What is going on (boring rant)

Soldato
From a societal point of view I am beginning to despair at the influence of social media for negative purposes. I cannot see too many tangible benefits to SM. If it were being used to propagate democracy for persecuted citizens in despotic regimes then I can see the value but beyond that it seems to give impunity to some pretty bad behaviour and platform for unsubstantiated opinion. I think its fair to say that yes we are doomed!

Economically, we will go up and down, we always have, the poor will be poor, the rich will be rich, and the deluded fools in the middle will continue to think they are worse or better off than they actually are. Its a bad sign when winning the lottery no longer makes you financially set for life, unless its a rollover.
Tend to agree with you on the social media point.
It is awful, the professionally offended, the completely intolerant, and the utterly retarded all meeting under the guise of social, political and celebrity culture.
The levels of awfulness continue to increase, and I see now sign of this abating.
Watching some media content from other countries, Muslim worlds where people have been relaxed and tolerant, and watching over time where one not remotely extreme woman got married, changed her world views, changed her media posting, and from the occasion post now posts diatribe after meme after trumpstylefact (not a fact, but made to make some look awful), this spread of intolerance will become acceptable as less and less speak up against her, and the tolerance shifts a notch towards jihad acceptance.
Post truth society is an awful place.

I can see it lead to a very messy society here in 30 years, as the breeding populations start to fulfil an eventual political destiny.
I don't think the society my grandchildren live within will be a nice one. I hope I am wrong.

Soldato
Well that's cheered me up no end

It's not just Overclockerererers who think the UK is heading for doom and gloom:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38459135

"Brexit is the firing gun on a decade of disruption"
"The UK is likely to remain trapped in a low growth, low interest rate decade driven by demographic shifts, productivity trends, weak investment, weak labour power, high levels of debt, and the headwinds of a slowing global economy."

You're welcome!

Soldato
Given how many us are buying things now that we don't really need despite some companies already greedily increasing prices, for fear of what things will cost following Article 50, I think the UK is going to need a big dose of antidepressants in the near future.

Soldato
Yep, we're up **** creek. I blame the media.

This. 100%.

A couple of years ago, on these very forums, I wrote about fears that the media is trying to destroy the world. Then about 6 months ago I saw them using subliminal messaging instructing black people to kill white police officers. That just 100% confirmed it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I do not see why people are concerned, especially about the economy.
The BBC scaremongering, is so shallow, that any logical person who has some dignity can search in more than one place for the real news.

Even yesterday, BoE said that the country grew faster than any other western country, and we are up for a good 2017 also.

And I can see it on my sector also, feeling more optimistic for the 2017 than 2016.

While Brexit going to be better for all of us, cheapening the farming imports from outside the EU even on the most basic things.

Why? The importers wont have to pay the 18% CAP to the European Commission.

Back
Top Bottom