Error code 0x80070015 on Vista during instalation.

Associate
has anyone of ya got any clue what the error is for ? I get this message on the screen when Vista is expanding files , fist time it stopped @\12% , second at 21% , third at 1 % with message error code 0x80070015 ??????

Help needed. Could it be that my P5W DH Deluxe BIOS is too old ? Any ideas?

Edited: What could be the reason for such a error? too old HDD?
Vista DVD Disk corrupted?

I have just updated Bios for my p5W DH Deluxe , have set everything to default , nothing i dunno what else to do . Please your help needed guys !

Last edited:
Associate
A quick Google shows error code 0x80070015 equates to the Win32 error "The device is not ready".

Could be the DVD drive or hard drive or possibly the Vista DVD.

Have you got another DVD drive you could try ?

Associate
OP
nop i have only 1 DVD drive :(

just tryed again after i updated my BIOS and got the message under :(

Windows cannot install required files,The file Does not exist make sure all files required for instalation are available ,and restart instalation.Error code 0x80070003

Tryed all this ! Now ordering new DVD Drive !

First > Make sure the disc is completely clean as it may be the disc has a
spec of dust or the disc might not be working properly all together.

2) Secondly Set Boot order in bios and make sure you main Hard Drive you are
installing vista on is set to be booted 1st. then DVD rom etc (To get to
boot order you will have to press something like F12 depending on bios.

3) Make sure your Bios is upto date

4) Unplug any peripherals such as, printers, external drives, microphone
webcams etc

5) If you have a second hard drive remove it install vista then add second
HDD back in as it maybe detecting or trying to install to second hard drive
(if you have one)

6) Check you got all the latest drivers for motherboard etc and make sure
all components support vista.

7) If all fails then copy the Vista disc at a slow speed maybe 2x and then
try as it may be the disc.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I had he same problem when I first installed Vista. Found out it was the DVD drive, after I updated the firmware for the drive it installed fine.

hi there, can ya tell me plz what is firmware , and was it for DVD drive or HDD and how did you updated it ?

cheers

vai

Soldato
Firmware is just like a new BIOS for your motherboard, just think of it as a kind of BIOS for your DVD-Drive that you don't change settings on :) You can download the firmware including the firmware installation utility from the manufacters website.

Associate
OP
Firmware is just like a new BIOS for your motherboard, just think of it as a kind of BIOS for your DVD-Drive that you don't change settings on :) You can download the firmware including the firmware installation utility from the manufacters website.

didnt help :( , getting new DVD Dive tomorow , will give it ago !

Soldato
You installing from bios or within windows?

if its within windows (regardless of upgrade or fresh install) there's a wee patch you need to apply first

in fact have you got an Xp install? if so can bypass this error if you like?

Soldato
hi there, can ya tell me plz what is firmware , and was it for DVD drive or HDD and how did you updated it ?

cheers

vai

I had to update firmware on the DVD drive, can’t remember what make it was but I downloaded the firmware from the manufactures website and followed the instructions. If you’re getting a new DVD drive then you should be fine.

Associate
OP
You installing from bios or within windows?

if its within windows (regardless of upgrade or fresh install) there's a wee patch you need to apply first

in fact have you got an Xp install? if so can bypass this error if you like?

yes i got XP Home Edition on atm , how could I bypass would like to know incase if my new DVD Drive wont help tomorow !
And what do you mean installing from Bios ? And i have full install Disk !

cheers

vai

Soldato
Sorry i didnt mean installing from the bios i just ment from outside windows. Just worded it very baddly.

Right mate, boot into XP home.

download and install vlite from here

http://www.vlite.net/download.html

on the first run it will ask you to install some little driver, do so.

restart

boot into windows, put disk in try and start installation. it may still fail.

in which case, start vlite again - point it at your dvd drive. let it extract the files somewhere and just hit next next next next on all the windows until you get to the last window which will let you create an ISO out of the files. do that. mount the iso - install from that.

hope that makes sense

Associate
OP
hmmm ok i might give it a go . New DVD Drive didn't do any good same only stopped at 10% while expanding files , i also did burn Vista on new DVD Disk 4x speed , same result ! pffff

Soldato
:)

The patch is ment to fix the error. But for some reason i found for myself it dosent always, but even if you make no changes what so ever vlite-ing an iso for some reason works wounders.

Deffo worth a shot.

While your at it you could always customize your vista install as well :)

need any help just give me a shout

Associate
OP
:)

The patch is ment to fix the error. But for some reason i found for myself it dosent always, but even if you make no changes what so ever vlite-ing an iso for some reason works wounders.

Deffo worth a shot.

While your at it you could always customize your vista install as well :)

need any help just give me a shout

So i just download vLite Installer | 1.5MB install and yada yada yada ok ,,,,,,,,, doing it now!!!!
on the first run it will ask you to install some little driver, do so.

restart
Ok it didnt work , didn't let me install from Windows !

point it at your dvd drive. let it extract the files somewhere
When i point it to a dvd drive it says please select or make a new folder where to extract the files so i made a new folder and now it is copying files ,total time of around 23 minutes it says is that about right ?Then I made new iso file!
and what do you mean by saying this ?
While your at it you could always customize your vista install as well
What would be the best and how to customize it ?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
so I made a new ISO and i am burning it to a new DVD Disk atm , is that about right and then i shall try and will be able to instal it from new Disk ? It says 3.4gb size of iso file is that right as well ?

Edited: First time i see now that it did manage to get far as 65% but it just stopped at 65% , which is very interesting and i cant figure out if it is going to stop at 65% or no ! Why i mean , what could be the reason , before it usually stopped at 12 % Expanding files and once at 21% and that was it ! Ehmmm i still got a small hope inside me that it is going to start moving again or i will get the error message any time soon :/!

Edited: It did work , thank you very much

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom