Abu Dhabi Prix 2015, Yas Marina - Race 19/19

Caporegime
Eason reporting in the Times that Hamilton's Merc engineers are getting ******* off with him, as well as senior figures in the Mercedes outfit, and that that Toto "warning" the other day, well Fleet St. as it were are saying that was aimed specifically at Hamilton, one more season and he'll be off I reckon.

Heard that before with Marc Priestley when he was at McLaren - said the same thing about a lot of the engineers and guys at McLaren towards Hamilton's attitude.

In the same way the Telegraph pulled a story out of their ass about Toto and Lauda hating each other? Look at the quotes in the story, one, which says the relationship between the drivers could become a problem. This story comes from literally the Mercedes 'warning' the other day and 3-4 stories have all run a gossip like column using the same quote.

Papers literally make stuff up all the time. When Hamilton is winning they go at Rosberg, when Rosberg wins they go at Hamilton, whoever the champion is gets a huge amount of hate from the media and constant stories like these.

Soldato
Eason reporting in the Times that Hamilton's Merc engineers are getting ******* off with him, as well as senior figures in the Mercedes outfit, and that that Toto "warning" the other day, well Fleet St. as it were are saying that was aimed specifically at Hamilton, one more season and he'll be off I reckon.

Heard that before with Marc Priestley when he was at McLaren - said the same thing about a lot of the engineers and guys at McLaren towards Hamilton's attitude.

Just last night I attended a lecture by Jock Clear, a chap who has considerably more insight into the world of F1 and it's drivers than any of us could hope to have.

He attributed Lewis' recent success in large part due to the fantastic relationship he has with the entire team, the guys at the track, the engineers in the factories etc. to the point he motivates people to work harder for him as much as for Mercedes.

Given Dr Clear was working as Lewis' Race Engineer for a good while, I suspect he's got a much better idea of his relationships with others at Mercedes than most people.

Man of Honour
He was pretty darn appalling for the equipment he had.
Shouldn't be taking up a pointy end car, should go join Massa in midfield or retire again.
He has huge amount of experience so could be very useful for car development, assuming a bottom team could get him to open his mouth for more than "be quite"

Be interesting to know the scoring system, as largely I think it's there about, bit confused why button is so high. Although I expect it's due to large rating against team mate, but the McLaren was so unreliable it gives large errors for that.

Last edited:
Soldato
... saying that was aimed specifically at Hamilton, one more season and he'll be off I reckon.

He's just about to start a £100 million contract in 2016. The payout would be massive to ditch him. Much more likely Rosberg as he is in his final year (i believe?)

Of the two i think without bias Hamilton would be picked any day of the week.

I also think they should go to a number 1/number 2 system, they already heavily bias the lead car so they don't get much chance to race anyway.

smr

smr

Soldato
He's just about to start a £100 million contract in 2016. The payout would be massive to ditch him. Much more likely Rosberg as he is in his final year (i believe?)

Of the two i think without bias Hamilton would be picked any day of the week.

I also think they should go to a number 1/number 2 system, they already heavily bias the lead car so they don't get much chance to race anyway.

I reckon Lewis likes the idea of driving a Ferrari one day though, and if he wins 4 WDCS next year I reckon he might think "well I've proven myself" in the best car, let's show people what I can do in a completely different team in another car", which may not be the best at that time.

Back
Top Bottom