Lotus/Renault

Soldato
Looks like they hired the same guy that did Sauber's livery. There are some beautiful renders on their twitter feed from fans and all we get is a black car with white sponsors like McLaren... but with yellow accents instead of red!

Associate
Yeah, it does seem like it was a bit of a waste. I guess it unveiled the team name/management/drivers - I thought I read that there were some other Renaultsport announcements in there too, but I had the stream running on mute as I was in the office so I have no idea what was actually said.

Soldato
OP
So where is Infinity in the Lotus/Renault/Red Bull rebirth? and where is Ilmor? Renault say they will be providing the same engine that they use to Red Bull.

As for colour if it stays black it needs more yellow/gold I hope it isn't yellow and blue I never like that combo.

Andi.

Soldato
As for colour if it stays black it needs more yellow/gold I hope it isn't yellow and blue I never like that combo.

The blue came from Mild Seven so you've got no worries there.

Mind you it was also the only time they won anything major (as Benetton, Benetton-Renault and Renault) so you'd better hope there's no one superstitious in charge of the livery. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Really excited with driver lineup.

Good riddance maldonado :D hopefully gutierez will be next ;)

glad to see kmag get a second chance :) he really got the short end of the stick with mclaren

Hopefully Renault and others start to close the gap with merc otherwise I will probably tune out as I did last couple of seasons

Last edited:
Caporegime
Unfortunately Renault are writing themselves off already as this years car lacks any real development other than bolting a Renault engine in it.

What they need is a solid year to work on the engine and reliability, to give them a strong base to launch into 2017 on the front foot.

Soldato
OP
Unfortunately Renault are writing themselves off already as this years car lacks any real development other than bolting a Renault engine in it.

What they need is a solid year to work on the engine and reliability, to give them a strong base to launch into 2017 on the front foot.

A good target for Mclaren then, Haas and Manor in front of those two?
Andi.

Back
Top Bottom