• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
common sense really bud, 1.3v would be the limit or there about for me.

Anyone else using Fury x's tried Rainbowsix siege? It's totally unplayable for me, graphically corruption everywhere, clocks not going higher than 400, fps is stuck on 5 regardless of settings, disabling CF has no impact.

Edit- Just resinstalled the betas, constant 1050 on fallout4, as nice as the new drivers are to look at, there's still to many issues to make it an enjoy experience for me, promising though it is.

Regardless, i think i've come to the end of the line now with these cards, going to hurt putting them on the MM, but i'm just not getting on with them at all, the performance is there, but it's so sporadic, which is a shame.

All the effort you have put in to them surely deserves 1 more try, You never know the next driver might fix all your problems.

Associate
I installed Crimson and Fallout 4 fell to pieces at 4k. It was awful, even in closed spaces (where performance is usually the best).

I then realised AMD have removed the cat betas. Nice /rolls eyes. Any way managed to find them on my PC and reinstalled them. However they left Crimson CCC behind so I had to run a full removal then reinstall the CATS. I won't be trying Crimson again any time soon, I'm too scared it will stop me playing FO4.

I had the opposite experience.. before this driver I had to leave the game at 1440p due to so many random stutters and drops. Now on crimson I'm back at 4k same graphics settings running beautifully :) Hope you get it sorted, no one should have to go down from 4k!!!

Associate
Soldato
Am i right in thinking that FreeSync ONLY works via the DP ? So multiple displays with FreeSync is not possible from a single GPU ??

Fury cards have 3 DP connectors (I think) so you could use 3 FREESYNC monitors with those.

Also, I think, for Crossfire, you can only use the top GPU, so for cards with only 1 DisplayPort multiple GPUs won't help. I think you can use multiple cards if you don't run crossfire, but I'm guessing you'd want to game with FreeSync so would probably want to Crossfire multiple cards if you had them.

Last edited:
Soldato
No problems with fan speed here but the Crimson drivers are hit and miss at the moment. Some games a getting decent performance but some like Witcher 3 are worse in crossfire. The profiles don't seem to have FRTC working. Let's see if they fix the issues with the next update.

Caporegime
OP
All though my 7950 has no problems with temps, Crimson drivers keep setting fan speed to default min speed of 23% and not auto after every reboot.

It's a bug, we're planning to fix this and some of the other commonly mentioned issues in Crimson in a soon to be released driver.

You can fix this particular issue by performing a fresh reinstallation of the drivers, but this time do not touch the fan speed setting in Global Overdrive within Crimson. This should leave the default setting and not cause this issue to occur.

Am i right in thinking that FreeSync ONLY works via the DP ? So multiple displays with FreeSync is not possible from a single GPU ??

At this particular moment in time, yes only via DisplayPort. However, FreeSync via HDMI is coming.

Soldato
It's a bug, we're planning to fix this and some of the other commonly mentioned issues in Crimson in a soon to be released driver.

You can fix this particular issue by performing a fresh reinstallation of the drivers, but this time do not touch the fan speed setting in Global Overdrive within Crimson. This should leave the default setting and not cause this issue to occur.

At this particular moment in time, yes only via DisplayPort. However, FreeSync via HDMI is coming.

That's good to know mate. The most important thing is releasing fast fixes.

Soldato

Obviosuly the new Q&A team and etc..isnt impressing the users
Memory bug slips trough, fan bug burning peoples card slips trough,
pretty much unacceptable stuff so whoever plan the logistics and the survey at amd for this kinda suck at their job.

Back
Top Bottom