and the A01 revisions?

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Out of interest, were you running the dell display management software?

Yeah, I saw that video too, and did run the Dell Management software at times, but did not notice a real benefit. When set to Automatic mode, the software dynamically adjusts the brightness/contrast based upon the program which currently has focus. So it's useful in a way, but honestly I found it really annoying as I would have multiple windows open side by side and it would be constantly changing the screen settings as each new window got focus.

Say you have Chrome & MS Word snapped to your screen, when you are working on the MS Word document the entire screen will adjust to whatever settings you apply to MS Word (so say you have the darkness lower, because you have a big white page, etc. It will make everything darker, including whatever you have open on the snapped Chrome window). When you click on Chrome to start working there, it will change the whole screens settings again, if you set up a different profile for Chrome. I found it more annoying than helpful, but I guess it depends on how you intend to use the monitor. I turned off the Automatic function.

Back
Top Bottom