The All New Desktop Thread, Images No Larger Than 800x600

Dru

Dru

Associate
stuppy said:
Dru

Have you ever considered writing some kind of guides to gettin results that you get from modding your desktop? Like how to mod shell icons such as folders and such?

Funny you should mention that actually. I'm writing a guide to put on my website at the moment as it happens. It covers all of the basics so far and I'm going to add it in the next few days. Then after that I'll be revising it bit by bit and covering everything in greater detail. The time consuming bit is getting screenshots and that kind of thing, I've got a few done but I'm thinking of adding more later at the moment.

I'll post in here when it's up on my site, possibly tomorrow if I get some time tonight to check it through :)

Permabanned
I'd definately read it. Since getting my laptop and having a reall nice display, i've taken a bit more notice of what my workspace looks like. Im using the Flyakite OSX thingie, but there are certain icons and things that I would like to mess with myself but just dunno where to start!.

I'm quite a fan of your website, desktops and other bits and bobs that you do - think its some good stuff. And look forward to reading your guides!

Soldato
Just a thought.....

Maybe you could have a wikipedia style thing, where people can add there own tutorials and edit and stuff like that........make the whole thing easier on you :p

Conrad

Last edited:

Dru

Dru

Associate
Conrad11 said:
Just a thought.....

Maybe you could have a wikipedia style thing, where people can add there own tutorials and edit and stuff like that........make the whole thing easier on you :p

Conrad

Ooooh nice idea! I think I'll get this guide up tomorrow and then research some good wiki software and possibly set one up!!! :)

Dru

Dru

Associate
Okay so this guide is starting to look like it's going to be very hard to manage as it's easily going to make it several pages long. If I setup a wiki then I can add things incrementally and not only that but you guys can help too. I'm going to use mediawiki but if anyone happens to know that it's pants or recommends some other software I'm all ears as I've not setup a wiki before! I'll post again with the link soon.

Soldato
I believe Adz is doing a similar thing with the OCuk Hosting Review site, so it might be good to talk to him. I would be happy to help if I can too.

Anyways here is my latest desktop:

Theme: VistaXP
Programs: AveDesk 1.3 - ObjectDock
Icons: Agua System Icons
Wallpaper: Nice Girl from Lynx Touch Advert (Stretched)

What I have done of my ScreenSaver:

Program: Samurize
Configs: DesktopWeather - UKTV5
Background: Nice Girl from Lynx Touch Advert

Input on what other things I can put in my screensaver would be apprechiated.

Conrad

Last edited:

Dru

Dru

Associate
Stylebuilder is what I use when I'm editing themes you can get it from tgtsoft.com but it costs!

EDIT

I didn't really like the whole wiki thing so I'm going to put the guide up tomorrow. It may not cover absolutely everything but rest assured I'll be adding to it daily and eventually it will! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
messiah khan said:
Very nice desktop there Mr L, nice to see that you are using the amazing Foton theme ;)
lol I know it's very popular but I have been looking for something I like for 2 days. I find a wallpaper I like then I try and find a VS I like, and goes with the wallpaper, and I can't. It just goes on and on, at least my now playing app is pretty original. :D

Dru

Dru

Associate
stuppy said:
Dru,

Ive noticed you've put the first section of your Customising Windows section, I would be most interested in your guide to changing system icons etc. :)

I'm working on it :) Finished decorating the living room downstairs today so hopefully I'll be able to finish writing the system icons section tomorrow :)

Back
Top Bottom