• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Mei

Mei

Soldato
qkqkqkqk <3 ducks
you had a chance to play gta yet?
it needs mods but looks like it runs great
MKX has some online lag but more fun to watch i think

Associate
Matt, is it still the plan that there will be a driver release in April with the xfire Freesync update? I love my new BenQ monitor but am itching to try out Freesync now as well :)

Caporegime
OP
qkqkqkqk <3 ducks
you had a chance to play gta yet?
it needs mods but looks like it runs great
MKX has some online lag but more fun to watch i think

Only a little bit, it looks so amazing though i can see myself playing it a lot...soon. Very busy with work atm. :(

I'll test Dying Light later and see what's what. Can I ask, I remember you stating that there may need to be a patch to enable CF properly due to the way they display textures? What exactly has the "better Dying Light" profile done? I'll find out later :)

There have been two Dying Light patches since then, but I've not personally had chance to test it myself. Either way, we've enabled it now. :)

Matt, is it still the plan that there will be a driver release in April with the xfire Freesync update? I love my new BenQ monitor but am itching to try out Freesync now as well :)

As far as i know, yes. :)

Associate
Matt, I'm still having issues with the corruption in the bottom right-hand corner. The problems in the video have disappeared. Also seen another person in the official GTA thread with the same issue.

Soldato
BF4 is broken on both Mantle and DX11 for me on 15.4. Stuttering has completely gone but it is now flickering really badly, hurts my eyes. Anyone else getting the weird flickering corruption in BF4?

Matt: Do you mind seeing if your having this issue?

Think my post disappeared into the AMD Driver thread abyss. :p

Matt, I'm still having issues with the corruption in the bottom right-hand corner. The problems in the video have disappeared. Also seen another person in the official GTA thread with the same issue.

MSAA appears to be the culprit. Disabled all AA and it disappeared. Enabled FXAA and reflection AA and it stayed away. Enabled MSAA and it came back.

I'm getting the exact same issue with MSAA turned on too.

Last edited:
Soldato
4K Monitor, popping and flickering like no tomorrow. Latest beta drivers. Tried two DP cables. I'm probably going need to find a more expensive cable, i've no idea what to look for in DP, vesa certified etc.. ?

1440p on HDMI is fine.

Montior is the aoc u2868pqu.

Soldato
4K Monitor, popping and flickering like no tomorrow. Latest beta drivers. Tried two DP cables. I'm probably going need to find a more expensive cable, i've no idea what to look for in DP, vesa certified etc.. ?

1440p on HDMI is fine.

Montior is the aoc u2868pqu.

I am using a Startech Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable and it works very well at 4K so I would recommend Startech.

Caporegime
OP
Back
Top Bottom