Votes: 222 15.4%
  • Normal Conquest

Votes: 507 35.2%
  • Hardcore Conquest

Votes: 229 15.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
bc2r.jpg

Thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video's all welcome!

IF YOU WANT YOUR SERVER ADDED PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE THRO TRUST

BC2 Servers:

TFU/OcUK Public server:

HARDCORE:

HARDCORE SQDM:

OUR WEBSITE AND WHERE TO SIGN UP CAN BE FOUND @ www.TheFallenUnit.co.uk

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Looks good :)

edit:

Could you add Link to Insanity to our server admin list please?

Also, If you're still up for admin sharing, then me/uv/Link are happy to join in that (and obviously add yourself to admin list on our server too in that case)

Soldato
Posted on consoles thread, but relevant and essential reading for this too;

KNiVES' handy guide to getting points from things that doesn't involve indiscriminate killing

The Q button;
- spots an enemy and highlights him for everyone else in your team
- requests ammo/health off the relevant teammate (ammo from assault, health from medic)
- tells squad to attack/defend objectives when aiming at them
- requests a ride when aiming at friendly vehicles

The Q button rewards points for the following;
- a spotted enemy is killed
- a spotted vehicle is destroyed
- an objective you ordered to defend/attack is defended/attacked
- fulfilling a teammate's request for ammo/health

Assault class;
- rewards points for supplying team-mates with ammunition and supplies; double for squad mates

Engineer class;
- points are awarded for attempting to engage and heavily damaging vehicles at the least
- repairing friendly vehicles awards points; more so if the vehicle belongs to your squad, empty vehicles also award points as well if recently vacated (doesn't always work, seems a bit finicky)

Recon class;
- the usual spot assist points are awarded from the use of motion sensors
- C4 explosives can be used to damage objectives, awarding objective damage points (the amount needed to outright destroy them are significantly higher in retail)

Medic class;
- rewards points for supplying team-mates with health; double for squad mates
- defibrillating team mates awards points, double for squad mates - also returns the ticket lost for that victim

The Q button is the sole key to turning the tide of battles. It also has massive individual benefits, as points and pins are awarded through intelligent and sustained use of the spotting function. By my anecdotal estimate, 95% of BC2 players don't use it.

Pins are awarded through all of the actions above. For those looking to contribute massively to the fight, or to level up in an effective and efficient manner, it is extremely advisable to follow every single piece of advice possible. This isn't every man for himself, and Bad Company 2 rewards teamwork heavily over solo play. Killing only contributes a tiny fraction of the potential points you amass.

Soldato
OP
Looks good :)

edit:

Could you add Link to Insanity to our server admin list please?

Also, If you're still up for admin sharing, then me/uv/Link are happy to join in that (and obviously add yourself to admin list on our server too in that case)

All done mate, didn't want to just add my name to your admin list with out you confirming it haaha!

Hope every1 is happy with the thread and servers. As i have said Frenchy's server is the OCuk community server but mine is 50/50 clan and OCUK.

Soldato
OP
Cheers :)

Let's hope my steam version doesn't unlock too hideously late compared to all the retail versions...

Thats my worst nightmare! i'm just picking mine up from in store 8am Friday! going to stay up tho the night before so i can get the IP and post it up. Least the game is new so hackers would be joining in there 100's which gives us time to set everything up!

Dave try and jump on vent that night so we can help each other configure the servers!

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Thats my worst nightmare! i'm just picking mine up from in store 8am Friday! going to stay up tho the night before so i can get the IP and post it up. Least the game is new so hackers would be joining in there 100's which gives us time to set everything up!

Dave try and jump on vent that night so we can help each other configure the servers!

Whoa addicted rofl

uv

uv

Soldato
The Q button also advises team-mates to stop/land for mending their vehicle if you're an Engi :)

"Hey, I can repair that for ya!"

Back
Top Bottom