Michael Schumacher seriously injured

Man of Honour
Could be anywhere from mostly sub-conscious with minimal awareness through to a large degree of internal awareness but little to no ability to communicate/external awareness and/or perform physical tasks. Not sure which is worst really.

When I was a kid someone we knew had a motorcycle accident with similarish injuries in a general sense around about 1989 - they got back on a bike last year for the first time having been eager to do so from the first time they came out of a coma. So it can be a really long process.

Soldato
Kind of half quotes

From James Allen:

Montezemolo spoke today to journalists in Italy and said, “I have news of him continuously and it is not good. He was a great driver, but a ski accident has ruined him. It’s not true that he was a risk taker on skis, he was always sensible off piste.”

Associate
I really very much doubt Mr S' family are very happy with DeMonty right now. They have been rightfully trying to keep it in the family and he has said nothing at all that does anything other than to fuel fear. That's not good.

Man of Honour
Someone at work just told me that someone on facebook was saying Schumacher had died.

Fortunately that doesn't seem to be the case as I can't find anything like that. However, his health is failing and it's now been said that he needs a miracle.

http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/artic...racle-is-needed-claims-neurosurgeon/43179.htm

Not saying his health is/isn't failing but some people don't seem to understand the nature of the injury and not seeing any marked progress assume it means the opposite that he is going downhill - a family friend who suffered a very generally similar injury when I was a kid (something like 25 years ago) only recovered to some resemblance of normal in the last couple of years (and still has a lot of dependency on others/medical needs).

Man of Honour
click bait article
says former Ferrari boss Luca Cordero di Montezemolo

when his wife has repeatedly said, don't believe anything other than official statement and thats not an official statement.

medical treatment was good enough to keep him alive, but not clever enough to let him die.
accidents like this, really make me think about making a living will or what ever the uk equivalent is.

Soldato
Have to say everytime I see this thread updated I click into it expecting the worst :(

Obviously we don't know what his current state is but the fact there hasn't been any real news in years would suggest there isn't any good news and situation is as bad as it was.

Does make you think what would Schumi want to happen to himself at this point, on one hand a miracle might happen and he may improve enough to have some sort of quality of life but on the other hand a sizeable chunk of his fortune which he'd want his family and children to have and enjoy is being spent on treatment which is probably just delaying the inevitable.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Damn, came in expecting some good news :(

I doubt we will ever find out the true nature of his condition unless he makes a miraculous recovery and surfaces in the public eye.

Man of Honour
Obviously we don't know what his current state is but the fact there hasn't been any real news in years would suggest there isn't any good news and situation is as bad as it was.

These types of injuries can take a very long time to recover from - can take the brain many years to work around the damage.

Man of Honour
These types of injuries can take a very long time to recover from - can take the brain many years to work around the damage.

Mean while you are in living hell. Being bored is not pleasent now imagine that 24/7 for years with no movement or communication on top of that.

Man of Honour
I understand their desire for privacy etc but it would be nice to know how the guy is doing without all of this cryptic clickbait. Is he a potato fed through a tube or is he just wheelchair bound and paralyzed?

His fans want to know how he is. It's not much to ask honestly.

Man of Honour
I understand their desire for privacy etc but it would be nice to know how the guy is doing without all of this cryptic clickbait. Is he a potato fed through a tube or is he just wheelchair bound and paralyzed?

His fans want to know how he is. It's not much to ask honestly.

But then at the end of the day it's also none of their business.

Back
Top Bottom