Spec Me: A Print

Caporegime
Were buying a house and in the kitchen there's an end wall the current owners have a big canvas print hanging on. Stupidly, my GF has said I'm allowed to pick something to go on it :). Motorsport related has been approved, providing its a bit 'arty' and looks nice.

I've got a number of photos and prints already, including some McLarens and shots if Eau Rouge. I've got this as a large framed print, and this as well, both of which the GF likes. I was thinking if something more artistic though, like the stuff that Pop Bang Colour does, or Colin Carter, or Nicholas Watts. I also like this photo. But I'm after something a bit more abstract and artistic? Any suggestions?

Associate
Does it have to be an 'art print' or what about a nice photograph?
My friend bought me a fantastic large B&W print from 19050's F1 Monaco which is framed and hanging by our dining table. Ill try and find a pic of it to show you...even my wife doesn't mind it!

Caporegime
OP
Yeah a photo is fine, just as long as its a bit artistic. Like the Ferrari ones I already have. If we don't find anything then the Bandini one will probably go there until we do.

Soldato
I think my favourite photo is from a 1970s grid (I'm thinking Anderstorp) with no cars and only the thick, black tyre marks left from the cars powering away from the grid - I assume it was taken after the weekend as I can't remember there being anyone around.

It's got an almost eerie feel to it, like a homage to those the sport has lost over the years.

I'll see if I can dig it out when I'm at home.

Caporegime
OP
Well the picture I like the most but can't find is a 70s Porsche, and the picture I already own that will be put there if we don't have anything is a 60s Ferrari, so older stuff is fine. So long as its more artistic and abstract than just a picture of a car the GF will be fine with it.

Edit: wow, some of the Uli Ehret pieces are really nice! Expensive for the size I'd need though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rather a lot on at the moment, so I totally forgot. It looks like you're after something more art than photo, but I'll post it anyway. It's definitely soon after the race anyway, so that memory completely failed me.

I'm sure it would clean up enough for a canvas print if you did want to use it - in fact I think it would look nicely dated as it is.

start_anderstorp1975_2.jpg

And for completeness's sake, the shot as the race started: start_anderstorp1975_1.jpg

Man of Honour

Italian-Job-II_zpsuh6hsnxx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom